U2 on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julyfly

Acrobat
A Juke Joint.... can you hear the guitar SCREAM?
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but did anyone see the boys on CNN Headline News late last night? I was getting ready for bed & my roommate said, " Hay- U2 is on the news!"

Bono was saying something like, " There will be NO lip-synching on MY/OUR stage! " and to paraphrase, " I'll be singing from the only place ( or the only way ) I know how "
- or something like that.
And he also said ( almost totally deadpan with just a hint of a smirk ) that he was thinking it was quite a novel idea & maybe he was starting a new trend... one that will hopefully catch on with the kids!

My roomate & I were like, " WOO-HOO! You GO, BONO! " as we were laughing ourselves silly at the obvious jab at some other, ahem, acts that have been featured during halftime.
Anybody else see this?

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

yep, I caught it before going to bed. I was just about to shut off the TV and than the CNN lady said U2 was coming up, so obviously I kept the TV on until they came on. Bono's comment about singing made me laugh. And holy cow, Larry looked so feckin hot!
biggrin.gif

*damnit, I am having trouble typing on my laptop. I hate typing on this damn thing*

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-31-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom