Best non-musical parts of U2 concerts on DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
They can be from official or non-official releases.

Here's a short list to get things started:

- Loreley Amphitheater War Tour show: The German guy in the front row drinking from a gasoline container

- Paris Joshua Tree show: The giant mechanic guy who picks Bono up and carries him around the stage

- Milan Vertigo show: All the beautiful girls in the crowd, making me proud to be Italian. :sexywink:

Utoo said:
All the beautiful girls in the crowd, making me proud to be Italian. :sexywink:

U are italian ? :eyebrow: I always thought u was from the US

Re: Re: Best non-musical parts of U2 concerts on DVD

J_NP said:

U are italian ? :eyebrow: I always thought u was from the US

Well, 'Italian-American." Born in the US, but 75% Italian. Yous got a problem wit dat? :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Best non-musical parts of U2 concerts on DVD

Utoo said:

Well, 'Italian-American." Born in the US, but 75% Italian. Yous got a problem wit dat? :wink:

Stop lying. We all know you're really from Tonga. :wink:

Caroni said:
The girl from Australia that picked up Bono :lmao:

Yeah, that was brillint... The look on her face in a photo that Otto Kittsinger (sp?) took was priceless :lol:

The night after that (Melbourne 2) I was right in front of Edge's B-stage, and I can't remember which song it was after, but there was a look on Bono's face I'll never forget. I don't know if it was more of that staged spontaneity and I don't care, but the way he was pacing and moving around, and shouting back at the audience off-mike, was one of the highlights of an all-brilliant show for me.

Then there was Edge saying "Thank you, Sydney" to the Melbourne crowd... :D

Edit: Whoops, you said DVD... sorry! :reject:
Um... well, Bono's rant during SBS in R&H has always struck me as a very powerful moment, even before I was a fan...

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Best non-musical parts of U2 concerts on DVD

Utoo said:

Not if u accept that the 2006 cup u guys won , was pretty boring :wink:

Anyway , what are u mate , Milan , Inter , Juve , Roma , Lazio , Parma ....

Larry making fun of Adam's hand motions on Rattle and Hum. I do that all the time to people (not because of that, I'd done it before), so I thought it was hilarious.

Bono's South America rant about Regan during the LA JT show (I think).

Was not technically at a concert but during a performance on the Tube heaps of people rushed the stage and were dancing while the band was playing.

The dude that got on stage during Fire at the 82 Werchter Festival. Does some dance which reeks of gayness.

The guy that had the big blow up hammer at the Slane gig.

At some Europe Vertigo show fans put up a huge banner asking for an old song to be played, I can't remember which song it was.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best non-musical parts of U2 concerts on DVD

J_NP said:

Not if u accept that the 2006 cup u guys won , was pretty boring :wink:

Anyway , what are u mate , Milan , Inter , Juve , Roma , Lazio , Parma ....

FIORENTINA :wink:

Slane dvd, when Bono gets done thanking their families for lending them $$ to get started, and then says "by now you've probably given us 500 pounds each, so thank you!"

god knows I've given them $500 and more over the years, lol!

During the short rehearsal for All Along the Watchtower on the Rattle and Hum DVD:

Someone offscreen: "Who do we know that knows all the words to All Along the Watchtower?"

:lol: Cracks me up, because one would hope Bono does, considering he's about to go sing it in front of a sizable crowd. And if you notice, it appears that he has the lyrics written on about three or four small pieces of paper :giggle:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Someone offscreen: "Who do we know that knows all the words to All Along the Watchtower?"

:lol: Cracks me up, because one would hope Bono does, considering he's about to go sing it in front of a sizable crowd.

Bono, actually know the lyrics? :lol:

I guess there's a first time for everything ...

love2bmama said:
ooh, I thought of another one...on the Chicago dvd, when Bono comes up behind Larry and hits the cymbal, Larry gives him the funniest look

"WTF ARE YOU DOING??? :madspit: Touch my cymbal again and prepare to die. :mad: "

Either or. :laugh:

I watched R&H today, I thought I saw a similar look on Larry's face when Bono was wandering behind his drum kit... unless that was on one of the other DVDs or videos I was watching this weekend. Or unless I hallucinated the whole thing... :crazy:

phillyfan26 said:
Larry making fun of Adam's hand motions on Rattle and Hum. I do that all the time to people (not because of that, I'd done it before), so I thought it was hilarious.

:lmao: This makes me laugh every time i watch it.

love2bmama said:
ooh, I thought of another one...on the Chicago dvd, when Bono comes up behind Larry and hits the cymbal, Larry gives him the funniest look

Couldn't resist but post this gif. :lmao:

deathglarewi8.gif

Both of these are 2 of my fave things

Back
Top Bottom