Shuttlecock XXII: Adam is British

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're forgetting Cujo and I are good friends, I meant it as a compliment.

Then again, I don't blame you for thinking any comparison to Cujo must be bad. :wink:

I didn't forget. I just meant my incredibly lame pun wasn't worthy of the comparison. :wink:

By the way, Joyful. I've become 100% addicted to Larabars since you mentioned them in passing once on here. (probably in one of the juicer related posts we were so hated for)

Aren't they great? Three or so recognizable ingredients in 14 flavors. :drool:

I'm starting to think you're a glutton for punishment, Elfa.

Afternoon, 'cockers.

Afternoon, phanan.

I asked a question in the NHL thread and no one responded :)sad:), so 'll ask here. Are you going or think of going to the Winter Classic at Fenway on Jan. 1? I should be in Montreal for the holidays, and some of my friends are going to the game - provided they get tickets, of course. I may just tag along.

I swear, I am having massive brain fail this week. A lot of :der: moments.

On the plus side, I caught up on the tour forum over lunch and at no point did I feel compelled to jump into the idiocy or the mocking of same, so yay for me.

I watched both the Crazy and Magnificock videos last night. I liked Crazy, didn't like Magnificock (seemed a bit amateurish). I know someone else has mentioned it already, but U2 has finally updated their official Youtube channel (and removed the crappy 18 related videos they put up years ago) and added the new Crazy vid, live vids of Magnificock and Breathe, and some behind the scenes thing on the album (which I haven't watched). They were the featured channel yesterday. Here's the link to their channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/U2official

We had a department soccer tournament all morning. Yes, I called it soccer, Oasisdouche. Anyways, it was fun.

Nice job, Cori! :D

I saw that U2 channel yesterday. Still can't find the Magnificock video anywhere.

Vacations are nice. I met a bunch of my Dad's side of the family that I hadn't met or hadn't seen since I was very little, so that was good.

I just watched the Crazy Tonight video for the first time and I have no idea what was going on in it. If there was a plot there, I couldn't find it. Wouldn't be the first time I've lost the plot, though.

As for the recent tour stuffs:

Very cool that they dropped UTEOTW in there, and I hope they keep it in. And play it in Chicago. Those high quality YouTube vids of the concerts are awesome, too, and they usually give you a really good close up shot of Bono's ever-expanding gut. The man has never looked this out of shape. He had to sing the first half of Bad on the floor because he had literally fallen and couldn't get up. And when he was climbing over the railings of that bridge thing during UTEOTW, I was seriously scared that he was going to injure himself. Or injure one of the poor fans below him by falling on them. I guess that's just what happens when you get old? Maybe Pete Townshend was right?

Shit, I forgot. The whole family took one of the afternoons and went to Red Rocks. During the day they just let you walk up to the stage and walk around the seats and stuff. It was stunning. Really gorgeous venue. I'd love to actually see a show there. Has anyone had the pleasure?

I wanted to walk to the foot of the stage and turn around and scream "This song is not a rebel song. This song IS Sunday Bloody Sunday." Or maybe "Sing this song with me, this is 40!" But my family would have thought I was weird.

We went there in college, while in Denver on a choir tour. I ran up on stage and yelled "I'm standing where Bono once stood!"

The end.

Those are awesome stories. I'd like to go see Red Rocks one time. If I end up going to Phoenix's gig, I might make a day trip of it.

GAF, I'm sure your family already thinks you're weird. :wink:

ETA: Martha beat me to it.

Well, yeah, a lot of my family already knows I'm weird. But I was also with a bunch of uncles and aunts and cousins that I don't know too well and I didn't want to let the "I'm secretly a big U2 nerd" cat out of the bag just yet. Because it's possible that they've heard NLOTH and they'd be embarrassed for me and think "He likes that band?"

Well, yeah, a lot of my family already knows I'm weird. But I was also with a bunch of uncles and aunts and cousins that I don't know too well and I didn't want to let the "I'm secretly a big U2 nerd" cat out of the bag just yet. Because it's possible that they've heard NLOTH and they'd be embarrassed for me and think "He likes that band?"

Later that night, when you drank too much and then wet your bed in your sleep, woke up at 4am still drunk and wandered 1.5 miles away and fell into a ditch where you promptly puked and passed out in a pool of your own sick, did they get embarrassed for you then?

I would have informed them all that Bono used a really apt snippet of Drowning Man on this part of the stage.

Later that night, when you drank too much and then wet your bed in your sleep, woke up at 4am still drunk and wandered 1.5 miles away and fell into a ditch where you promptly puked and passed out in a pool of your own sick, did they get embarrassed for you then?

And would they have had to pay the hooker, or would you have covered it up front earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom