Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it's tour time, I decided to do a little exercise I did once before, which is to list every pre-00s song that hasn't been played in at least ten years, to get a visual presentation of what they haven't played in a long time(or ever). The first time I did it was before I+E. Since then, October, Two Hearts Beat As One, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock,
A Sort Of Homecoming
, Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires, Exit, and Sweetest Thing have been removed from the list, since they were played on I+E or JT30.

Five songs have also been added, as the Vertigo Tour is over ten years old now, and it wasn't the first time I did this.

Songs last played prior to the October Tour
Shadows And Tall Trees - July 27, 1980

Songs last played on the October Tour
Stories For Boys - March 27, 1982
Another Time, Another Place - May 14, 1982
With A Shout - May 15, 1982
Rejoice - August 7, 1982

Songs last played on the War Tour
Fire - February 26, 1983
Like A Song - February 26, 1983
Tomorrow - May 5, 1983
A Celebration - November 29, 1983

Songs last played on the Unforgettable Fire Tour
Twilight - September 24, 1984
Indian Summer Sky - February 4, 1985
Surrender - March 22, 1985
I Fall Down - April 18, 1985
I Threw A Brick - April 18, 1985
A Day Without Me - April 18, 1985
Wire - July 7, 1985
Seconds - August 25, 1985

Songs last played on the Joshua Tree Tour
Silver And Gold - November 11, 1987

Songs last played on Lovetown
Hawkmoon 269 - December 18, 1989
God Part II - January 9, 1990

Songs last played on ZooTV
So Cruel - September 15, 1992
Van Diemen's Land - July 6, 1993
Babyface - August 20, 1993
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - December 10, 1993
Love Is Blindness - December 10, 1993(the Vertigo performance was a glorified snippet)
Numb - December 10, 1993
Lemon - December 10, 1993
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - December 10, 1993
Dirty Day - December 10, 1993

Songs last played on Popmart
Do You Feel Loved - May 9, 1997
If God Will Send His Angels - June 27, 1997
Miami - November 14, 1997
Mofo - March 21, 1998
Last Night On Earth - March 21, 1998
If You Wear That Velvet Dress - March 21, 1998

Songs last played on the Elevation Tour
Gone - August 27, 2001
Wake Up Dead Man - October 16, 2001
Please(full band) - October 19, 2001
Staring At The Sun - October 24, 2001(Well, ok, it was played at that Clinton fundraiser in 2011...)
Slow Dancing - November 16, 2001
Please(acoustic) - December 2, 2001

Songs last played on the Vertigo Tour
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - June 27, 2005
Discotheque - September 20, 2005
The Wanderer - November 2, 2005
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - November 13, 2005/December 09, 2006
The First Time - December 12, 2006

Songs never played
Stranger In A Strange Land
Is That All?
Drowning Man
The Refugee
Red Light
Promenade
4th Of July
Elvis Presley And America
Heartland
Acrobat
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The Playboy Mansion

Looks like a ton of $70 reserved seats have dropped for Sunday in Pasadena, stuff at the back end of the bowl. The pattern of the released seats looks like they were waiting to see if they would be obstructed by the towers on the field.

Keep your eyes peeled for GA

Yeah I've seen that. Will keep an eye on it. If tickets keep remaining available I might even wait til after the Saturday night gig, just so that if I do get a seat I can scope out good spots.

Yeah there will be plenty of tix available for Sunday, just a question of if/when more GA might drop.
So you have plenty of options.

Thanks for the support man :)

I hate to say this, but I'm really hoping that Chris Cornell's suicide by hanging doesn't lead to Stuck returning to the setlist.

Lol. That would be a weird thing to play

namkcuR

Thanks for posting that list, very informative... man, as bad as I'd like to see Acrobat played - I'd also like either Heartland or Promenade..

Still feeling gutted over the Chris Cornell news.

I have a $70 cheap seat for Sunday night. Everyone should come and sit with me up there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd like a cheap seat for Saturday night.

I have an extra ticket for Sunday that I just put on sale on TM. If somebody wants it, let me know and I'll pull it. Pretty good seat (2nd tier price), below
face value if I like you. :)

Last edited:
Stuck is written about Michael Hutchence...?

Would be super weird to play a song that's specifically about Michael Hutchence in tribute to Chris Cornell, even more so given they died in the same way. I'm certain Laz was joking.

The song may have been inspired by Hutch's death, but he always said the song was about suicide, and that if the person had a moment of clarity to think about how this moment will pass it may not happen.

for months, i've been firmly in the fuck "42" u2 bandwagon. i guess cobbler's hat made me not want to go see them or something. but i finally decided to see if there were tickets available and lo and behold, they did a ga drop for dallas so i bought tickets. the show better be awesome.

Right, they should do Badmotorfinger, not Superunknown.

(They'll just need an ambulance on stand by for Larry after they play Jesus Christ Pose.)

I'm fucking 22 and that song wears me out whenever I play it on drums, Matt Cameron is a beast and probably my favorite drummer

for months, i've been firmly in the fuck "42" u2 bandwagon. i guess cobbler's hat made me not want to go see them or something. but i finally decided to see if there were tickets available and lo and behold, they did a ga drop for dallas so i bought tickets. the show better be awesome.

Awesome! :up: I'm sure you won't regret it.

I had to pass on this tour so I'm jealous of all of you.

Hope you LA1 LA2'ers have an amazing time this weekend.

What's the rundown on GA this tour? Is it more like 360 (blurrghhhhrrhh) or I+E (pls)? I swear to God, if I have to show up at 6 AM and battle line Nazis for a decent spot, I'm saying fuck it and walking in an hour beforehand.

I joined the Seattle line at 3:30 in case of entry fiascos, but honestly, unless you need to be within a few rows, there's no need. There was loads of space mid-field and up close on far sides of the stage even at 6:30.

There was a small Rose Bowl 1 GA drop late last night (around midnight pacific), so for those of you looking for Rose Bowl 2 GA, might not be a bad idea to peak at TM later tonight a few times.

I joined the Seattle line at 3:30 in case of entry fiascos, but honestly, unless you need to be within a few rows, there's no need. There was loads of space mid-field and up close on far sides of the stage even at 6:30.

Did they give out numbered wristbands this time or was it first come first serve?

Alright. I'm probably just going to stroll up before the pre-screening at 3 and hope it works out.

Laz, do you have GA's or dbag seats?

IMG_3287_zps1essojad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom