Bono & Edge to Appear on Letterman Show Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's definitely something wrong with Bono's leg :huh:

Makes you wonder. I haven't noticed anything on all the videos I've seen of him performing recently. Maybe he just overdid it?! Hope he's fine.

I cannot wait to see the rest of this show and interview. I like the Spiderman soundtrack, though I wouldn't want to listen to it every day, but for a Broadway show it's great music.

Btw, love Bono's hair, it's the best hairstyle he's had in ages. :)

Definitely something up with the leg....:hmm: Which crazy fan tackled him on the way in??

As for the shouting/loudness....Some of it is due to the fact that he's sitting. It's no easy feat to sing well while sitting down. He ends up using a lot of "head voice," and thus needs to writhe around like he does in order to get the diaphragm involved. Pretty good, though!

Anyone else notice that some mystery keyboards come in beginning around "and if the night runs over..."? Was that Paul Schaffer chiming in?

Re: Leg problem - could be just because he's sitting .... sitting gives a certain pressure to your back/discs that you don't feel when you're standing, walking, jumping etc. I wouldn't worry too much. As far as I see he's not limbing and doesn't seem limited in his moves in any way when he's on stage.

Nice performance of Stuck :up:

Studio Stuck, with its cheesy synthetic horns and grandiosity is one of my least favorite U2 songs, but I love the understated acoustic version. It's so humble, and you actually get the conversational vibe from the lyrics that you miss when it's drowned in whatever bullshit they tossed into the arrangement on the record.

This version is one of those typically excellent acoustic ones...Bono always seems to summon emotion for this song whenever it's played in this context, and I'm rather in awe of the vocal, which he somehow managed to deliver sitting down. Very impressive.

Freak Like Me is one of the low points of music and mankind in general.

I was wondering about the leg also but I have had surgery on my back and know that there can always be some lingering effects. It has been 9 years since I had a discectomy and I still can nlotstraighten my leg completely and I sometimes have to find awkward seating positions. Like someone earlier said sitting is the worst for your back due to the pressure it puts on it.

Humidity like the last few days can always aggravate injuries as well. Plus, he has not really rested much since May. It might be made in Germany, but even Audis need work done on them from time to time.

good Letterman. I usually don't watch it that much because of time, but last night was very entertaining. Even the Spiderman part, i thought those oddball characters were interesting and funny. Then again im a juvenile child at times, so its easy to see why i might like the goofball shit. I was/am amazed at the intensity of Bono & Edge's "stuck" sitting on the couch. Their whole interview was funny...these guys never cease to amaze me.

I was thrilled when I found out they were going to be Dave's only guests last night. It was like "An Evening with Bono & the Edge."
I think the highlight for me was when they were talking about Bono's injury and Edge commented on Bono's high tolerance for pain. I guess that explains why Bono has taken so many bad falls on stage, and you think, "Ow, that's gotta hurt," but he gets up and keeps right on going.
I also liked it when Bono impersonated the doctor's voice, informing him that the fact that he couldn't use his legs just might be an indication that something was seriously wrong. You think?
I liked how they were clearly proud of the 360 tour, which has sold 7 million tickets and made $700 million. It was touching when Edge said he was both excited and sad that the tour will soon be ending.
Then, what a delight when Edge reached behind the couch and said, "Oh, there just happens to be a guitar here!" I didn't expect them to perform. "Stuck in a Moment" was a good choice because it works as an acoustic song. So what if Bono forgot the words? Dave probably doesn't know the song and never noticed.
It seemed to me that Bono found it difficult to sing full out and hit the high notes while he was sitting. He looked like he really wanted to get up out of that chair.
I agree that the "Spiderman" dance number was absolutely awful. Did you notice that Bono and Edge left the building before that, as if they didn't want to be associated with it?
But the rest of the show was just wonderful. I can't wait to go home tonight and watch it again on tape.

God, I love Freak Like Me. Catchiest song Bono and Edge have ever written. If Lada Gaga recorded that song, it would be a #1 hit.

Didn't care much for that Spiderman-performance (the guy playing the Green Goblin was pretty good, though), but Stuck was great. Bono really brought it in the middle and towards the end, and Edge sounded as good as always.

I didn't mind the Spiderman performance. Its a typical cheesy Broadway number.

But the costumes of the villains looked a bit cheap. For being a huge production you would think the costumes of the dancers & villains would look somewhat better.

Bono screws up the lyrics AGAIN!!!

Did he? :scratch:

Bono's notorious for changing the lyrics to songs - even somewhat whimsically. Also, if he did "forget", the song flowed. I saw U2 perform "Fast Cars" in Boston on the Vertigo tour. Midway through, it was obvious Bono forgot the next verse. They kept playing as Bono went to Edge to ask the next line. :lol: To me, that was an obvious "oops, what's next?" moment. In contrast, this time the song just flowed, as if he meant to say those words. Plus, his vocals were outstanding. Bravo! :applaud:

So I'm leaning a bit towards some improv on Bono's part - this time.

As for his leg, the bit I saw made me think that Bono was too short for that chair. :wink: But it's possible it was some back pain or limitations due to his surgery. He may have that for the rest of his life.

Didn't see the SM bit. Will watch next.

Fantastic version of 'Stuck', Bono really seemed to be feeling every word, I wish he'd use this approach with some of the pre-2000 tunes. Nice to see him really stretching the vocal chords, we get the raw power of yesteryear mingled with the vulnerable ache of today. Certainly reminds you of what a great singer he can be on his given night.

And those keyboard embellishments at the end were great.

I'd rather have Edge sing "Sinistereo" and hear him sing the lyrics "You set yourself on fire" while we see pyrotechnics set Edge's guitar on fire.

God, I love Freak Like Me. Catchiest song Bono and Edge have ever written. If Lada Gaga recorded that song, it would be a #1 hit.

It is catchy.

Studio Stuck > acoustic Stuck, I like both versions.

Another link to Stuck via Letterman..might be better quality (and unfortunately probably not able to be viewed by all)

Late Show Video - Bono & The Edge: Stuck In a Moment - CBS.com

Studio Stuck, with its cheesy synthetic horns and grandiosity is one of my least favorite U2 songs, but I love the understated acoustic version. It's so humble, and you actually get the conversational vibe from the lyrics that you miss when it's drowned in whatever bullshit they tossed into the arrangement on the record.

This version is one of those typically excellent acoustic ones...Bono always seems to summon emotion for this song whenever it's played in this context, and I'm rather in awe of the vocal, which he somehow managed to deliver sitting down. Very impressive.

all of this :up:

chazman, thanks for sharing the link, and LemonMelon, thanks for summing up my feelings about this song perfectly :)

beautiful . . . that man's voice, and this bands music, just hit me right where I live and none more so than live :heart:

It was a great show. The spiderman scene wasn't very good IMO. It was rather silly. But just a regular broadway show I guess.

I thought stuck was great.

And about the leg... I just think bono isn't tall enaugh for the chair. :wink:

I wanted to watch whole episode, but i can`t because it`s no available on my contry (this is not fair:angry:) :sad::reject:
so does anyone have it?

I wanted to watch whole episode, but i can`t because it`s no available on my contry (this is not fair:angry:) :sad::reject:
so does anyone have it?
I'm in Estonia and can't see it either,but if you have Firefox,you can install extention called Stealthy.it allows your computer to have any proxy you need.you make your computer to seem to be located in US. i'm watching the whole episode on CBS right now.

You may download the entire episode here:

Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload

Use VLC to play (world's best free media player)
icon7.gif

EDIT: Woops forgot, you also need 7-zip to extract the _avi video file

Download 7-zip here:
Download 7-Zip from SourceForge.net
It's really small and efficient. Install it on your computer and use it to extract the _avi video file. You can simply right-click one of the .r01, .r02 files, and choose "Extract Here"
icon14.gif

Maybe someone can record and upload it?! I've only seen a short clip on You Tube but would love to see the whole segment.

I don't think Freak Like Me is a bad song at all. It's rather catchy. I found myself singing along to this tune. The performance, however, is a bit cringeworthy, but that's Broadway, all right :lol:

oh :hyper: thank you. Btw i`ve tried that proxy thing but it is`t working :| or then i don`t know how to use it properly :reject:

The acoustic version of STUCK off of 7 never really nailed it. I think that was one that they never finished tinkering. The definitive version of Stuck was at the BBC with Jo Wiley in October of 2000 IMHO.

There are slight variations for the 360 version.

Back
Top Bottom