Oh jeez...Report: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt expecting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some liked it

on RottenTomatoes

60% and above is fresh

below 60% is rotten

this film rated 61%

they each have much higher rated films

I hope their baby is fresher than 61%:wink:

http://www.filmstew.com/Content/Article.asp?ContentID=13203&Pg=1

A source close to the negotiations that helped People land the scoop, and who spoke to FilmStew on condition of anonymity, disclosed that it was Jolie herself who arranged for the photograph to be taken and published by People. With rumors of her pregnant status beginning to circulate rather widely at the beginning of January, Jolie decided to take matters into her own hands.

The actress phoned musician Wyclef Jean, a native of Haiti, where Jolie is currently filming The Good Shepherd. He in turn he phoned a friend at People and ultimately negotiated a deal with an editor of the magazine: People would receive a photograph for publication that would show Jolie to be conclusively pregnant and, in return, People would pay $600,000 for the photo by making a check out to Yéle Haiti, a charitable organization founded by Jean and “intended to empower the people of Haiti and the Haitian diaspora to rebuild their nation.”

The photo was taken by a non-professional with a point-and-shoot camera, precisely at the moment that Jolie had pre-determined.

The reality of the entire situation is that Jolie knew that at some point someone, most likely a well known member of the paparazzi, would wind up snapping a picture of her that would reveal her pregnant status. Nobody would argue that. Rather then enriching a photographer associated with one of the most reviled forms of journalism, Jolie figured out a way to privately and discretely orchestrate the release of her first “pregnant picture” and in the process make a small fortune for a worthy cause.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Rather then enriching a photographer associated with one of the most reviled forms of journalism, Jolie figured out a way to privately and discretely orchestrate the release of her first “pregnant picture” and in the process make a small fortune for a worthy cause.

That is actually kind of sweet. :up:

just came across this article @ http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ne/20060206/113923800012.html

AS THEY PREPARED FOR THEIR SECRET WEDDING, BRAD AND ANGELINA HAD THEIR FIRST BUST-UP!
Monday February 6, 2006

By MICHAEL GLYNN

Brad Pitt walked out on pregnant Angelina Jolie to spend the evening with another woman — sparking the couple's first major bust-up in the countdown to their wedding.

The sick Tomb Raider beauty was left behind in a hotel room with their kids while Brad partied with British screen siren Patsy Kensit until the early hours.

Sources say Angelina, 30, was furious that he left her alone for more than four hours so soon after an exhausting transatlantic flight. She was stone-faced as she left the five-star Claridges hotel with Brad the next morning to fly to Switzerland to speak at the World Economic Forum.

And Brad, 42, appeared to be wearing the same clothes he had on the previous night!

------

makes me wonder if he's getting bored already.

Where'sTheLove said:
just came across this article @ http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ne/20060206/113923800012.html

AS THEY PREPARED FOR THEIR SECRET WEDDING, BRAD AND ANGELINA HAD THEIR FIRST BUST-UP!
Monday February 6, 2006

By MICHAEL GLYNN

Brad Pitt walked out on pregnant Angelina Jolie to spend the evening with another woman — sparking the couple's first major bust-up in the countdown to their wedding.

The sick Tomb Raider beauty was left behind in a hotel room with their kids while Brad partied with British screen siren Patsy Kensit until the early hours.

Sources say Angelina, 30, was furious that he left her alone for more than four hours so soon after an exhausting transatlantic flight. She was stone-faced as she left the five-star Claridges hotel with Brad the next morning to fly to Switzerland to speak at the World Economic Forum.

And Brad, 42, appeared to be wearing the same clothes he had on the previous night!

------

makes me wonder if he's getting bored already.

I bet that's just a publicity stunt to lose his "whipped" image.

Maybe it'll last longer than his will when he gets tired of CZJ or when she turns 40, whichever comes first

Movie superstar Michael Douglas is baffled by Brad Pitt's love for Angelina Jolie, insisting their relationship won't last.

The Fatal Attraction actor is a huge fan of Pitt's ex-wife Jennifer Aniston and is horrified by the heart-throb's defection.

And he struggles to understand Pitt's desire to take on Jolie's two adopted children Maddox and Zahara Marley, when he could have started his own family with the former Friends actress.

He tells America's GQ magazine, "I don't know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful woman to go hold orphans for Angelina. I mean how long is that going to last?"

:crack: i don't think michael douglas is one to talk about marriages. aaaaanyway...

MrsSpringsteen said:
And he struggles to understand Pitt's desire to take on Jolie's two adopted children Maddox and Zahara Marley, when he could have started his own family with the former Friends actress.
except jennifer aniston kept signing on to do five movies at a time, which kinda tells your hubby "i don't want kids!"

we'll never really know what went on behind closed doors with brad and jennifer's marriage, but i'm getting awfully sick of seeing magazine covers with "how jen is coping!" and the like. oh please, she seems to be coping just fine. she's got herself a new boyfriend and seems to have moved on. and unless this is all just a huge charade and she cries herself to sleep every night, it appears she's moved on just fine, and she doesn't need michael douglas sticking up for her saying brad should've stuck around for a few more years until jennifer got sick of doing 3-5 movies at a time and decided she could have kids now.

she we start placing bets yet?

I like Michael Douglas, but I'm surprised he came out and said anything regarding Anniston, Pitt, and Jolie. He's apparently not close personal friends with them or he wouldn't be opening his mouth, right? And if he were, why would he say anything? Especially being a celebrity and trying to have some semblance of privacy in this day and age. :shrug:

I think he's just desperate to be in the news, either that or it's early senility :wink: He also has a movie coming out this year after three years of having none, maybe that has something to do with it

"The 61-year-old Douglas also took swipes at actresses Renee Zellweger and Julia Roberts: "I mean, don't ask me what happened with Renee Zellweger. I don't know how you get married for four months. And Julia with Lyle."

Zellweger annulled her four-month marriage to country singer Kenny Chesney last fall, while Roberts divorced singer-songwriter Lyle Lovett in 1995 after a two-year marriage.

As for his marriage to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, Douglas says he's "been fortunate. You learn to respect something of value and nurture it and treat it well."

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I think he's just desperate to be in the news, either that or it's early senility :wink: He also has a movie coming out this year after three years of having none, maybe that has something to do with it

"The 61-year-old Douglas also took swipes at actresses Renee Zellweger and Julia Roberts: "I mean, don't ask me what happened with Renee Zellweger. I don't know how you get married for four months. And Julia with Lyle."

Zellweger annulled her four-month marriage to country singer Kenny Chesney last fall, while Roberts divorced singer-songwriter Lyle Lovett in 1995 after a two-year marriage.

As for his marriage to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, Douglas says he's "been fortunate. You learn to respect something of value and nurture it and treat it well."

Maybe he should mind his own business and not bash people? He's done some pretty screwed up stuff too. :shrug:

(Reuters) CERNOBBIO, Italy - Rumors that Hollywood sweethearts Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt could marry on the shores of Lake Como this weekend have transformed even quiet Italian villagers into star-struck gossip fans.

The weeks-long speculation centers on the lakeside villa of Pitt’s friend and fellow actor George Clooney, where the couple are expected to arrive on Thursday or Friday, and the nearby luxury hotel of Villa d’Este, once a romantic hideaway for stars such as Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra.

“We don’t have any bookings under their or their agents’ names, maybe because it will be an intimate celebration,” said Villa d’Este spokeswoman Antonella Chiesa.

“In any case we’re ready to stage a wedding ceremony,” she said, sitting on the veranda the hotel transforms into a white flower-and-candlelight extravaganza for celebrity weddings.

Pitt and Jolie have not announced any wedding plans.

George Clooney spent last summer on Lake Como and reportedly regularly sipped an aperitivo at Villa d’Este. He also staged a party there when he and Pitt filmed blockbuster Oceans Twelve.

Little action was happening on Thursday at the actor’s cream-colored villa at Laglio, a sleepy hamlet nestled between the lake and surrounding deep green hills.

The lights were out and some of the window shutters closed, and only brand new metal screens protecting the adjacent park against nosy onlookers hinted that something was in the works.

Small groups of people with notebooks and television cameras trotted along the country lanes connecting Cernobbio and Laglio, looking slightly lost, while some journalists cruised the lake on motorboats to get a better view of Clooney’s summer home.

A janitor at the villa said Clooney was not there and that he didn’t know of any wedding.

Some speculate that local tourism operators invented the wedding Rumors to fill up hotel rooms. But three elderly men having an early glass of wine in a bar down the road were convinced there was more to it.

“They are cleaning the village and tidying up everything, something is going to happen,” said Andrea, who declined to give his surname.

“I haven’t been invited anyway. Have you?” his friend Antonio asked him, prompting a round of laughter in the bar.

CERNOBBIO, Italy (AP) -- The main thing missing from the much-rumored wedding between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie was the bride and groom.

Still, officials held out hope that the couple would show up this weekend to tie the knot in this Lake Como retreat, a favorite getaway for the rich and famous.

Cernobbio Mayor Simona Saladini said she was told Saturday to remain on standby for possible official functions into the evening.

Saladini also said police in the area were placed on alert and a private firm had increased security around a villa owned by George Clooney -- a friend of the Hollywood couple.

Speculation about an impending wedding at the lake was rife last year, but quickly fizzled after Clooney denied his friends were scheduled to marry at his villa. It resurfaced this week, with Saturday mentioned as a possible date.

Jolie -- who starred with Pitt in the 2005 film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" -- is expecting his child this summer. Pitt and Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall. Publicists for Clooney and Pitt have declined to comment on the wedding rumors.

Saladini declined to say who had told her to remain on standby or to identify the private security company.

"I have been mayor since 2003 and they would be the most famous couple" to be married here, Saladini told The Associated Press as she had her hair done Saturday morning.

Saladini performed at least one wedding Saturday, the marriage of an older couple at city hall.

But by evening, with no wedding in view, the mayor and other town officials were calling it a very long day.

"We are at the end of our rope," said Giuseppe Salvioni, a spokesman for the town, referring to himself and the mayor. "Let's say we are packing it in" and heading home.

Residents seized the opportunity to have some fun with the journalists who descended on this romantic lakeside tourist town.

Two men created a stir by dressing up as the famous couple, calling each other "Brad" and "Angelina" and kissing passionately on the main drag near the lake.

A Clooney lookalike also was on hand, displaying a photo in his wallet of himself posing with the star.

"They were talking about it (on the news) this morning, so I came to take a look," said Giuseppe Gregorio, who said he stood in for Clooney for lighting tests during the filming of "Ocean's 12" in nearby Villa Erba.

That neoclassical villa, which had been home to the late Italian aristocrat and movie director Luchino Visconti and is now owned by the town and provincial governments, had been mentioned as a possible site for the wedding.

The mayor's spokesman happily gave journalists a tour of the estate, but no evidence of pending nuptials could be detected. The only action under way was the installation of a new bathroom.

In the nearby town of Laglio, where Clooney keeps his Villa Oleandra, Mayor Giuseppe Mantero played down the rumors, saying construction projects on the estate made any wedding there virtually impossible.

Another possible location for the wedding was Cernobbio's famous luxury resort, Villa D'Este, which often hosts stars and international conventions. But all was quiet there Saturday and officials repeated previous claims they knew nothing of a possible wedding.

Hotel spokeswoman Antonella Chiesa said Pitt's and Jolie's agents had contacted the hotel a few months ago "but then we don't know what happened. It ended in nothing."

Meanwhile, photographers camped out in Paris in front of an apartment where Jolie has stayed in the past, convinced she was in the French capital. There was no word about Pitt's whereabouts.

i read about that yesterday. what i did not see in the article until now was:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Two men created a stir by dressing up as the famous couple, calling each other "Brad" and "Angelina" and kissing passionately on the main drag near the lake.

A Clooney lookalike also was on hand, displaying a photo in his wallet of himself posing with the star.
:huh: :coocoo:

people.com

Michael Douglas is now saying he was misquoted by a magazine that said he made inflammatory remarks about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

"I don't know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife to go hold orphans for Angelina," Douglas, referring to Jennifer Aniston, is quoted as saying in the current GQ magazine. "I mean, how long is that going to last?"

However Douglas says he never uttered those statements. Douglas tells TV's Extra: "It was a lengthy article … must've been 20 hours of tape recording, so I asked to hear the tape recording, and the reporter said, 'Well, I turned the tape recorder off.' And I said, 'Well you had it on for the whole time so I didn't say it.'"

Douglas, who is promoting his new movie The Sentinel, also says he dispatched a personal apology to Pitt and Jolie.

"I consider him a good friend," Douglas says, "and she does wonderful work for the United Nations, which is what I'm also involved in ...There's just a lot of pressure on the print media and they get to kind of exploitative quotes to try to attract people for their circulation, so it was unfortunate."

I heard a tidbit of Brad and Angelina on the news this weekend but the TV was in the other room. Something about them having packed up and were moving out, I imagine their Paris dogs? Did anyone hear this?

Back
Top Bottom