Bono on cover of Time mag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by U2ME3:
rtcover_030402.gif

Pretty awesome!

Does this mean they are as BIG as they were back in 1987?? I'm only asking because they don't get the airplay now in my city that they used too, although our radio SUCKS here. But everything else would indicate such, i.e. superbowl, grammys, tour, tv coverage etc.

Schweeeeeeeeeet!
biggrin.gif

MUST GET ONE!!!!!!!!

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks M.P.]

Is Bono the first musician to get the TIME cover twice?

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Thanks for the heads up.

I already checked with the newstand in the lobby of the building where I work and they told me it usually comes in before noon.

Can't wait.

I believe Bruce Springsteen was on the cover of Time or Newsweek both in 1974-5 (after Born to Run) and in 1984-5 (after Born in the USA). I don't remember which magazine it was.

Nice pic and all... but the phrase "can Bono save the world?" makes my stomach turn..
just a bit too pretentious for my taste.
*whiney*

Originally posted by z edge:

Does this mean they are as BIG as they were back in 1987?? I'm only asking because they don't get the airplay now in my city that they used too, although our radio SUCKS here. But everything else would indicate such, i.e. superbowl, grammys, tour, tv coverage etc.

Good question, and good point. I never hear them on the radio here. Then again Clear Channel owns every station in town.

*sigh*

It might be a subtle response to the SB backlash. To show the "nonbelievers" that he does in fact care about the world around him, and his charity is not a publicity stunt.

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Originally posted by daisybean:

It might be a subtle response to the SB backlash. To show the "nonbelievers" that he does in fact care about the world around him, and his charity is not a publicity stunt.

That is another way of looking at it Daisybean
smile.gif

I can't wait to find the damn mag though, nobody seemed to have it today.

This morning, I picked up 2 copies on my way to work...lol, the guy at the counter sensed my excitement, and asked "big Bono fan?" and I told him about my love for U2 and he told me that the only time he ever got to see them live was at the SJ Universiy gig, in 70something, and he told me the story about how too many people showed up for it and they were all crammed in!
Loved it, cuz Bono told the same story at the SJ show last April
smile.gif

I LOVE THIS COVER. It goes perfectly in the U2 room next to my 1987 Time magazine cover.
wink.gif

I just love this cover!
biggrin.gif

Congrats to Bono!
It is a beautiful article too-

Back
Top Bottom