Bono, Andrea Bocelli and a song called L'Incontro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
I don?t know if somebody has already posted about this before, anyway, here is what I got thru e-mail today, from another site.

You can listen to Bono's spoken word contribution to the latest album by opera tenor Andrea Bocelli. Bono and Bocelli joined forces on a song called "L'Incontro" which appears on Bocelli's fifth album of pop songs, Cieli de Toscana (Skies of Tuscany). The song and lyrics were written by Bocelli after the birth of his son, Amos. Bono's vocal recitation at the beginning of the song was recorded over this past summer,
not long after the birth of his second son, John. Bocelli's poem no doubt hit home with Bono:

"Wild, like a giant, proud and happy
I take my baby in my arms
Fragile, innocent, and alive
Like a little bird pushing against my chest
Abandoned, quiet, and safe
For an instant, almost sweetly
Destiny appears to me like a dream
I see myself old, surrendered
Seated there near the coal fire
Waiting for the evening with the anxiety of a child
Just to see him coming back home
The gift of his smile, his words and kindness
It's like a promise that can solve the enormous joy of one of his caresses
Then I wake up, and I've already forgotten
But inside of me, the kid's trapped soul advises me
That this newborn child is already more important to me than that --
My own life"

According to bocelli.net, Bono's recital appears on all versions of Bocelli's album except the French and Quebec releases, on which Gerard Depardieu does the recital, and the Italian which is recited by Bocelli himself. Use the link below to listen to Bocelli's "L'Incontro" with Bono's introductory poem recital.

http://www.virtuetv.com/clients/sarahthompson/andreabocelli/lincontro_ra_80v2.ram

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 10-14-2001).]

"...fragile, innocent and alive...
....the gift of his smile, his words and kindness"
Thanks follower, that is beautiful.
Peace2U

come on, it?s a beautiful song, Bono recites the poem beautifully, give it a try!
btw, it's streaming.
bump
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 10-15-2001).]

Originally posted by follower:

According to bocelli.net, Bono's recital appears on all versions of Bocelli's album except the French and Quebec releases, on which Gerard Depardieu does the recital, and the Italian which is recited by Bocelli himself. Use the link below to listen to Bocelli's "L'Incontro" with Bono's introductory poem recital.

Thanks for the reminder...I forgot the album comes out in the US tomorrow. I'm a huge Bocelli fan as well, so this is a double pleasure for me!

Amy

This thumbs up certifies that the song has received my stamp of appreciation

I did follow your link follower and treated myself to a download. Thanks for the lead.
"..seated near the coal fire
waiting for the evening..."
Bellisimo...Bravo.

You guys have good taste
biggrin.gif

Just kidding...you're welcome cass, I think it's beautiful indeed.
Yesterday I searched for the italian lyrics of this song at Bocell?'s official site, but I didn't succeed. But I discovered that the poem was written by Bocelli 6 years ago in fact.
I think Bono recited it as if he was the one who wrote it, for his own child.

Back
Top Bottom