U2 calendar...it makes me smile all day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I just wanted to share that I have my lovely new 2001 U2 wall calendar sitting two feet away from me on the wall of my cube at work!

Nothing like having THIS in front of you all day...
33333%3C4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3EWSNRCG%3D323237893%3B93%3Anu0mrj

biggrin.gif

-sula

Yes I know the feeling !!!
I had some co-worker come up to me today and say "who's that?"
When I told her she was all "oh thats those guys you're like obsessed with right...?"
LOL ......Oh how I love my job
wink.gif

I really have no idea how she knows anything about my obession...er....appreciation of them.

I HAVE THAT IN MY ROOOOOM!!

It's great bc Bono looks tall
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I got it for Christmas and I was very glad!!!
I think i'll have a good year
wink.gif

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

I love the calender. A huge improvement over my Van Gogh Calender from last year, which was nice, but not sexy.

I am dreading the Bono-less months though!!!

looking forward to larry month/ adam month
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I just wanted to share that I have my lovely new 2001 U2 wall calendar sitting two feet away from me on the wall of my cube at work!

Nothing like having THIS in front of you all day...
33333%3C4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3EWSNRCG%3D323237893%3B93%3Anu0mrj

biggrin.gif

-sula

I love mine too, its right by my desk, but don't you think they look like they're about to kick someone's arse in the January picture. Edge especially looks like he's ready to go after the photographer. Now don't get me wrong, I am a hopeless Bonoholic but I think his head looks REALLY big in that pic.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I HAVE THAT IN MY ROOOOOM!!

It's great bc Bono looks tall
biggrin.gif

Yeah but then you look at his feet and he's standing in front of everyone else!
biggrin.gif
The expression on his face is kinda funny too. It seems like he's trying really hard to look pissed off, but he just looks self conscious (haha almost wrote couscous) in a cute kind of way. I dunno how to describe it..
biggrin.gif

I was four days late hanging up for actual use, but it was hanging right by me with me changing it to random months, but today I hung it up in the official calendar spot of my room. It looks just fab there too, it replaced a scooby doo calendar, although I do miss having scooby look at me for a year, I think I can manage with U2 staring at me
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

I am so sad.

I asked for it and did not receive it.

I mean, one's own mom is supposed to get one the stuff one specifically asks for. Isn't she?

Larry: I'm so sick and tired of standing still for these stupid photo shoots!

Bono: Hehe...damn, I'm tall! I'm likin' this!

Edge: You all thought that song Mofo was about Bono's mum, but you were all wrong! It's about ME!

Adam: I am cool. (now I know why Bono's been wearing shades all these years...the chicks are gonna dig this!)

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 01-04-2002).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Larry: I'm so sick and tired of standing still for these stupid photo shoots!

Bono: Hehe...damn, I'm tall! I'm likin' this!

Edge: You all thought that song Mofo was about Bono's mum, but you were all wrong! It's about ME!

Adam: I am cool. (now I know why Bono's been wearing shades all these years...the chicks are gonna dig this!)

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 01-04-2002).]

your captions are great Sula!
biggrin.gif
i only wish i was as talented/funny!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

MMMMMMM....LOVE THIS CALENDAR, and this picture especially,it's oneof my all time favorites - all the guys look so awesome and I love Bono's hair and all the LEATHER....they all just look so great...can't wait for February!! (or better yet, MAY!)
biggrin.gif

I got it for christmas and my mum wouldn't let me hang it up till Jan 1st. Said is was bad luck or something. Blarg.
Anyway it's up now and as soon as I wake up in the morning I have the boys looking at me. What could get better than that?
smile.gif

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
Yeah but then you look at his feet and he's standing in front of everyone else!
biggrin.gif
The expression on his face is kinda funny too. It seems like he's trying really hard to look pissed off, but he just looks self conscious (haha almost wrote couscous) in a cute kind of way. I dunno how to describe it..
biggrin.gif

LMAO! COUSCOUS! The food so nice, they named it twice. LMAO!!!

BTW Bono's head DOES look ginormous. He should smiiiiiile instead of being all ggrr. Unless it's gonna be like that COME HITHER JT pic. With the railing he leans on? YOU know what I mean.

Bono is couscous.

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

What's up with March and April though? I don't really like those super-blurry pics they have....not all month long at least. Hey, but look at June!! What a great pic!! That's my birthday month (wooohooo 18!) AND I graduate!! wooohooo college!!!

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

I just got it last week. I went looking for it after the new year, becuase I know calendar's go on sale 50% off and I'm cheap. I got it for 7 bucks!

I also put it up in my cubicle within plain view, but i had to show all my coworkers first. One of them likes the Edge, "because he's the quite one and very mysterious" she says. I told her that's fine, she can come over and stare at the boys any time she wants!

[This message has been edited by oktobergirl (edited 01-05-2002).]

I just got my U2 calender today. I haven't been able to find one and then today I randomly wandered into a card shop and noticed they had loads of calenders at half price. Then I found my U2 calender and jumped half way across the shop going "I found it! I found it!" (I've been looking for this for the last month, I think I'm entitled to a little expression of joy, thankyouverymuch!) I only slightly crashed into an innocent bystander. Oh, and the cashier laughed at me...so I paid for a ?2.99 calender with a ?20 note, just to take all the change from her till :p I have a slightly evil sense of humour.

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 01-05-2002).]

I just showed my sister the calender. She is 18, and very interested in boy bands and such. I have been trying to get her into U2 for years. I showed her all 12 pictures, and she said afterwards "Larry has nice cheekbones, and Bono isn't as gross as I used to think he was"!!

I think that she is coming around. She also likes the song "Walk On", although that is it!!!

How can I turn her around???

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I just showed my sister the calender. She is 18, and very interested in boy bands and such. I have been trying to get her into U2 for years. I showed her all 12 pictures, and she said afterwards "Larry has nice cheekbones, and Bono isn't as gross as I used to think he was"!!

I think that she is coming around. She also likes the song "Walk On", although that is it!!!

How can I turn her around???

LEave the calender hanging in her room (july pic i like it
biggrin.gif
) and play u2 ALL the time and hum u2 songs, talk about u2 ALL the time, shes gonna have to give in some time
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Back
Top Bottom