A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I cannot. His Facebook posts are private, limited to "friends only", so it would be inappropriate for me to identify him.

I did directly quote what he said. That was exactly what he said.

:yes: :up:

His credibility is 100% in my books. I don't see him every disrespecting the memory of his past experiences (as I also wouldn't disrespect mine) by posting false information.

Ok thanks, and I definitely respect you not reposting anything. Sounds like he, along with the other people that have heard it, are on lockdown anyway. :wave:

Sem+t%C3%ADtulo-1c%C3%B3pia.jpg

Well, if this is true, gotta say I was hoping for at least a good solid 12 tracks. Something about an hour of music seems a bit more of an experience as opposed to the 10 (!!) or 11 they've been going with lately.

This is my first post here (hello!) but I've been following the new album threads closely from months already (yes, including Nick66's posts) and I thought now that this track list has been revealed, I'd share my thoughts. I just posted this on the @U2 forum as well.

I took a quick look at joaoclaudiobh's old posts and found this: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...oon-songs-of-ascent-194570-4.html#post5947973

That was for the NLOTH's rumored follow up album which... well... I'm still waiting for.

This guy's just messing with us. :angry:

Can we get the mods on this asshat? There has to be some rule about repeatedly posting fake information and acting like it's legit.

Major trolling.

So Steve is saying that Bono will be singing and Edge will be playing guitar on the new album?

Man, that's a major disappointment. The album will suck big time :(

Does that mean Adam and Larry have switced instruments?

Confirmed Rumor: Larry plays the tamborine and Adam plays the accordian the entire album.

So Steve is saying that Bono will be singing and Edge will be playing guitar on the new album?

Man, that's a major disappointment. The album will suck big time :(

I was hoping for Bono playing drums, Adam being manager, Larry playing guitar, Edge playing bass, and Paul McGuinness singing.

Surely I can't be the only one who's not at all intrigued about the prospect of a song with Edge on lead vocals?

I'm cool with it for a song or so, Van Diemen's Land is gorgeous, then again Bono & Edge's matching voices in harmony is one of U2's greatest assets.

Edge has a good voice, but Bono's is much better in my opinion, especially as a lead singer.

IMO? Like this is some unpopular opinion on a U2 forum?

People don't want to hear an Edge vocal because they think he's a better singer, but because it shakes things up a little and shows the band is being a little adventurous

@Sillywhite: @atu2comSherry i read that interview and i am sure i didn't say B+E were doing the "same thing"... they are doing GREAT things...

That's interesting because "doing great things" doesn't really fit in that sentence as well as "doing the same things" does, lol!

@Sillywhite: @atu2comSherry i read that interview and i am sure i didn't say B+E were doing the "same thing"... they are doing GREAT things...

Aside from his current knowledge and sharing the knowledge of how 'finished' U2 are in the studio...I don't give a shit what Steve Lillywhite says either way.

In fact, this time around, I don't really give a shit what any of the regulars say w/r/t the quality or sound of the music. Sure, DESCRIPTIONS are one thing. But I have no use for lavish or generic or even harsh adjectives. Especially anything pertaining to the word "hits". I can't relate to that mentality for U2 at this point. At least Lillywhite didn't use that term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom