Shuttlecock! Part XVI - Tours of the future hold the metal crustaceans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now looking for some great U2 bootlegs from U2start. Where do I begin? I only have one: ZooTV Dublin.

U2start is a great website - I uploaded a ton of stuff when they were first getting off the ground.

I have no idea where to even suggest you start. There's a lot of awesome stuff out there.

Do you just want stuff that's great quality, or do you want "significant" or great shows even if the quality isn't that hot?

There's a 1987 Chicago show that's really great; you'd think it was a soundboard recording but apparently it's just amazing audience.

... and holy shit - MUSE? that would be awsome. If I have to suffer through BEP in Vancouver, Vegas or Chicago had better get a great opening act to make up for it.

Is it a foregone conclusion that cock.i.am and Black Eyed Cocks are going to open in Los Angeles? If so, I am not going to be a happy camper, especially as I'll hopefully be in GA and won't have the luxury of showing up between sets.

They may be experiencing Knife Crime barrio-style.

Have we even had a confirmed date for LA? Although I wouldn't be surprised that they're confirming an opening act before actually saying "Oh yeah, the concert is actually going to be on xx date."

Especially when Boner tells the audience to shut up during Springhill Cocking Disaster.

"This is Shuttlecock, this isn't The Beaters."

Ha! Totally. Ah, uber-serious Shuttlecock. I don't really miss those guys.

Muse are just about the only band I can think of that could hold their own in a stadium opening for U2. Everyone else would get lost, or are already too big to open for U2.

I would definitely not be buying merchandise or getting a hot dog during Muse. I would already be telling people around me to be quiet.

During the last tour, I was asking people to speak louder so I wouldn't have to listen to the audio shit Kings of Leon were defecating.

During the last tour, I was asking people to speak louder so I wouldn't have to listen to the audio shit Kings of Leon were defecating.

Perhaps I should be grateful then that I couldn't differentiate between any two notes they may have played. It all sounded like noisy shit to me.

We agree on KOL. The only thing worse than waiting in 103 degree Phoenix heat all day long to be rail skank was to then have to endure KOL. No place to run, no place to hide, rail skank must simply endure.

U2start is a great website - I uploaded a ton of stuff when they were first getting off the ground.

I have no idea where to even suggest you start. There's a lot of awesome stuff out there.

Do you just want stuff that's great quality, or do you want "significant" or great shows even if the quality isn't that hot?

There's a 1987 Chicago show that's really great; you'd think it was a soundboard recording but apparently it's just amazing audience.

... and holy shit - MUSE? that would be awsome. If I have to suffer through BEP in Vancouver, Vegas or Chicago had better get a great opening act to make up for it.

Both, if you have any ideas.

We agree on KOL. The only thing worse than waiting in 103 degree Phoenix heat all day long to be rail skank was to then have to endure KOL. No place to run, no place to hide, rail skank must simply endure.

Maybe KOL are fantastic live usually, and could be the type of group I'd absolutely love if I gave them another chance, but they were truly so bad both nights in Phoenix on the last tour that I don't think I'll ever mentally be able to get over that.

I've seen local groups composed of high school kids who had better stage presence and sound.

Both, if you have any ideas.

the best bootlegs i can think of are the New Year's Eve Dublin 1989 Bootlegs -- you can hear Harry Muffin shouting "1-2-3-4" at the beginning of Desire -- and the follow up shows in Rotterdam in early 1990. it's 80s Shuttlecock at their best.

If I saw Kings of leon live at a show I would of walked away. I think they could be one of the most annoying bands in music right now...

So I went snowshoeing in Grand Teton National Park this morning, and actually, honest-to-God completely forgot about the presale. Had a great time, got some nice pictures, came back and first thing I see is a PM from cori saying that we have tickets and they're at an awesome spot. I feel so spoiled not having to worry about ticketbastard for tickets. I should have nsw buy all my concert tix. :hmm:

Oh and:

Section 142, Row 16. Right to the side of the freaking stage. :yippie:

27241s.gif

Fuuuuuuuck me!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

the best bootlegs i can think of are the New Year's Eve Dublin 1989 Bootlegs -- you can hear Harry Muffin shouting "1-2-3-4" at the beginning of Desire -- and the follow up shows in Rotterdam in early 1990. it's 80s Shuttlecock at their best.

Love the New Year's Shows in Dublin :drool:

I am now looking for some great U2 bootlegs from U2start. Where do I begin? I only have one: ZooTV Dublin.

My selections:

1982-03-17 New York, New York
1983-06-05 Denver, Colorado
1984-10-23 Nantes, France (featuring the only soundboard version of ISS)
1987-11-07 Denver, Colorado
1989-12-31 Dublin, Ireland
1992-08-16 Washington, District of Columbia (sloppy as hell, but thrilling, and features an amazing version of Ultraviolet)
1993-08-11 London, England (Zooropa + Babyface + a fantastic version of Bullet = one of my all-time favorite U2 bootlegs)
1997-08-28 Leeds, England (simply electrifying performances all around)
1998-02-11 Santiago, Chile (features Mothers Of The Disappeared, plus it has great sound quality
2001-10-10 South Bend, Indiana
2001-10-24 New York, New York
2005-04-15 Glendale, Arizona
2005-07-16 Amsterdam, Netherlands

I'll peruse my U2 crap and see if there's any other suggestions I can add to what others have already suggested.

Is that 8/11/93 London show the one where they had the Sarajevo hookup and Bono got seriously pissed off during Bullet? "America! Where are you? Fuck you!!!!!" Dude, that was some awesome chilling stuff in that show, whichever show that was.

I didn't mind KOL when I saw them the first night in Seattle, when I had GA. Then the second night, I was in the seats, and something about their loudness and the acoustics in the arena, but holy shit, I had to plug my ears. It was physically painful.

Then the second night, I was in the seats, and something about their loudness and the acoustics in the arena, but holy shit, I had to plug my ears. It was physically painful.

That's how I remember them when I was right outside the ellipse in San Jose. Just a wash of ear-piercing sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom