Favorite Beatle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's your Favorite Beatle?

• Paul, master of cheesiness

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • John, idealism and cynicism all in one long haired package

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • George, the underappreciated yet extremely talented guitar player

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Ringo, he even looks like an octopus!

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i understand. well, creed gets slammed a lot too. oh wait, that's cause they do suck. :silent:

The only reason Creed sucks so bad is that their success mirrors that of U2 back in 87 and some people can't handle that. While they are no U2, and their current album(s) are not the quality of My Own Prison, they do not suck IMHO. Not as bad as everyone thinks they do. They are better than 90% of the shit(e) that sucks up the radio nowadays.

ANd I tried to vote (for Paul because he shares my birthday) but it kept telling me my session was invalid as usual. Well I am still here so it must not be too invalid.

And I had the least amount of love for George, RIP. John had the best work for any of them post Beatles.

senrab said:
John.

17.jpg

Have the disliking-Beatles people actually listened to any of their albums and given them a shot?

Paul - because i love his songs best. And he was a cutie back in the day. :)

And i wish that once and for all the "John WAS the Beatles" attitude would die. It was both John and Paul that are equally to deserve credit musically, while all 4 deserve credit for charisma.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

And i wish that once and for all the "John WAS the Beatles" attitude would die. It was both John and Paul that are equally to deserve credit musically, while all 4 deserve credit for charisma.

I agree. I'll always love John more, just because I will, but you can't deny Paul's genius and the fact that it was the four of them as a group, as well as each of them individually, that made The Beatles a great band. They were more than the some of their incredibly talented parts.

I think many people's opinions are tainted by recent events. I mean, John will always be loved b/c of his untimely death. Now, the same for George. Paul's ratings would have been higher around the time that he lost Linda, but now that he's remarried.....

And Ringo. Well, RIngo's ringo's ringo. Not much can change that.

Last edited:
John.

Paul bugs me for some reason. And his solo stuff is so shite it's difficult to take him seriously.

George pissed me off with his "we were the only band that mattered, bands (including U2) are so arrogant and derivative these days, they'll never be rememered in 30 years time" rubbish.

And Ringo, well he was ok i guess.

P.S. Sorry if this offended anyone. That's just what i think.
:)

LuvLady said:
George pissed me off with his "we were the only band that mattered, bands (including U2) are so arrogant and derivative these days, they'll never be rememered in 30 years time" rubbish.
yeah. it's one of the things that makes me not really be able to like the beatles, was some of the members' egos. i remember when george made that statement in like 1997 or 1998, comparing U2 to the spice girls. even though i was a fan of both bands, i really didn't see how they were even in the same category. you had U2, who'd already been around for 20 years, and the spice girls, who'd been around for about two. U2 were already 2/3 of the way to being remembered in 30 years. i just wish george had lived long enough to see U2 inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.

Back
Top Bottom