(07-04-2003) Bono Gives Beyonce Career Advice - Sky News *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.sky.com/

STAR'S UK SHOPPING TRIP

Chart star Beyonce Knowles has told how she once wandered around Top Shop - and went unrecognised. The singer, who will take the number one spot on Sunday with Crazy In Love, went shopping while on a UK visit.

She said: "I went to Topshop with glasses and a hat. For about 20 minutes nobody recognised me, then one person recognised me."

Beyonce also told how she was often struck dumb when she met her idols because she was often overcome with nerves. The US singer said: "I've met Stevie Wonder, Prince, Michael Jackson - many great people. Whenever I meet them I get so nervous I don't know what to say. It's very awkward."

Beyonce, who starred in the Austin Powers film Goldmember, said she was given career advice by U2 star Bono over dinner at his French home. He told her not to split from her group Destiny's Child - whose hits include Bootylicious - despite her solo success.

"He'd been watching us and liked the fact that we were doing solo projects and group projects because it kept the fans interested."

Back
Top Bottom