Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Howl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
Anyone pick up this great album? Totally different than their previous work.

I can't stop listening to it.

I think I am going to Sufjan in Philly.

Have you lined up your BRMC interview yet Joe? I met the bassist last time they were in Chicago. They had to be nice to the audience...they kinda screwed us.

Not yet mate, though I did one with OK Go the other day, you should see the final product soon enough. As for BRMC, they are likely out of my league.

U2ME3 said:
Anyone pick up this great album? Totally different than their previous work.

I can't stop listening to it.

Very good album. Nice left turn for them. Soulful.

Who ever thought a band named Black Rebel Motorcycle Club would be singing about Jesus?

i still haven't managed to get through the album without getting bored and listening to something else.

I'm really loving this album. At first, I was pretty thrown back by how different it was, but now I think it was a great move. It brings a lot of depth and variety to the album that their previous 2 didn't have.

The White Stripes went a similar direction with their latest album, but I actually think BRMC have done a better job with the style. Also, with both of these albums, you have to listen a few times before you really can get into them. It's been worth the time in both cases though :)

SkeeK said:
i still haven't managed to get through the album without getting bored and listening to something else.
same here.

although, at the moment, i'm too obsessed with the new bss to listen to anything properly.

Bono's shades said:
I think BRMC made the jump from being just another good band to a great band with his album.

:up: The whole "soul" thing is tough territory. And they've pulled it off.

I'd imagine this record will chase away alot of their black wearing, mopey, funny hair-cut fans.

I just noticed the typo in my earlier post. I do realize BRMC are actually more than one person. :wink:

It is nice to see a young band try something different besides yet another rehash of 1980s post-punk. And I'm a big fan of 1980s post-punk.

zonelistener said:

Have you lined up your BRMC interview yet Joe? I met the bassist last time they were in Chicago. They had to be nice to the audience...they kinda screwed us.

Ive lined it up now....stay tuned.

:wink:

I finally found a record store that has it the other day. Right now Sympathetic Noose is my fave but there's lots of great stuff here.

Anyone elso notice how much Gospel Song sounds like Love Rescue Me?

I'm obsessed with this album. It's just so damn beautiful. :sad: :sigh: I can't stop listening to it all these months later.

Met the guys though - really sweet. :heart:

Fantastic album, really satisfying to listen to, with great tunes all the way through. I would disagree on the second album though, that was filled with excellent songs, its just that the tunes didn't gel, and the production wasn't as good either, to me.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Fantastic album, really satisfying to listen to, with great tunes all the way through. I would disagree on the second album though, that was filled with excellent songs, its just that the tunes didn't gel, and the production wasn't as good either, to me.

Yeah, I love the second album too, 'Shade of Blue' is one of my favourites songs ever...

Whatever happened to my rock n roll?:wink:

Just listen to Howl:drool:

I'm a bit late to the bandwagon but just got into BRMC a few weeks back and Howl is officially one of my favourite ever albums now:D

^haha...I tried to promote Howl a biton the Killers board, but they seem to have a different opinion on the album...they love BRMC's first two but hate Howl:eyebrow:

LJT said:
^haha...I tried to promote Howl a biton the Killers board, but they seem to have a different opinion on the album...they love BRMC's first two but hate Howl:eyebrow:

That's so ironic, it's verging on hilarity.

Anyone here listen to the promo ep for the Howl sessions...has 6 pretty good songs on it...They all could have made the album in my opinion...Mercy and Steal A Ride being particular favourites.

Back
Top Bottom