The Happy Mondays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anyoneelse here listened to them, step on is class....................

any good, though i sense no enthusiasm from your words............

Wish I was a baggy kid in 1980's Madchester.

Stone Roses :drool: :drool:
Happy Mondays :drool: :drool:

I gotta get Thrills, Pills and Bellyache's sooner or later....supposed to be a classic.

Kinky Afro is incredible....

Step On...

"Youre twistin my melon man, you know you talk so hip man
Youre twistin my melon man"......oh yeah....

Happy Mondays were great! zoney I am envious. Manchester legends... and intedomine, you should get Thrills, Pills and Bellyaches because it is a classic Manchester album (next to Stone Roses' debut, of course).

A tid bit I always found interesting was that I heard (and this is just rumor) It's been said that ecstasy used to flow freely (as in, the band used to give the music journalists piles of pills) at the gigs hence the music reviews of "it was the greatest show ever, man!"

Don't know if any of that's true, but given the band and given the time frame it wouldn't surprise me. After all there are a few kernals of truth to the cinematic fiasco that was 24 Hour Party People... but that's for another thread. Hey, whatever makes a good story, haha. So :shrug:

Anyway, a good Happy Mondays documentary that a friend sent to me is called Call The Cops and it outlines the Mondays' attempt at conquering the U.S. If you're a Mondays fan or a fan of the Manchester movement it should be on the must-see list.

Back
Top Bottom