Random Music Talk XXXVI: Not this time, Cobbler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Elfa's point about Cockrops and Your Jew Room, I think that "realistically" Who's Gonna Serve Your Wild Shuttles and Tryin' To Throw Your Cock Around The Court could easily have been played.

Also The Electric Co(ck) would have been easy for them as well.

I'd rather hear that than Shuttle Rain or AllPlays. Or The Cocks That Boned America. Or Electrical Serve.

I don't know what the shit you're talking about, but I probably agree. To be fair, though, I was definitely happier to hear "One Tree Hill" than I would have been to hear the song in question.

Shoutmeister, I'm listening to Miss Friedberger's album for the first time right now. Enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Also, laz and other may be interested/sad/overjoyed to hear that Chicago's own Q101 is shutting down, today, and shifting to a talk format, tomorrow. Stream the final hours, and remember what it was like to be young in the '90s and disgusted by the '00s:

Q101 :: Chicago's Alternative :: WKQX-FM :: Live Stream

Shit station now, but I hear it used to be great. I usually leave it on if they're playing Jimmy Eat World or somebody indietastic like Black Keys.

Hell yeah. Seeing her for $5, next week. Hoping that the album is under $20, so that I can stop having to stream it, but all new Fiery Furances-related releases suddenly became outrageously expensive, circa 2007. I am not too hopeful.

LOL! Now "Icky Thump" is playing. Like I said, "...disgusted by the '00s." By the time I'm done vomiting, maybe it'll be over...?

LOL! Now "Icky Thump" is playing. Like I said, "...disgusted by the '00s." By the time I'm done vomiting, maybe it'll be over...?

i clicked the link, heard that, and closed the page. with no sentimental attatchments to that particular station, i have no need to listen to exactly the same stuff our lameass local rock stations play.

I just want to know whether the last song they play will be "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Blister in the Sun," or "Head Like a Hole."

I heard her album and really liked it. It's languishing on my Amazon wish list, but I fully intend on buying it sometime soon.

it's going to be nirvana. or it will be something completely ridiculous like...like...staind or something.

i clicked the link, heard that, and closed the page. with no sentimental attatchments to that particular station, i have no need to listen to exactly the same stuff our lameass local rock stations play.

Your hatred of Chicago knows no bounds.

I heard her album and really liked it. It's languishing on my Amazon wish list, but I fully intend on buying it sometime soon.

Glad to hear it. I haven't never heard a song of hers, but will be seeing her open for Fleet Foxes next week. When I picked up the tickets last week, the girl at willcall mentioned how much she liked her.

Your hatred of Chicago knows no bounds.

you mean my hatred for shitty music knows no bounds. and actually, unlike yourself, i hold very little hate for 90s mainstream rock music overall, particularly grunge shit. although admitting nostalgia for the late 90s probably does nothing for anyone other than makes their age clear (which would probably be somewhere in the bracket of shut up, you're still a kid and damn, i feel old).

i'm good like that. i can loathe places i've never even been. bwhahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom