MERGED--> Google Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Wanna know how dangerous that site is???? I ran several local West Coast locations and all of the images remained blurred...but when I ran the White House, Pentagon, The Capital....you could see everything, every road, every exit, every ingree/egress to the area....I don't think the Taliban or other State's enemy knows of Google-Earth.....:mad:

It's all stuff that has been readily and easily available to the public for a long time though, just not put together in such a cool (and addictive) way.

Here's a good site...

www.googlesightseeing.com

timothius said:
The lack of quality mapping outside of America and major centres of Europe frustrate me...

Still with time it will be a brilliant program. :up:

:hmm:....me thinks google earth is turning into a U2 tour! :ohmy:

Earnie Shavers said:

It's all stuff that has been readily and easily available to the public for a long time though, just not put together in such a cool (and addictive) way.

Here's a good site...

www.googlesightseeing.com

Yeah, I agree; I just hate the fact that we've wrapped it up and gifted it to anyone who wants it...I did check out that "sightseeing" area...pretty cool stuff. I've been using the Google-Earth to obtain intersection photos here in SoCA.

Matter of fact, a tip of the hat to Google Earth for an aerial view of Riverside County; I was working on a horse-riding accident that the rider claimed happend on our Insured's property but the aerial view shows clearly that the fall happened on government land east of the residence....:up:

Dad and I downloaded this while I visited him last weekend, and we had such a blast with it. I think he's addicted! :lol:

My house was built earlier this year, so you can't see it. My entire street is pretty empty, since it's all newer houses.

spiderman7tj.jpg

"we are starting to rely on Google for our view of the world. I don't know what that means yet but I do know that it's very important" - David Sonnen

:eyebrow:

foray

I have this program for a long time and I love it... But I´m sad, because I can´t find my house:sad: But pix of Nice etc are beatiful:wink:

Google Earth...oh, glorious Google Earth :drool:

I love crazily spinning the globe and pretending the world is ending...I'm a sicko. The weird thing for me, is how some places are much clearer than others, in terms of resolution. For example, my province, Newfoundland and Labrador, is not as clear as the nearby French territory of St. Pierre & Miquelon. I'm thinking conspiracy. :eyebrow:

A computer geek friend of mine introduced me to Google Earth several months ago. :up: I find it terribly cool & amazingly creepy all at the same time - kind of like my friend. :giggle:

I don't either, it seems to be just like google maps... and though I haven't downloaded google earth (finals are nearing and I'm avoiding the distraction) I had the impression that it was way neater than google maps.

Sorry Mr. BAW, but the Windows Live Local thing is bush league compared to Google Earth...

Unless I'm missing some amazing feature that is... :hmm:

briarrose said:
I tried to find Bono's house. :reject:

Found it yet?

:whistle:

google earth is cool. my town is on there but it isn't a clear image :(
i've been using it for driving directions for when i go away in a few weeks.

Last edited:
That's the point I was driving at, the clarity of the images and the ability to move the satellite photos in each of the 4 directions; that, plus the block of photos let's you pick adjoining photos making printing easier...

I had high expectations that you might see the differences; sorry for the interruption....:shrug:

I find window live to be very good.And it's true Mr Baw you can move it in each of the four directions.:yes:

Google Earth

Anyone else try Google Earth? Its basically satellite pictures of the entire planet from space. You can zoom in on any part of the globe you want to. I went over to Bono's house this afternoon!:wink: It gives you the elevation of any point on the planet as well. I also climbed up Mount Brandon in County Kerry!

Go here and take a look at your house:

http://earth.google.com/

Excuse me, people. It seems Google Earth has misplaced the Great Wall of China. It is many miles long, wide enough to drive a car along, and weaves it's way through China.

If anyone has seen it, please inform google.

And tell me why no one seems to care!!!!!!! It's missing! It's hardly unnoticable!
:scream:

Back
Top Bottom