2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we keep on getting nothing HTBs paid against us and no free kicks paid for when they were there. The whole match is bullshit.

Hawkins seems to have a special permit to scrag everyone and get way with it.

Enjoy your win, Cobbler.

I'm pretty sure the commentary team today tried to tell us that it's Joel Corey's 250th game about 250 bloody times. WE FUCKING KNOW, SHUT UP.

Not to mention hearing "Stevie Jaaayy injured after FIYYUUVVVE SECKUNZ" roughly 250 times too.

Today was repetitive and asinine even by the Saturday arvo team's standards.

BT's getting pretty pissed off with the umpiring tonight! :lol:

Though I reckon he's largely right. Some very poor umpiring, especially from a Richmond perspective. Besides that, though, the first quarter proved to be fairly exciting after an initially subdued start.

It's pretty sad that we're being outplayed this obviously by the fucking Tigers. I know they've made strides, but...12th. Come on.

Their own idiocy has prevented them from dominating. They've let us get away with a lot of shit, as have the umpires.

Absolute rubbish call by the video umpire - that was clearly a Richmond goal. Instead they're given a behind and Carlton run away to score a goal themselves. Bullshit. Tiges should be in front.

At best the video umpire should've ruled vision inconclusive, which would've deferred to the goal umpire's decision, who wanted to award the goal. How the video umpire saw conclusive proof that the ball was touched, I'll never know.

Hahaha this match is a trainwreck, but I like the result. Free kicks are being handed out like candy.

I don't fucking believe it. Final ten minutes were insane. Final two minutes were cruel, cruel, cruel for Richmond. Even if the skills weren't great and the umpiring was shit, that game was nothing if not exciting and utterly nerve-wracking.

Dammit Richmond, what the hell happened?! I was following the score on my phone... how long was that final quarter? I thought the Tiges had squeaked through, but no, two minutes still to go. Sigh!

I passed out somewhere in the third! Dammit! I'm just glad I got to follow along at all this week. Not exactly a percentage-booster, but it keeps our hopes alive one more week.

Ugh, three losses by an aggregate margin of 10 points. Not good :(

We're finished now, but it could have been so different.

Cotchin is just magnificent.

Thought Dogs might take the fight to St Kilda, especially after coming so close against Carlton, but oh wow, Saints are demolishing them. It would be an even more massive flogging if the Saints could kick straight too; they've missed some really easy shots.

I think I tipped 8 this week, so that's good at least.

9 if I had just gone with the majority for every match, and FUCK THAT

Bugger, there are two streams for the Eagles/Brisbane game on Sportlemon - one is showing polevaulting instead and the other just refuses to open.

I'm on the way to 9/9 though, which is pretty cool, even if it's like the easiest round of the season to tip.

I'd have nine this week if the video umpire had judged that obvious Richmond goal as a, well, GOAL. :(

A perfect week remains elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom