11 'O Clock Tick Tock is THE WORST U2 song..... Worse than Refugee... Read why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have got to be kidding! The live-version is one of the best things they have ever done

Anyone who thinks 11OTT is bad - let alone U2's worst song - is 1. clueless and 2. not worth listening to. It's like someone coming along and claiming the Beatles were a one-hit-wonder.

Axver said:
It's like someone coming along and claiming the Beatles were a one-hit-wonder.

Tho actually if u look at this recent chart, which adds up the number of hit singles bands in the UK have had, these 'Beatles' are nowhere to be seen!

1. Status Quo - 61
2. Queen - 52
3. Rolling Stones - 51
4. UB40 - 51
5. U2 - 40
6. Depeche Mode - 40
7. Bee Gees - 38
8. Pet Shop Boys - 38
9. REM - 38
10. Manic Street Preachers - 37

'Veteran rock group Status Quo have had more hit singles than any other band in UK chart history, according to research published by Guinness World Records.
The band has scored 61 chart successes, dating from Pictures of Matchstick Men in 1968 to You'll Come Around in 2004.

The group, who make a guest appearance in Coronation Street this week, release their 33rd album on Monday.

Queen came second with 52 hits, with the Rolling Stones and UB40 just behind them with 51 hits each.

Irish rockers U2 and electro-pop band Depeche Mode follow with 40 hits apiece.

UK HIT SINGLES
1. Status Quo - 61
2. Queen - 52
3. Rolling Stones - 51
4. UB40 - 51
5. U2 - 40
6. Depeche Mode - 40
7. Bee Gees - 38
8. Pet Shop Boys - 38
9. REM - 38
Source: Guinness World Records

Status Quo, who appeared on ITV1's Avenue of the Stars show on Sunday, were presented with an award to mark their achievement while filming their Coronation Street cameo in August.

"We are delighted and honoured to receive this impressive accolade," Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi said at the time.

"Forty years have flown by and we intend to keep rocking all over the world for many years to come."

The figures are contained in the latest edition of the Book of British Hit Singles and Albums.'

:shrug:

Well, it's interesting that you should mention that. It's come to my attention that
lemons.jpg

Furthermore,
45a.jpg

The Manics are on that list? Woot.

Of course no one outside the UK and other selected markets even know who the hell everyone's favourite pretend-brainy Welshmen are but screw that.

Manics = best band ever.

You know it. Woo hoo. This one's for two wheeled freaks everywhere, Motorcycle Emptiness!

Motown junk a junk a junka. We live in urban hell. We destroyl rock and rooooolllll....

Fall out scream! Death melody! Maggots in your culture scene! Fall to pieces! So you can't find! Hey passive electorate, DIE DIE DIE!!!!!! YOU LOVE US!!!!!

*Ahem*

Oh yeah 11'O Clock Tick Tock is nowhere near the worst U2 song ever.

First off, don't bring down Refugee! Everything on War is gold! :yes:

Second, was this thread only started to tick Axver off? :shame: I bet the next one says "One Tree Hill is U2's Worst Song (After 11OCTT & Refugee)." Shame! :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
You know it. Woo hoo. This one's for two wheeled freaks everywhere, Motorcycle Emptiness!

Motown junk a junk a junka. We live in urban hell. We destroyl rock and rooooolllll....

Fall out scream! Death melody! Maggots in your culture scene! Fall to pieces! So you can't find! Hey passive electorate, DIE DIE DIE!!!!!! YOU LOVE US!!!!!

:rockon: "ALL ABOARD THE SOUL TRAIN WE'RE THE M S P!":rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

Tho actually if u look at this recent chart, which adds up the number of hit singles bands in the UK have had, these 'Beatles' are nowhere to be seen!

1. Status Quo - 61
2. Queen - 52
3. Rolling Stones - 51
4. UB40 - 51
5. U2 - 40
6. Depeche Mode - 40
7. Bee Gees - 38
8. Pet Shop Boys - 38
9. REM - 38

out of these bands U2 has the most top 10's

oh and refugee is class, one of the best songs ont he album

Endless hours in bed, no peace in this mind
No one knows the hell where innocence dies
Fragments crawling like cobwebs on stone
Blows away the safety only a sleeping pill knows

And that will be all I will contribute to this thread. But this has been your Manic Street Preachers Public Service Announcement (with guitar!). Repeat after me, fuck queen and country. We hate dance. Rock and roll is dead, long live rock and roll.

yertle-the-turtle said:

And that will be all I will contribute to this thread. But this has been your Manic Street Preachers Public Service Announcement (with guitar!). Repeat after me, fuck queen and country. We hate dance. Rock and roll is dead, long live rock and roll.

;)

Axver said:
Anyone who thinks 11OTT is bad - let alone U2's worst song - is 1. clueless and 2. not worth listening to. It's like someone coming along and claiming the Beatles were a one-hit-wonder.

For the record, I love both songs (Even Refugee :reject: ). I just HAD to see your reaction on this. :wink: (Thus the "Wait for it...")

Zooropa1310 said:

For the record, I love both songs (Even Refugee :reject: ). I just HAD to see your reaction on this. :wink: (Thus the "Wait for it...")

:lol: I knew it! :lmao:

I mean, shame! :shame: :wink:

:lmao: Thought so. Which is why you didn't get the full-blown paragraph on why 11OTT rules. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom