Post your random thoughts here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-That small area on the side of the neck, before it meets the jawline, is incredible.

-Making true and passionate love is one of the most incredible experiences in life

-Falling asleep with your arms around someone you love is another incredible experience in life

-I just had the most amazing weekend (see above
biggrin.gif
)

-I'm in love....I'm a believer...
smile.gif

------------------
Slow down my beating heart

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-07-2001).]

I'm sitting in my bedroom in my apartment with the window open. It was overcast most of the day and has been raining on and off. I'm on the 3rd floor, and a cool breeze is blowing in. It is overcast now, and about an hour ago, a beautiful light was coming through the window onto the bed and the wall, casting soft shadows. There were a lot of sparrows singing in the trees outside and I was listening to the 3rd song off of the first disc of Selected Ambient Works Volume 2 by Aphex Twin (one of my favorite songs). I can feel all of today's passionate endeavors settling around me now in lazy eddies of low light and discreet sound, slipping calmly through the spaces between the notes. Every stimulus is a fuzzy road leading to the hidden settlements in my room that cling to those soft shadows like benevolent mushrooms on a tree. Any second now, I expect to see a few small ships loaded down with exotic perfume and flowers from those low, dark clouds slowly and silently falling through my window and into my room, to gradually merge with the shadows on the floor, leaving me wishing I had someone here to share this feeling with.

I am lucky that I have had someone in the past to share a few of those moments with.

I am happy for Diemen.
smile.gif

My stream of consciousness failed to uncover some key details that would have helped make my above description much better, but I worry too much about those kinds of things... so nyeh!

I am jealous of Scatteroflight who is getting paid to write about reptiles.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 10-08-2001).]

Originally posted by travu2:

I am jealous of Scatteroflight who is getting paid to write about reptiles.
wink.gif

Don't be. It's at a grade 3 level. Check out this sample:

Certain things make reptiles different from other living creatures. They have dry skin with no hair. They usually have scales all over their bodies. Like many other kinds of animals, they are vertebrates. This means that they have backbones. Some reptiles can live in the water. Most of them live mainly on land. They breathe air using their lungs. They are also cold-blooded animals. This means that their body heat comes from the temperature of the place where they live. Most kinds of reptiles walk on four legs. Snakes do not have legs.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Apparently grade 3s need it this simple...

Now I'm writing about astronomy. Another topic I don't know a whole lot about. I feel like a fraud.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

Oh yeah...after tonight, I am pretty sure that a guy I met recently and who I am likely to see quite a lot of in the future likes me. And if that's the case, I'm happy about it, but I'm also freaking out. I don't know why I always freak out when a guy seems to like me. I'm working on figuring that out. (Not that it's really happened all that many times.)

confused.gif

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Don't be. It's at a grade 3 level. Check out this sample:

Certain things make reptiles different from other living creatures. They have dry skin with no hair. They usually have scales all over their bodies. Like many other kinds of animals, they are vertebrates. This means that they have backbones. Some reptiles can live in the water. Most of them live mainly on land. They breathe air using their lungs. They are also cold-blooded animals. This means that their body heat comes from the temperature of the place where they live. Most kinds of reptiles walk on four legs. Snakes do not have legs.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Apparently grade 3s need it this simple...

Yeah, I guess that's not very challenging, is it? Still, it sounds like a fun job. It must also be nice to know that you may ignite the spark that begins the career of some budding scientist.

Now I'm writing about astronomy. Another topic I don't know a whole lot about. I feel like a fraud.
biggrin.gif

he he.. There's no reason to feel like a fraud! I mean, these are simple facts that you are definitely qualified to write about.

- I went jogging yesterday evening for the first time in a while, and it felt really good. I began and ended my jog at a parking lot. When I finished, I walked around the rather large lot and was pleasantly surprised by a few nighthawks flying very low around the lights. I wrote a paper about them for an ornithology class I took a couple of years ago. They are so beautiful and mysterious.

- I also found a baby king snake last night in the same parking lot. I love snakes, and especially king snakes, so that was very cool.

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 10-08-2001).]

-I received the greatest compliment today that anyone has ever given me - I made someone happier than they have ever been before.

It doesn't get much better than that. *sigh*
smile.gif

[*] System Of A Down is a great band!
[*] This morning I had a discussion with two Jehova's witnesses. Nice people
smile.gif

[*] Shall I call her?

* My Tae Bow punches are getting really strong. I'm so tuff I could kick box a cushion across the lounge room. Look out, Sporty Spice.

* Today, in my suitcase, I discovered some little gifts I'd bought my Mum and my sister in teeny little Assisi whilst travelling. Id forgotten they were there.

*I feel physically ill about going back to restart a job I hate on Monday.

*I love my bedroom. I have things from all over the place and little nick nacks that make it a very special abode. Above my iron bed is a lilac shimmery material that hangs and soothes me to sleep.
I have ivy on the walls and a Commedia Delarte mask I bought in Venice sits next to a tiny print of a Georgian Door I picked up in Kinsale, Ireland.
But they are just as cool as this shooter glass I stole from a dinky pub in a country town in my state, called Wagga Wagga.
The pub is called The Muddy Duck.

* I keep trying so hard to go forward, but something keeps pulling me back. If I just knew what that was...

- I got the 100th reply of this thread!!!
biggrin.gif

- What should I wear in the school Halloween party??
- A lot of homework this week... Damn mathematics!

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
[*] System Of A Down is a great band!
[*] This morning I had a discussion with two Jehova's witnesses. Nice people
smile.gif

[*] Shall I call her?

-I'm a Jehovah's Witness. I should be out and about this morning. But I'm not, because I was exhausted this week and I have a lot of writing work to do at home. So what am I doing? Posting here.
rolleyes.gif
Glad you had a good conversation!

-Go ahead, call her.

-I really have to go to Europe next year.

-I'm going to the opera tonight! La Traviata. I've never been to a real opera before.

-I think he views Sting as competition. That suggests to me that he does like me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

-I received my prop tickets yesterday
biggrin.gif
. Nov 12th is going to be one of the greatest nights of my life (although Oct. 6th will be VERY hard to beat).

-I really wish I had a car

-I'd rather be in southern California right now

-I have use of a car all day today, and I'm actually considering just lounging around the house the entire day.

-I have a friend who flaked out on coming to visit me today, and I probably wouldn't have even known if I hadn't called her yesterday evening. I should've expected it.

-Overall, life is very good right now.
smile.gif

* I can't believe there's over a hundred posts to this thread

* I can't believe I read through all 100something posts in this thread

* I have a headache now due to the voices in my head

* So long, goodbye, thank you and goodnight.

-I have wet hair right now from the shower, and I know if I don't do anything with it soon it's gonna look like shit
tongue.gif

-I had my first pedicure today, now I think I'm going to have to have one every few weeks. (They're so relaxing!)

-I feel so much better today.
smile.gif

-I'm going to drink vodka tonight and watch U2 videos with friends in my honor (they are offering, not forced like usual! hehe).

-Elevation is in 2 days!!!!
cool.gif

-I am trying not to think about the suspension too much. Blargh.

-Or flying tomorrow.

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 10-13-2001).]

theres a candle burning in my room right now. the light is flickering a warm golden light as the flame playfully dances about. a flame dance. flame me. ouch. just burned my finger. damn candle. sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. like this burn on my finger. runs like a river runs to the sea. and the moon has turned red over one tree hill. ever see the moon turn red? i did once. i remember i was about 18. out and about on a saturday night. i was wearing these burgundy and black plaid pants i remember (they used to be cool)...we had gone to see this band play in a little warehouse-turned-club-for-the-night. but it was the weirdes thing--no one was watching the bands. everyone was outside watching the moon turn red over miami. it was one of those days. a lunar eclipse actually, not the end of the world. i was such a space cadette then. still am.

~ Dr. Teeth really does have lovely teeth. Congrats on your new relationship, and I hope you did call her.

~ I went birding today in a canyon only about a mile from my apartment. Every time I go out to do something like that I always hope that I will meet someone who shares my interests. Well, there was a woman about my age there who was painting in the shade of a bush. I passed her on the way up the trail and was hoping she would still be there when I came back down. She was, so I began a short conversation by asking if I could take a look at her painting. She said that she painted and drew a lot when she was little, but that college got in the way and now she was getting back into it. The same is true for me and I told her so. She seemed very nice and was quite attractive. I wish I would have talked with her a bit longer.

~ I jumped out of my window yesterday evening. There was a spherical boat waiting to catch me. It was made out of autumn leaves, sticks, spider webs, and a few vines. It began floating, carrying me safely away into the half-light. I passed along quiet streets and heard muffled laughter coming from backyards. The smell of barbecues was in the air and, for a little while, the scent of laundry soap was very strong.
Some wispy clouds on the horizon were a deep red when I saw the first bats erratically flying about as they tried to catch unseen insects. I was approaching the park, and I could see some nighthawks around the one tall light.
I suddenly turned off of the road and between 2 houses. I didn't think anyone could see me in the darkness out in the street, but now I was afraid. I saw a light in the kitchen window and could smell their dinner, but I passed between them undetected and into the safety of a dark wall of vegetation. I emerged in a narrow wash, gliding just above the smooth, pale sand. It was a lot cooler in the wash and I got the chills, but I didn't mind. Of course Halloween is approaching, and I admit I was a little worried about demons and wandering spirits as I passed through the darkness. However, I soon came out of the wash, across a street, and entered the safety of the empty park, where the little astronauts could watch over me. I got watery eyes at the sight of the autumn trees bathed in moonlight, fading into the distance.
The boat began slowing, and I soon saw why; my friend was there in her gray cloak, waiting for me in the tall grass. I never thought I would see her again. I jumped out and held her close, and then I kissed her softly. We both got into the boat together and, with my head on her shoulder, drifted away into the night.

Sorry for making that so long. I didn't think I would ramble on like that.

~ If anyone wants to meet me in my dreams tonight and have an adventure, just climb up to the top of a mountain peak (just a small ridge will do.. and if there are no mountains around you, just go to a park), and bring a small radio with you. Arrange some sticks on the ground so that they spell out my name and then smash the radio with a rock. Remove the circuit board, attach it with wires to the "T" while thinking about meeting me, and then completely forget about it and go to sleep. I'll see you there! We'll have fun!!

-I absolutely hate doing any work past 10 PM. It goes against my principles. But tonight I have to. I will probably be working till 11:30 at least. LIke I haven't been tired and stressed enough this week. Whine, moan, groan.

-Travu2 probably has the most beautiful random thoughts I have ever read.

-I think travu2 should post some more poems in Dream Out Loud. NOW!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 10-14-2001).]

-God bless cheap train fares
biggrin.gif

-I can't wait until this Friday

-I need a car

-The job market sucks up here

-This coming weekend is going to be fantastic.

-I think it's safe to say I'm smitten.
smile.gif

------------------
Slow down my beating heart
-me-

- I hate maths.
- I can't watch Video CD on my computer...
- Ice-cream is delicious.
- So does chocolate.
- What's that smell??? Oops... someone burnt their food.
- I want to sleep. But I can't.

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 10-15-2001).]

I just cut my hair yesterday really short, like right where my ear ends and it was as long as 7 inches beneath my shoulder...I don't like to look the same ever...I like to change
smile.gif

I can't wait for elevation tour to see if this time I actually get to touch Larry, and get his drumstick
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

This seems to be one of the best threads to post on-no 'inside' jokes or fighting...

*I feel like I'm living in some sort of bizarro world-ie. anthrax, et al*

*I wish I could get some plastic surgery*

*I wish I could touch Larry's chest*

*I feel completely insignificant*

*I wish Edge would call me*

*I think men (no flames pls-just SOME, not ALL) are pond scum*

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
my car's battery is dead
i love my car
I like my car too
but - by now - my repair man probably likes it even more

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Let's see...

*For some weird reason i can't stop listening to a song called Carmen Queasy (Maxim & Skin)

*Last night i had a horrible headache and i thought i was going to die ( No kidding...:p)

*I have a mid-term this afternoon and i have barely studied!

*Next week i'm gonna meet the guys of a really cool Spanish band called Estopa...A friend from college is taking me to the show and then we are gonna have dinner with them! Yay! I can't wait!(The singer is HOT!) (No, and i'm not a groupie!)LOL

*I love my work (Congratulations Koffi Annan for the Nobel peace Prize!)

*I think i'm in love...Umm....no,it's not love...I think it's lust! LOL

*I might go to America and Canada next year...I really need a break from school!

*what else?....hmmmmmmm......Yes.......I LOVE U2!

*Flavia*

- Life's little ironies sneak up on you, don't they?

- When it rains, it pours, in good ways and bad.

- At what point in your life do you have to decide what you want to do when you grow up?

- Are all parents psychic, or just mine?

- My parents have stopped being athority figures and are suddenly the best friends I've ever had. And they were RIGHT about EVERYTHING when I was younger.

------------------
The course of true love never did run smooth.-MSND, Ii

Back
Top Bottom