What a Holiday- Chapter three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lozy9876

The Fly
Hope you all enjoy this. Itll get better soon...but had to make the meeting and geting to know each other be over and done eith. :)

Bono and U2 and all that stuff arnt mine. Its not a true story. It came from boredom and just ideas i had in my head..so yeah
Well Enjoy!

Maddy made her way downstairs glancing around for Bono. She couldn’t believe what had supposably happened last night let alone what was happening right now. She shook her thoughts out of her mind and pulled her self together. She would have time later to be excited when reality would hit her and she’d realize this was actually happening, but for now she had to act normal. She glanced at the clock above one of the couches. It had been 40 minutes since she had last saw bono. She didn’t even know what to except, or how to act. She made her way towards the couch when she felt a hand touch her shoulder.

“Hello” the voice said with that soft irish accent.
She turned around to see his bright blue eyes staring at her. They looked welcoming and she couldn’t tear herself away from his gaze. She forgot to speak. All thoughts left her and all she could think about was his eyes.
“Well err…should we go then” he said still staring at her.
“Wha...umm yeah” she said nervously.
What was getting into her?
Why couldn’t she speak?
She decided she would avoid eye contact, that way his stare wouldn’t affect her.

They made their way down the street. They walked in silence. Well not total silence. Bono was humming a tune and she was speaking to herself in her mind. Cursing herself and her stupidity.
“So, Drink, dinner or both?” he said with a grin on his face.
“I don’t mind, which would you prefer?” she asked looking at the floor as she could see him looking at her in the corner of her eyes.
“Hmm, well I fancy meself a drink but my stomach thinks otherwise so how about we dine and drink? He said staring at her waiting for her to speak.
“Yeah, sounds good” she said after a few minutes.
Why was everything he said taking so much time to go through? Her answers were all delayed? What was wrong with her?

After a few minutes they went inside a fancy restaurant. It was posh but very nice. All the tables were wooden and shiny and there were photographs of waterfalls and other scenery on the walls. The walls were wooden and each table had a dimly lit candle. It was very quiet except for a few people chatting away and some soft music playing in the background.
She loved it instantly. It was nice, and she couldn’t complain, She had good company.
Once they were seated, they ordered drinks and then waited for the food menus.
“So do you like this place” he said staring at her again.
“Yes, its wonderful” she said looking at the floor.
“Good, ive been here a few times…its nice and quiet, which is good when I need some peace.” He said smiling at her.
“Yes” she replied looking at the floor.
“So what did you get up today then love?” he asked her, staring at her again with those blue magnets.
She couldn’t help but looking at them. She quickly looked at the knife and fork placed on the table and pretended to be interested in it.
“Umm…went into town…and” she said her voice trailing off as he cut her off.
“Oh yeah, where are you from anyway?” he asked the blue magnets still staring at her.
She felt as if he could read her mind.
Looking at the floor she replied “Melbourne…err…Australia.”
“Oh, I love Melbourne. Bit hot last time I went there though, but better than the chill here.” He said still looking at her, this time with a confused face.
“Is something wrong love?” he asked his eyes, she noticed out of the corner of her eye, still staring at her.
“No, its just…your…eyes…”she said then decided it would sound stupid to say she thought his eyes were scanning her mind and reading all her thoughts.
“My what love?” he asked, pulling a face of confusion.
“Nothing…its nothing” she said brushing her fringe out of her eyes.
“Okay…”he said looking at her with confusion still.
After a few minutes the drinks came and he started talking about U2 and if she liked their music and what music she liked. She started to open up then, laughing at his stories about Adam in high school and how he drank coffee during classes. Before she knew it she was telling him about her reasons for coming to Dublin and how she was getting away from all her problems. When she said she was part Irish his mouth went into a huge grin which she ignored as she rambled on about her past.

He was a good listener and listened to her without cutting in. Once she had finished talking, he grabbed her hand and said everything would be okay and she’d get through it. She couldn’t help but smile. He then started talking about Politics and how Australia’s prime minister wouldn’t see him. He wasn’t angry but more let down that the prime minister didn’t care. Maddy had a strong opinion about politics and strangely enough, her opinions seemed to agree with bono. His face lit up with delight as she said what she thought and he agreed. After a few hours, they had both eaten their meals and drank probably to much alcohol.
“I’ve really enjoyed tonight” she heard herself saying
“Its really what I needed so thank you” she said smiling at him.
“Ive had a blast. We should do it again sometime.” He said grinning.
They both got up and Bono went to pay at the register.
“I’ll pay half” she said.
“No Love, its fine, you go wait outside ill be there in a minute” he said shooing her off.
She didn’t want to argue so she made her way outside. It was freezing outside and she probably should have brang a jacket.

“Cold?” said a soft Irish accent from behind her.
“No..well erm is it that obvious?” she said laughing.
“Yes and here” he said giving her his jacket.
They walked back to The Clarence with their arms linked like lovers and laughing about the stupidest things. When outside the Clarence bono stopped and faced her.

“Do you want me to walk you up?” he asked his blue eyes staring at her again.
“Nah, its fine” she said smiling at him.
“Okay if you’re sure” he said pulling her in for a hug.
He then pulled away and kissed her cheek.
“See you round then” she said and walked towards the doors. She opened them and then heard his voice saying
“You bet love”
She turned around to see his back walking down the path.
As she ran inside the doors excitedly, she couldn’t believe what happened. The biggest grin spread on her face as she ran upstairs and pressed the elevator door. Once inside she screamed with excitement. She was so happy.

Out in the cold with no jacket Bono made his way down the dark street. He let out a sigh He turned around to look at the Clarence again. Desperately wanting to go back and see Maddy again. He brushed the thoughts away and continued walking.
He wasn’t supposed to be feeling these feelings but….

He did.

Back
Top Bottom