Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread should have been titled Arcade Fire With A Vengeance.

Yeah, but if you keep going in that direction, the titles for threads four and five wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Live Free Or Arcade Fire?

A Good Day To Arcade Fire?

:wink:

Review of the salsatheque concert:

1st Reflektor (we all know that one)
2nd (sounds like futuristic REM with nice guitar)
3rd (Billie Jean? Still sounds different enough to be good)
4th (50's guitar rock. Get back Beatles? Pink Floyd disco beat? Sounds like a soundtrack at the end.)
5th (80's soft rock.)
6th (80's synths, similar to OMD. Ok but the least good, though bad sound quality)
7th (80's disco dance beat, Cut Copy style, "after life"?, good melody but I need the record and lyrics to get an assessment of what I think of it)
8th (Latin beat and synths, nice piano hook "here comes the night time". The piano melody sounds nice now but I'm not sure if I'll get annoyed by it later on because it repeats so much. Some of it sounds like The Cure Close to me at the end)

Of the bunch I like Reflektor best but that could be because the sound is so muddy. This is definitely the change I was looking for. Bands should change every 3 albums before boredom sets in.

Did anyone pick up the Reflektor single on vinyl? I saw it at a record shop today for $12. The sleeve design was pretty dope, all shiny and whatnot. But I wasn't gonna put down the scratch without knowing what the B-side was. The sleeve was just a cryptic rendering of the song lyrics. Friggin' Reflektors.

Looks like that whole lack of vinyl in NYC was false. Picked a copy of the single up at Kim's Video and Music in Manhattan. There are still a copy copies left for any New York fans looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom