CD of Bill Clinton's favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This had better include Bill's reportedly favorite U2 song, "Angel of Harlem"

=====================
Aug 14, 3:06 PM EDT

CD to include Clinton's favorite tunes

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Former President Clinton is getting his own CD compilation. Organizers said it will be called "The Bill Clinton Collection: Selections from the Clinton Music Room" and is planned as the first in a series of discs of the former president's favorites.

The Clinton Presidential Foundation has been working for months to acquire licensing rights to certain titles. Foundation president Skip Rutherford said the process is complete and mass production has begun for the 11-track disc.

The CD's songs including "My One and Only Love" by John Coltrane, "Harlem Nocturne" by David Sandborn, "My Funny Valentine" by Miles Davis, "Summertime" by Zoot Sims, "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free" by Nina Simone and "Chelsea Morning" by Judy Collins.

The CD is the latest joint venture for the Clinton Library and the Clinton Museum Store. Clinton's office in New York has already reviewed the CD liner notes and Clinton Museum Store operator Connie Fails said it will be on sale in a month to five weeks.

People used to (jokingly) say that he was the first African-American President.

So that doesn't surprise me.

Ya think Rick James' "Superfreak" will be included? :D

financeguy said:
.....Or James Brown - Get up like a sex machine.

Yeah! :lmao:

I actually like Clinton, but the guy's a horny toad! :wink:

Mysterious Ways will be on it for sure....

"On your knees,boy!":wink:

and

If You Wear That Velvet Dress :ohmy: :wink:

Last edited:
Is there a song called "Deep Fried Southern Liar But Your Better Than Bush"?

because that should be the title track.

Re: Re: CD of Bill Clinton's favorites

Moonlit_Angel said:

He likes that song?

I always liked him as president...:) :up:.

Angela

Yeah, I remember figuring this fact out a couple years ago, and it was based on 2 interviews Clinton did. I think the first was when he called into the Rockline radio show, when U2 was the guest, in 92 during his first campaign. He was talking to Bono, and told him how much of a fan he was, and that he liked U2's recording of 'Angel of Harlem' in Sun Studios.

Years later, after Bono had met him at the White House, some reporters asked Clinton whether he was a U2 fan, and what his favorite song was, and he again mentioned "Angel of Harlem."

Leave it to a sax player to like a U2 song with horns! :)

Re: Re: Re: CD of Bill Clinton's favorites

LyricalDrug said:
Yeah, I remember figuring this fact out a couple years ago, and it was based on 2 interviews Clinton did. I think the first was when he called into the Rockline radio show, when U2 was the guest, in 92 during his first campaign. He was talking to Bono, and told him how much of a fan he was, and that he liked U2's recording of 'Angel of Harlem' in Sun Studios.

Years later, after Bono had met him at the White House, some reporters asked Clinton whether he was a U2 fan, and what his favorite song was, and he again mentioned "Angel of Harlem."

Ah, I see. Cool :up: :). I knew he'd talked with U2 on that radio show, but I didn't know he'd said he'd liked the song. Neat.

Originally posted by LyricalDrug
Leave it to a sax player to like a U2 song with horns! :)

Haha, good point, didn't think about that :D.

LOL at the other song suggestions for the CD :p.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom