Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me with this particular song it's all perception. This song doesn't sound like Arcade Fire. I don't mind when people try new things, however it bugs me when the producer seems to overtake the artist. Therefore if the song was by anyone else I would probably like it a great deal, however, because it's Arcade Fire I find myself struggling to enjoy it.

I don't think the song sounds that much like Murphy. You're kind of treating it like it's a Sound of Silver outtake.

Awful Sound has got to be the worst song title ever.

And I also agree with Laz on the use of classical mythology.

I caved and preordered from the AF site. $10 for presale access seemed to be a good deal.

I caved and preordered from the AF site. $10 for presale access seemed to be a good deal.

This was my thought too. This band is about to get an insane amount of exposure. More than their previous releases. And it's gone way beyond something just the hip kids listen to. The ticket demand will be there.

I don't think the song sounds that much like Murphy. You're kind of treating it like it's a Sound of Silver outtake.

It's got a Murphy groove for sure, but it's still an Arcade Fire song.

Basically, for me, the groove overtakes everything, though, because, let's not pretend that the song isn't a (very out of character) 7 minute long dance song. The repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated chorus is very typical of such a genre and again, isn't something I'm thrilled to hear from them, as I value their lyrics.

The repeated chorus (or the song title if you will) isn't something new to Arcade Fire. Rococo, We Used to Wait and No Cars Go come to mind.

That's a shit song anyway. But I didn't say they never did do that. Arcade Fire made a habit out of it, and it can get quite annoying. Rococo being the main offender.

Yeah. And it was awfully repetitive and woefully boring, regardless of the energy they bring to the track. That "chorus" is beyond annoying.

Man. I cannot disagree more. I get where you're coming from, but I was soaking wet with sweat once it finished. Thank god it closed the main set.

POW! POW POW POW POW! POW!

POW POW POW POW POW POW POW
POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW!

pow

bart-zap.gif

Me too, but I'm sure someone will use that as a counter-argument for why it's so impossible that I not like a particular song.

Song's overrated, but then I thought Suburbs was awesome and didn't need them to change. It's fun but I hope it isn't representative of the rest of the album.

I just watched an episode of Friends that had Interpol's Untitled in it. I watched Friends as it aired and obviously the song did nothing for me at the time. I was an idiot.

Watching Friends is far more disturbing than not recognizing a great song.

Back
Top Bottom