So it's OK to eat LOTS of carbs again????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
Update:

Day 8 on Atkins, all the carb withdrawal symptoms are gone and I feel kind of incredible. I don't own scales so I don't know how much I've actually lost but when my housemate and I meet at the coffee pot each morning and pull up our shirts and say "do I look thinner?" we both think we do, lol...

I had some major carb withdrawals when I first started in January too. The first week or two was very rough on me.

I wouldn't say I'm following any specific plan other than I've cut out a ton of carbs from my diet and increased the green vegetable intake. It was very hard to find things to eat, especially since I'm a vegetarian and my diet was mainly carbs. I eat a lot of the same things everyday with little variety but I don't really mind it so much.

I've done ok but I know I haven't lost as much as I could. I think my carb intake a day is still to high to lose a significant amount of weight. I only eat low carb bread and wraps and the occasional Atkins snack bar but I think it's still too much. I've lost about 10-12 pounds since January. I definitely notice a difference in how my clothes fit me and my energy level. I just feel so much better. Last week was a week of eating out just about everyday and I didn't really watch myself. I didn't gain anything but I don't think I want to do that again anytime soon. :tsk:

My friend has been trying to lose weight too but she hasn't lost a single pound. She's just trying to eat more fat free foods. Aren't fat free foods filled with carbs? She told me the other day that she feels like she's gained weight in the last month or so, not lost anything so she doesn't see the point of trying to eat healthy.

If you compare fat-free versions of foods to their regular counterparts, there are almost always more carbs in the fat-free foods.

12 lbs in 2 months is not insignificant! :)

bonosloveslave said:

12 lbs in 2 months is not insignificant! :)

I know but I feel like they just feel off of me and now I've been at a stand still for a few weeks. I don't think I've lost anything in a while but that doesn't make me want to give up at all. I like this way much better. :yes:

arw9797 said:

I've lost about 10-12 pounds since January.

I think I'm right on track you with there...I've been doing Atkins seriously since late January and I've lost about 10 pounds...I feel like I should be losing more but I've gone down 2 sizes and I guess that's what really matters. I just have to remind myself that this is a lifelong thing and its not going to happen overnight.

My friend has been trying to lose weight too but she hasn't lost a single pound. She's just trying to eat more fat free foods. Aren't fat free foods filled with carbs? She told me the other day that she feels like she's gained weight in the last month or so, not lost anything so she doesn't see the point of trying to eat healthy.

I got sick of low carb last year and decided to go law fat instead and I didn't lose an ounce...I think I probably gained 10 pounds. I was counting calories and working out 3-4 times a week and it just wasn't working for me. Low carb is the only way I can seem to take any amount of weight off.

Low fat foods tend to be full of sugar. Which is ridiculous, cos your body will just store the excess sugar as fat

I've been following a diet based on glycemic index for the past couple of months, and it works well as a maintenance diet, but I want to lose some more weight now, so I'm back on Atkins :up:

arw9797 & BAW: Try incorporating some amino acid supplements into your diet, especially l-carnitine. It can make a big difference in weight loss and is also great for digestion/constipation. As was recommended to me by a nutritionist, I take it on an empty stomach in the morning and just before bed. I also take l-ornithine. You might also benefit from a liver cleanse. I'm also continuing with my usual workout regimen. I feel great.

The most significant change I've noticed since I passed the carb withdrawal stage is that my sleep patterns have been consistent and normal (for me) which is huge given that I've struggled with sleep issues my whole life. Now I'm sleeping deeply for 6 hours without interruption which is all the sleep I need. In the past I've only gotten 4 on average. It'll be interesting to see if this continues.

Well the problem I am encountering is I am training for this cycling marathon. I physically cannot do it without carbs. I keel right over and I literally feel myself running out of gas. :shrug:

Nothing in the whole Atkins book addresses athletic training/food requirements.

Right now, after losing an initial 2.5lbs, I seem to be eating and expending an equal number of calories, (including about 25% carbs), so I am neither gaining or losing. :tsk: It's frustrating, so I am going to try to eat even less.

I hate :censored: dieting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

:help:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom