Through The Sleet And Driving Snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Well, um hey! I had this idea going around in my head for awhile. It's still in progress but if there's some interest I may continue with it. I haven't really written anything in ages so please forgive me if it's a bit of crap :giggle:

Disclaimer: Don't know the lads, this never happened.. wouldn't mind if it did, but it hasn't yet. All for fun.

Some random swearing in here as well. :wink:

------------------------
Snow...

She sighed as she pressed her face against the glass. 48 hours earlier she had cleared the driveway of snow in a three hour shovelling extravaganza that left her tired and sore. Winter was beginning to seriously grate on her nerves. Now, another storm had dropped even more so in the space she'd shovelled just days before. Sure, she could call a local who had a plow on his pickup truck.. but that was thirty dollars she could use elsewhere. On groceries or a new shovel or something.

"Well.. I guess it has to be done" She flicked off the DVD player. The image of Bono talking turned to a blue screen and then faded to black as she turned the telly off. Her cat was staring at her upside down through sleepy feline eyes.

"I wish you had opposable thumbs so you could help me shovel, cat"

---

She wandered down to the mailbox and began clearing the snow from there. At least, she might get some mail today.. even if it was just bills and useless flyers. She threw a shovelful of snow over her shoulder and then watched as the wind picked it up and carried it across the driveway.

"Bollocks!"

When she turned around, another gust of wind blew a wall of snow right into her face.

"Gah!" she coughed trying to breathe. Then in a total whim of delusion she began to sing. "I lost myself in the summer rain, I lost myself, I lost myself in the summer raaaaiiiiiiin" All of sudden upon those lyrics she closed her eyes briefly and imagined the snow was gone, the mosquitoes were buzzing around her head, the birds and the bees were off doing what birds and bees do. It was surreal and warm and perfect.

*Whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

The sound of the approaching government plow brought her out of her snow-induced daze. Chunks of snow and ice were being flung high into the air to rest on the already tall snowbanks at the side of the road. She went to wave at the driver when she noticed something large and white coming straight at her head.

"Oh fu...."

She tried to get out of the way but it happened too fast. In a second, the ice chunk bounced off her head and came to rest beside her once she'd collapsed into the snow. The snowplow continued on its merry way, oblivious to what had just occured.

/Lights go down, it's dark\
---

"I'm telling ye, I saw something!" Bono exclaimed as they drove down a wintery Canadian road.

"Me arse, Bono. Look, you can hardly see in front of your face. You probably just saw a tree or sasquatch or something."

"Look, will you just back up so I can check. Otherwise I'll be bothering you with this until we get to.. uh.. " He screwed up his face as he opened the map ".. Moncton..yea that's it."

Edge sighed and stopped the truck. Then placing it into reverse, he moved the truck back until Bono could see whatever is was he.. saw...

"I don't understand this. Why are we driving to this place anyway? Isn't there an international airport there.. couldn't we have just flown in?" Larry whined in the backseat whilst Adam sat looking calmly out the window.
"You have no sense of adventure, Larry. Paul told us about this place that we hadn't really heard of before, so we thought we could have a roadtrip and drive there from Bangor. Come on now, you can't tell me that this hasn't been fun! Besides, we maybe playing here sooner than you think." Bono stated and then something caught his eye. "Stop, there, see!" And he was pointing vigorously at the window. They had pulled up beside a mailbox and an adjacent driveway. There, lying silent in the freshly fallen snow was a person.

"Maybe they're just sleeping" Larry remarked. The other three glared at him. "Alright, alright.. well Bono, you saw it first.. you go check"

Bono opened the door and hopped out into the white landscape. He approached cautiously and quietly. The air was very fresh and quite frigid. He almost went back to borrow Edge's beanie but continued on without it. Finally, he was standing over the body. He knelt down and wiped the snow from the face of the person. She was cold, but she was breathing....

Last edited:
dianepm said:
MONCTON!!!!!!!!! YaY!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm in Campbellton...about 3 hours north of Moncton!!!)

I still say if the Stones can play Moncton, U2 can too.

This is really good!!

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I don't actually remember posting that.....(see what happens when I OD on cold medicine)

dianepm said:
MONCTON!!!!!!!!! YaY!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm in Campbellton...about 3 hours north of Moncton!!!)

I still say if the Stones can play Moncton, U2 can too.

This is really good!!

Seriously? Nice to see another New Brunswicker on here. I'm down near Saint John :)

I totally could see U2 possibly playing Magnetic Hill as soon as next summer. I mean, they've been hauling in the talent.. and their name has been mentioned several times in the news and such. *wishful thinking* :wink:

Thanks everyone for their kind words!

Back
Top Bottom