2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Hawks were ever really a chance for this year's flag, and this just proves it. Whether because they get too confident, or Geelong's just got their number, or the wind is in the wrong direction or the stars are in the wrong alignment, they are just bafflingly inconsistent and unpredictable.

I think the word "premiership favourite" should be banned until some team is 40,000 points up with 10 seconds to go in the grand final.

Hawks back into it now, with all the momentum at half time ...

I think the word "premiership favourite" should be banned until some team is 40,000 points up with 10 seconds to go in the grand final.

x2, especially this year.

Oh god, you've just reminded me that I heard Ugly Dave Grey reading from Fifty Shades on the radio. *pours bleach into ears*

And further more: *bites knuckles*

Oh my god! I can't believe the Hawks have managed to get in front.

These last few minutes will be INSANE.

CARN HAWKS CAAARN.

Cats win after the siren! (My tips say "goddamnit!")

WHAT A GAME.

SHIT!!!

Crap, it's over? Damn you thescore.com.au.

Poo. :(

Edit: I actually didn't realise I'd used three different excrement words.

Hats off to the Cats, they played amazingly, from what I saw. Our position on the ladder flatters us, although possibly not for much longer.

So, twice this season, Hawks go down to the Cats by two points after leading late during the fourth quarter. FAIL.

Just watched the last 20 minutes. Unbelievable. We had absolutely no business winning that game. Hawks had all the momentum. I kept going to myself "I know the final score is 118-116 but how the fuck is there enough time to get there?!" 59 seconds and we have a kick out, screw it up, Puopolo misses and with 30 seconds we get the ball in the hands of the most maligned player in the comp who kicks truly from 55. Absolutely ridiculous.

Go cattas.

Cheers bro. A (fair) few half assed lines in there but it was fun. Sorry for calling your friends assholes. I'll comment more on SUAPTH tomorrow - sounds awesome, though.

Wish I saw the whole game, was keeping an eye on it but didn't get a chance to watch it until the last quarter. Killer win.

A bit frustrated that I'll be in a pub all of tomorrow afternoon that never shows any footy, will probably be checking my phone every five minutes.

We had absolutely no business winning that game. Hawks had all the momentum.

I don't know - Hawks had no business getting the momentum or the lead after one of the most dire first quarters this side of GWS.

Axver said:
I don't know - Hawks had no business getting the momentum or the lead after one of the most dire first quarters this side of GWS.

The Hawks should have the experience and ability to come back from a start like that, and they did. I wouldn't expect a GWS or a number of other teams to be able to do that, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Hawthorn manage it. Which only made their fumbling at the end all the more frustrating!

Speaking of GWS, this afternoon is AN ARVO OF AKSHUUUN. Don't believe me? You can choose from the thrills and spills (mainly spills) of GWS vs Port or the unbridled excitement (if you are comatose) of 'Roos vs the Dogs.

Shit doesn't get real today until Freo vs West Coast starts.

I should probably do something about that GWS tip before it's too late but I can't bring myself to do it because it's Port they're playing.

Ax, what's up with Essendon? I just read that Fletcher and Dyson are both out of the team now, assuming through injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom