U2 on the Juno's!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PearlJam_U2

The Fly
For the Canadian Plebians here, U2 was on the Juno's tonight via videotape.
Tonight Daniel Lanois and Michael Cohl were inducted into the Canadian Rock N Roll Hall of fame.
U2 had a video tribute to each. It was quite funny...for Michael Cohl they did an acopella "Michael Cohl (instead od row) the boat ashore" then Bono did his thank you thing.

For Daniel Lanois, Edge and Larry were humming a melody then Bono poppes up from below the screen and joins in, then does his tribute thing. Adam totally loses it (starts laughing), Edge and Larry are barely keeping the laughter back...quite funny.

I'm soo glad I had a tape ready..whoohoo.

PealJam_U2

Ahhh, that sounds cool!
biggrin.gif

I think U2 gets creative with their taped tributes/thank yous... I think it was the Top of the Pops awards they did a little tune like you described for Daniel Lanois' tape
smile.gif

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

what canadian channel was it on?!

if all else fails someone may have it on kazaa or morpheus at a later date *wishful thinking*

------------------
BuBbLe PoPpInG, sUgAr DrOpPiNg, RoCk AnD rOlL ...
*+*MaRiA*+*

I so need to see this! Gah!!!! Adam laughing!!!!!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Will soemoen please give me some pics or stills or at least a link to this? I HAVE to see it!!

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Originally posted by littleheartsuitcase:

I think U2 gets creative with their taped tributes/thank yous... I think it was the Top of the Pops awards they did a little tune like you described for Daniel Lanois' tape
smile.gif

They did that one for Brian Eno. It was frickin hilarious.
Mr Snarly was nearly laughing? Cool I gotta see this.
biggrin.gif

Were they live by satellite or was it videotaped, and when?

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
what canadian channel was it on?!

if all else fails someone may have it on kazaa or morpheus at a later date *wishful thinking*

It was on CTV (Channel 8 where I live).
Did anyone who saw the show get any screencaps??
I taped their segments, but I don't have the hardware or software to do screen caps.

PearlJam_U2

Originally posted by PearlJam_U2:
It was on CTV (Channel 8 where I live).
Did anyone who saw the show get any screencaps??
I taped their segments, but I don't have the hardware or software to do screen caps.

PearlJam_U2

I want screen caps too!

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

I watched it - it was very funny. Bono remarking about Daniel - how he liked to take pictures - of small trees - which made the Edge and him start cracking up...It was very cute. They sang Danny Boy for him.

Strangely Adam stood in the corner - not laughing, not singing...maybe he was humming to himself....Edge and Larry sang Michael's little diddy with Bono bringing up the ending.

I didn't tape it but I'll see if I can find some shots and post them for you all.

Back
Top Bottom