Name My Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, we're 3 1/2 months pregnant. Woo-hoo! And already the naming thing is killing me. How do you come up with a name that someone will love for a lifetime? Especially when Mrs. Utoo has already nixed 'Bono' and 'Blue Angel?'

So, I'm opening it up to my fellow Interferencers. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl---won't find out for a month and a half---so all names are currently welcome!

Fine Print:
Names may be subject to ridicule---the same mockery any kid would face on a 2nd grade playground--so beware. :wink:

:D

congrats!!

no names for you, although I do like Grace, Siobhan and Eve.
and Rory for either. I guess I do have names after all!

Vladimir. I'll give you $100* if you do it.

*Disclaimer: not a promise. May come in the form of Monopoly money.

I'm a poor resource since we only considered Jewish names for our kids, but the Social Security Administration's 'baby names' database tracks the 1000 most popular baby names all the way from 1879 to the present. Might be a helpful source of ideas--either for the names lots of other cool parents are choosing, or else for making sure to avoid unwittingly giving your kid what turns out to be an uber-trendy name!

And congratulations! :up:

My faves...

Girl -
Maaike (micah)
Jordan
Petra
Ann Marie
Camille
Grace

Boy -
Kees (case)
Schuilar (skylar)
Tyler
Aubrey (yup that is a boy's name)

Yeah, I like weird names :wink:

I don't really have any suggestions except for saying, don't give a common name a really stupid spelling - like Chone for Shawn.

U2Girl1978 said:
Congrats!

Girl names:
Sonia
Madeleine
Kayla

Boy names:
Noah
Jeremy
Mark

Hey, its my name! (Madeleine) I've never seen anyone actually spell it that way normally! :giggle:

Congrats Utoo :hug:

Girls:

Sienna
Emma
Jenna
Carly
Raquel
Sammie

Boys:

Will
Chris
Johnny
Paul :wink:
Ben
Damien

LemonMacPhisto said:

:lmao:

JERRY: Seven? Yeah, I guess I could see it. Seven. Seven periods of school, seven beatings a day. Roughly seven stitches a beating, and eventually seven years to life. Yeah, you're doing that child quite a service.

GEORGE: (adamant) Yes I am. I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven.

alexander6.jpg

I think I just ruled out George for you :giggle:

Do we get any information about you, your wife, etc., or are we just picking names we like personally? If it's the latter, I'd say Madeleine (I'm biased :wink:) , Emma, Nicole. Those are the 3 names we came up with for a girl. I think the only boys name we came up with was Nate. And the first letter of the names had some significance (Jewish heritage), though it could have been used for middle names too.

Congratulations again!
champagne.gif

Back
Top Bottom