Random Music Talk XXXVII: Powerhour cares more about Spotify than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This song was available to stream like a month ago.

Brilliant comment on the YouTube page though:

"not a bad song, but if this is suppose to be the leading single or highlights of the new record then it doesnt sound all that promising, man those are some shady characters on the cover, those type of people i try to escape from not embrace, red symbolizes passion so im guessing it will be a passionate record, the guitars sound sweet, but im not sure if i wanna throw down some money to buy a record with bummer lyrics about fading fast and blowjobs, but whateve, still will probably"

Name the Interferencer this sounds like.

This song was available to stream like a month ago.

Brilliant comment on the YouTube page though:

"not a bad song, but if this is suppose to be the leading single or highlights of the new record then it doesnt sound all that promising, man those are some shady characters on the cover, those type of people i try to escape from not embrace, red symbolizes passion so im guessing it will be a passionate record, the guitars sound sweet, but im not sure if i wanna throw down some money to buy a record with bummer lyrics about fading fast and blowjobs, but whateve, still will probably"

Name the Interferencer this sounds like.

Yolland.

For the vinyl freaks (I ain't going in that thread):

Mirror Traffic

Also, according to the SM site, he already has a bunch of new songs and they'll be playing some on this tour.

Sad to see that Janet Weiss isn't in the band anymore, but at least she's on the new album, kind of an Aleks Campesinos! situation :sad:

Between SM, LC!, and the AB Remaster, this could wind up being one of my favorite music years in quite some time. Too bad Radiohead underwhelmed and Shuttlecock couldn't get their shit together for a new one.

BTW, NSW, you never went into detail about why you were sour on the recent R.E.M. Penny for your thoughts?

Ok, I'll make it a nickel.

M0001256.jpg

Yes.

I actually scratched the Gossip Girl plans, and went with The Roommate, the "horror" movie from last year starring Leighton and Minka Kelly. With Leighton as the psycho villain. It's soooooooo bad, but the two leads are in every scene and are completely charming and I'm having a great time laughing at its campiness.

Dammit, Jeff Lynne. I'm not sure if "faded like the Beatles on Hey Jude" is the finest simile of all time or one of the cheesiest. Right now I'm definitely leaning towards the former.

Don't know much about Jeff Lynne, other than the fact that he co-wrote most of the songs on Full Moon Fever. Which makes him cool.

ELO guy, Traveling Wilburys guy, Tom Petty guy. All-around nice guy.

I really like Full Moon Fever, although I personally prefer Wildflowers. It always stuns me when I remember that Rick Rubin was behind the boards for it...I guess that's why it's such a dry, direct-sounding album.

I agree, Wildflowers is my favorite Petty joint. Beautiful album.

Couldn't name more than a couple of ELO tracks, unfortunately.

Gotta say, Listen To Her Heart > You Don't Know How It Feels opening the Petty concert I went to last summer was one of the highlights of my year. He could have covered In A Little While for the rest of the gig and it would have been gravy.

Petty is the man with the plan.

I recently found out that the song "Asshole" on the She's The One soundtrack is a cover of a Beck song. I was in the dark about that one for years. Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom