Photographer's Union Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really cool. I can't do that or even take a decent moon pic in my yard b/c of light pollution, especially in the winter when the trees are bare. There's a huge mall behind our house and it has lights like stadium lights in the parking lot. :huh:

I'm going to try later this summer at the cottage, absolutely NO light pollution out there in the middle of nowhere and we always watch shooting stars from the dock.

I can get some nice moon stuff, this was the partial lunar eclipse a few weeks ago

4734944107_f4744db0a1_z.jpg

or some high (ISO 12880 !) stars too

4751863710_64629439d6_z.jpg

If you're keen to try long startrails,make sure you know where your hemisphere's celestial pole is to get the best effect :)

Hey Justin, finally checked out that Wondercamera video. Pretty cool. Sort of similar to how single frames can be taken from the RedOne video, but to the nth degree. I cant really see it having that much impact in the commercial world; seems to be more fitting to what everyday people would want in their cameras. Theres so much previsualization with ad/editorial/fine art that all the extra information would be superfluous. I dont know how it would work with strobes, either. Not to mention, having everything in focus is not very desirable. Still, cool technology and I could see sports photographers finding a lot of use in it

Nice astro shots.

A pre-sunrise shot from the Outer Banks, NC. Have some more to download as well.

PRESUN6.jpg

^Basically, tripod, long exposure, filter(s). Decided to make that one a bit darker in PS.
I haven't had much time yet for post processing.

A couple more from the beach:

SR1.jpg

PIER.jpg

DUNES.jpg

Man all these photos are great. Jive I agree, I wouldn't have much use for it. Cool none the less.

Nice astro shots.

A pre-sunrise shot from the Outer Banks, NC. Have some more to download as well.

PRESUN6.jpg

<------ Is a native North Carolinian and has never been to the Outer Banks. :reject: :sad:

Beautiful shots, again, ntalwar. What season were these taken? (I don't notice any of the humidity haziness that I'd expect during the summer.)

I really should make the effort myself to get up extra early sometime & do some sunrise shots here locally. I live no more than about 25 minutes from 4 or 5 different beaches. :up:

Beautiful shots, again, ntalwar. What season were these taken? (I don't notice any of the humidity haziness that I'd expect during the summer.)

I really should make the effort myself to get up extra early sometime & do some sunrise shots here locally. I live no more than about 25 minutes from 4 or 5 different beaches. :up:

Thanks. I took these on Wednesday, when it was overcast much of the day (and a storm front moved in later that afternoon). That half hour around sunset is magical - the rest of the day is downhill (on the muggy days). It was less hazy at that hour. It helped that I was staying right there on the beach. I wanted to get some sunset shots on the sound side, but didn't get a chance to. Sometimes the haze actually enhances the sunrises/sunsets (the sun can be better defined). I took the shot with the dunes after the bridge that goes down to Cape Hatteras.

Took this long exposure last weekend. Taken in the Presidio in San Francisco, CA.

Wow, I go on a couple of months' hiatus and there's a new thread, excellent!

Anyhow, a couple of photos from the Mekong Delta, which I travelled down recently.

4804985668_4e6c6c9f21.jpg

4804358283_83c11acc2f.jpg

4804988116_eb7eca6bfe.jpg

4804343957_e171e13d59.jpg

For those interested or curious, these were all taken with a Pentax Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8, an old old manual focus lens which I reckon is easier to use and more accurate than anything Canon are currently offering in the 50mm range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom