Best of 1980-2000 for those angered souls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Here's the cd of the songs omitted from both editions. An hours worth of cd burning and arranging should make everyone happy.

1. Gloria
2. 40
3. Two hearts beat as one
4. Drowning man (at least for me)
5. Running to stand still
6. A sort of homecoming
7. Heartland
8. God part II
9. Acrobat
10. Whos gonna ride your wild horses
11. Love is blindness
12. LEMON, LEMON, LEMON :happy:
13. Zooropa
14. Please
15. Mofo (best represents u2's club influence in the 90's)
16. The ground beneath her feet

ADD to this any song you want to add.

PS: The 1990-2000 track order is better than the 1980-1990

Paul

ADDITIONS: "One Tree Hill"; "In God's Country"; and "Out of Control"

That's all I got right, now (I would put "Walk On" and "Elevation" on the list, but I'm almost positive that their saving that up for their next 'Best Of..."). Okay, I go on holiday, now. BYE-BYE.

That is all...

...and there was much rejoicing...

I would rather buy Snutes version. I can easily burn my own 'best of' with my favorites. How can any of the new songs be included in the list? I haven't even heard "The Hands That Built America"!! I can see how they can sneak "Beautiful Day" in there since it got so much air play...but overall...this best of is not even close to being what I expected....ouch.
PS: I guess the First Time was really popular in Europe or something...it would have been nice to have heard it live during the Elevation Tour.....maybe they will play this one on the next tour....?

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. Mysterious Ways
3. Beautiful Day
4. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) (New song)
5. One
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Gone (New mix)
10. Until The End Of The World
11. The Hands That Built America (new song)
12. Discoth?que (New mix)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14. Staring At The Sun (New mix)
15. Numb (New mix)
16. The First Time
17. The Fly

The original tape for Gloria was screwed so they couldn't put that on there. Two Hearts Beat As One was a big hit, but sounds rather dated. The only other two hits that aren't present are Lemon, which is too strange for the casual listener, and Who's Going to Ride Your Wild Horses, which shouldn't be on the new album since there's already FIVE songs from AB on it. All in all, U2 has made good choices involving the tracklists. The only change should be Lemon in place of The First Time on the new album.

As for everything else you people are listing, those songs weren't really hits, so they don't really deserve a place on a greatest hits album.

Back
Top Bottom