Will I ***EVER*** Get To Meet These Guys?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
I have been a fan since the very beginning. Saw them live the first time in a club on the Boy Tour. I was a fan before some of you were even born! And I haven't ever ever not once not a single time nada nein non never ever ever met even one of them! Hell at this point I'd settle for a friend of Ali's manicurist, like the sixth degrees of separation people interviewed in those dodgy unauthorized videos. Will this new upcoming tour FINALLY be my chance? Anyone have any legal non-stalking kinda suggestions for me? Anyone else want to commiserate with me?

lol, and ps I'm not *really* grumpy, I was looking for more of a pouty/ sulky emoticon but the grumpy one looks so cute! It's expression made me laugh.

I hope so! I feel very depressed I haven't met them. I've been a fan since 1983 and I've never met them either! :( I came very close the last tour but missed anyway! :scream: Tours are my only chance, since I am too poor and I have way too many responsibilities to go running off to Dublin or chasing them down wherever they go. Even though I'm happy for people who meet them I must admit I get frustrated and more negative every time I hear a story, like I will be the last U2 fan on earth to ever meet them, or everyone but me will score. :sad: Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who never met them, and now that you know me, you will meet them, and come here and tell your story, because I will never meet them!!! Misery loves company, and for now it's good to know I'm not alone. But I soon will be, because you are going to meet them, and so is everyone else here who hasn't already, except me:sigh:

Last edited:
Lol. I can relate to you in a sort of way. I haven't been a fan for near as long. But, I've never seen nada of any of them, too, and I wonder if I ever will. It doesn't look promising. Lol, and yes, I can understand settling for someone's manicurist. I'm not the one to talk to about legal ways of meeting the band. I've never even tried because I feel like everything is pretty much illegal.:wave:

It'll happen. I was a huge Kiss fan growing up and it was my dream to meet them. I finally did and even though I'm not a fan at all anymore, it's still one of my favorite memories. I'm fairly confident that someday, somehow, I'll meet at least one member of U2.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who never met them, and now that you know me, you will meet them, and come here and tell your story, because I will never meet them!!! Misery loves company, and for now it's good to know I'm not alone. But I soon will be, because you are going to meet them, and so is everyone else here who hasn't already, except me

Sorry, this just makes me laugh because it's so cute. You know, I think it makes me laugh because I appreciate the fact that you said in an off-handed way that I'd meet them, then. Someone like me could get every vote of confidence I could muster. And I don't seem to be the only one slightly depressed today because when it comes to U2 I don't seem to be able to go any further. I'm depressed and frustrated today. :yawn:

ya hopefully in Canada this upcoming tour I too will finally meet them.. but who knows a girl can dream...

Hi girls! :wave: I would definitely keep your dreams alive and keep hoping you will meet them.....because hopefully you will!
It was a dream that was out of reach in my head.....for 14 years and then in San Jose I met them... and I still can't believe that I did. I never even thought it was possible...
I hope you all have good luck during the next tour!
:hug: to all of you that get sad that you havent met them.

LCK, I think the trick is to try meeting them not at or before a concert. Not that you have to go stalking them in Dublin, b/c that's way to expensive and far away for most, but if Bono comes near where you live for a charity or AIDS benefit, try getting in or meeting him on his way in or out. I've met Bono twice but never at a concert. The friend I was with was meeting Bono for her fourth time and that was just the first time she actually got a picture. Just gotta keep at it and you'll get your turn!

sidenote: the reason I got to meet Bono was b/c I got this fortune cookie that said "you will soon meet the person you admire" so I bought a ticket to the first stop of the Heart of America Tour and after 15 hrs of riding in a car, 24 hrs of living on the freezing winter cement, it worked!

LCK said:
I have been a fan since the very beginning. Saw them live the first time in a club on the Boy Tour.

:bow: How many people here can say that? That must have been totally cool! Please tell me you've got pictures?!

LCK said:
And I haven't ever ever not once not a single time nada nein non never ever ever met even one of them!

Join the club. I've loved them since 1983, but I've only seen them in concert ONCE, and that was 1987! Just seeing a second U2 concert would be wonderful; I couldn't even hope to meet one or all of them! :sigh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
sidenote: the reason I got to meet Bono was b/c I got this fortune cookie that said "you will soon meet the person you admire" so I bought a ticket to the first stop of the Heart of America Tour and after 15 hrs of riding in a car, 24 hrs of living on the freezing winter cement, it worked!

Freaky about the fortune cookie! :ohmy:. *Cues "Twilight Zone" theme music...*

Anywho, hey, at least most of you have been lucky enough to see them in concert. I haven't even had that luxury yet (granted, that's also due to the fact that I've only been a fan for almost two years, therefore causing me to miss out on the Elevation tour, but still...). I could've had my chance in December of 2002 when Bono came through for the Heart of America tour, but due to car problems and the fact that I had school and my parents couldn't get time off from work to take me...I didn't get to. :(.

I want to meet them so badly, too. Hopefully, with this next tour, or if Bono ever comes near my area again for something, I'll get a chance. I'm highly envious of those of you who've met all of them or one of them, but I do love hearing the stories from you, and am extremely happy for you. :).

At least I got to meet someone who knows the band-yeah, it was only for a couple seconds, but still...:D.

Angela

I don't want to meet U2, I know that sounds strange as they are my favourite band but I can't justify following them around their homeland trying to meet them, it would be different if I just bumped into them on the street though, hehehe

I want to see them too. I only saw U2 live on one occasion, and that was the Zooropa tour and when I was living in Southern Ireland, but, hey, at least I got to see them on their soil :love: What can I say, it's a beautiful country. I can't wait to see U2 when they next tour. My one dream :heart: to meet Bono someday.

Moonlit_Angel said:

I could've had my chance in December of 2002 when Bono came through for the Heart of America tour, but due to car problems and the fact that I had school and my parents couldn't get time off from work to take me...I didn't get to. :(.

Angela

Me too. That tour came at an especially bad and difficult time in my life, or I'd have made the drive west and gone for it:(

I love Bono and he's the one I really want to meet, but I do want to meet the entire band, and the only way to do that is to catch them on tour. Alas, that's what I've tried for all these years and missed out:(

Good luck to everyone :hug: Thanks for the encouragement from some of you, but I have this feeling it will never happen to me. Which gives all the rest of you a better chance.

I agree with livluv I didn't actually talk to him but got pretty close to Bono at the peter and the wolf thing in NYC.

Aralitia said:
I don't want to meet U2, I know that sounds strange as they are my favourite band but I can't justify following them around their homeland trying to meet them, it would be different if I just bumped into them on the street though, hehehe

It's not strange. I'm not to keen on following them around either, thought I don't really care if others do. When I met Bono it was kinda by accident, we didn't even know he was in the city, we were just walking around the block, checking out the buildings and we saw his security. They said he could meet us if we stood still back on a curb, so we did!

Angela, sorry to hear about car troubles getting in between you and Bono :( I was going to steal my dad's car and drive it 15 hours to Nebraska, but luckily my friend got a ticket and her parents let us use their car.

Aralitia said:
I can't justify following them around their homeland trying to meet them, it would be different if I just bumped into them on the street though, hehehe

I agree, and here's hoping for both of us that good things will come to those who wait, and destiny will smile on us someday:)

I was just wondering, what is considered "meeting" Bono? I mean obviously, if you get a pic or a kiss, you've met him. But say you're standing with a group of people and he signs some autographs and stuff but never really acknowledges you specifically, have you met him? I dunno, I'm really bored....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Angela, sorry to hear about car troubles getting in between you and Bono :( I was going to steal my dad's car and drive it 15 hours to Nebraska, but luckily my friend got a ticket and her parents let us use their car.

Gargh, the car troubles irritated me so much. It was particularly irritating once he got to Iowa, since I was still living there at the time...I'm sitting there in my classes, knowing he's only a few hours away from me, and I couldn't go! :angry:.

Anyway, that was really nice of your friend and her parents to do that for you. :). Unfortunately, none of my friends were heavy into U2, and their parents also worked a lot, so that wasn't an option for me, either. :(.

Also, :hug:s to you, U2Kitten...here's hoping you, and everyone else who hasn't met the guys yet (or one of them), gets a chance to meet them someday. :).

The nice thing about hearing all the really sweet stories from those of you who have met them is that it definitely makes me feel less nervous should I ever get lucky enough to meet any or all of them.

Angela

I have also been a fan since 1984 and have never actually meet Bono :sad: Although i've been lucky to see them in concert 13 times. drool: My Brother in law sat with all the boys in a pub and was brought a drink or two. my niece stood next to Bono at Dublin's Millenium celebrations, my aunt(by marriage) was at traffic lights when Bono pulled up beside her and my boss meet Bono in 1982. What the point of marrying an Irishman if it doesn't give me an advantage??!!! The closest i've been is about 5 yards away from the stage in Paris and London on the elevation tour! I stayed in the Clarence but no luck. I think it is a matter of fate if you meet any of them well that's what i'm trying to convince myself.

Don't feel too bad about having been a fan for twenty-plus years and never meeting them. Me either!! I, uh, almost met Bono in Atlanta the last tour. It was the March show there, four dates into the tour. They were doing "The Fly", and Bono jumped off of the stage and made a line toward the back of the GA area, which is where I was. He almost ran into me! Egads! Talk about shocked! Before I really knew what was happening the security guys had whisked him back to the stage.
Maybe 2004 will be the charm.

We can all only dream....

If positive thinking counts for anything I WILL meet Bono sometime in my life dont know when dont know where but I really really want to tell him what a beautiful soul he is and how much he is loved. If they come to our little city on the next tour I am going to scour all the possible hotels and just take a chance of meeting him in the lobby, if it doesnt happen at least I will get to see them LIVE which will have to do for now! Good luck everyone dont stop dreaming!:bono: :hug:

ya gotta believe!!! :yes: --- is part of the luck, i think. some planning and lots of patience!

I'm sending *Magic R&R {U2} Meetings Dust* to you - LCK, U2kit, Sue, Kelly [of the magic pics parade!], & Verte & everyone else.

here it comes ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

{ I've been a fan since *1981* }
my times near up in this cafe so more next time.

I can't say i've been a fan as long as some of you guys (muchos Kudos to the bunch of you by the way), but I've got this feeling that meeting anyone is a matter of fate, good timing and a little inspiration.

I know one of my best mates only got to meet Brian May by calling us all one afternoon and telling us that she was going to wait oustide a London Hotel which was hosting an awards ceremony for him, with or without our help. If we hadn't all agreed I know she'd never have found that place, and might never have got up the courrage.

Here's hoping 2004's a great year for fan meetings. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:
ya gotta believe!!! :yes: --- is part of the luck, i think. some planning and lots of patience!

I'm sending *Magic R&R {U2} Meetings Dust* to you - LCK, U2kit, Sue, Kelly [of the magic pics parade!], & Verte & everyone else.

Thank you :hug:

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

How sweet! Thank you. May we all get to meet these wonderful men! :)

Back
Top Bottom