Take your fav. U2-member to work/university/college/school...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just got an idea for a pic-thread... Who would you take to work/university/college/school (what ever you do) on a "Bring your fav. U2-member"-day?! :hmm: *If that just excisted - sigh* :sigh:

Well, I study pharmacy and spend a LOT of time (maybe too much :lol: !) time in the lab, so I would definitely bring... Lab-coat-Bono! :hyper: :tongue: :sexywink: :love:

3399%3B8%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A763%3C379ot1lsi

3399%3B8%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A763%3C37%3Bot1lsi

Who would you bring?! :)

Hehe, Kariann made me think of an idea...

I'd love to work on a story with him, or do a poetry presentation with him for a creative writing class (that's what my class did last year)-I'd do the writing, and he could provide music or something (or add some writing himself). That'd be so much fun.

33887%3B4323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3Dxroqdf%3E232338779%3C958ot1lsi

Angela

I teach at risk 7th and 8th grade students, and I actually do take Bono to work once a year. The day before Thanksgiving I have my students watch the MTV Bono Diary in Africa. It gives them great perspective about how much they really have to be thankful for. Also, it gives them a glimpse into a world and an issue that they have very little knowledge about. The kids really enjoy it and hey I get paid to watch and talk about Bono!:laugh: :happy:

faithingrace said:
I teach at risk 7th and 8th grade students, and I actually do take Bono to work once a year. The day before Thanksgiving I have my students watch the MTV Bono Diary in Africa. It gives them great perspective about how much they really have to be thankful for. Also, it gives them a glimpse into a world and an issue that they have very little knowledge about. The kids really enjoy it and hey I get paid to watch and talk about Bono!:laugh: :happy:

Wow, that's great! :bow:

oh wow...those pics from Africa are great. Arts and Crafts BONO! Can I borrow him for my fabrics and fibers class?? ;)

And speaker Bono: we can use him when my college has our meeting on AIDS in Africa. It was supposed to be a couple of weeks ago but snow happened...so it didn't. :( BUT its being rescheduled! Thank goodness...I had no idea about it until I was taking the elevator up to my dorm room. I was waiting around and looking at the fliers for clubs and stuff. (they hang them around the elevator door on the walls) And my eyes drifted down and there was B! Now, I was half asleep at the time so I had to look twice. The advert said "Bono wants you!" It was so cool...It amazed me that people want to get involved. My college is small so I was surprised but very happy and ampted to help. :)

First, I'd bring Cheerful Shirt Adam to lift the moods of all the stressed-out kiddies on campus :D

adamshirt.jpg

Then I'd bring Photographer Larry to my journalism class so he could take pics for all my riveting articles :sexywink:

larrycamera.jpg

This is a cute idea for a thread!! :happy:

That is cute ^^^^.

faithingrace said:

LOL, that is a terrific idea, indeed. :up: :). And hey, if it means more future generations will get inspired to help with the cause, that's even better.

Angela

Well at least I won't be late to work...unless we have an accident then I can ride on Bodyguard Larry's back (he'd have to be shirtless in order for me to have a good grip ;) ) :D

ok, I had some really good pics but I couldn't get the bloody things to appear, they appeared as those horrible little red Xs, I hate the horrible little red Xs!

Last edited:
Nut, what site are you trying to post from? Some won't let you link images:( You might have to upload them to snapfish or photobucket.

Well my friend Sooz said that a friend of her family's which she was working for said that she almost got into a car accident when she was going down a one way street in Dublin. The person going the wrong way ended up being Bono LOL

Mullen-Girl said:
Well my friend Sooz said that a friend of her family's which she was working for said that she almost got into a car accident when she was going down a one way street in Dublin. The person going the wrong way ended up being Bono LOL

LOL, oh, geez. His bad driving is mentioned in the Flanagan book, too.

But, hey, Mullen-Girl, looks like you've got it all planned out should you have an accident while riding with Bono. ;).

Angela

Ok, I've loaded it to Snapfish and the sodding thing still won't work!
t_=7917726
:mad:

But it originaly came from U2 Take Me Higher grrrr :mad:

Last edited:
Merc said:
I study pharmacy and spend a LOT of time (maybe too much :lol: !) time in the lab, so I would definitely bring... Lab-coat-Bono!

Ops! In my eager to start this thread I totally forgot to tell WHY I wanted to bring "lab-coat Bono" to my uni! lol

Well, I'm a great admirer of Bonos work in Africa and his fight to bring HIV/AIDS-medicine to the 30 million HIV/AIDS-infected people in Africa. He knows how important these life-saving drugs are in order to save the African continent from "bursting into flames" - but does he actually know how we produce these pharmaceuticals?! :hmm: I love to tell him about the proces of inventing a drug, getting it through all the trials, formulating it and eventually getting it into the market - a 12, 15 or maybe even 20 year long proces! :ohmy: :yes: I would of course show him all our labs - and in order to keep the GLP (good lab practice) he would have to wear a lab-coat! :wink: LOL! I would also looove to discuss the aspects of generic medicine with him... Oh, look at me just going blahblahblah... :laugh: It's like pushing a button when I get started on HIV/AIDS-medicine!

I've been really busy for the last few day, but I just have to comment on some of your replies... They're all great! But it seems like Bono is up for some travelling if he's to go with all of us! No one wants to bring Edge?! Where is all the Edge girls?

fun idea for a thread

Thanx kellyahern! I tend to get funny ideas like this when I ride my bicycle across town every day... :)

I'd bring SavetheWorld Bono so he could talk to our school about Africa

Really good idea souLnation2002!

I had a dream he was filing for me once.

Mmmm - nice dream Kariann...

I'd love to work on a story with him, or do a poetry presentation with him for a creative writing class (that's what my class did last year)-I'd do the writing, and he could provide music or something (or add some writing himself). That'd be so much fun.

Wauh - bring Bono to creative writing class! I'd bet you would get top grades Angela! :wink:

B can be my veterinary assistant for the day

OH MY... :ohmy: lol

and I actually do take Bono to work once a year. The day before Thanksgiving I have my students watch the MTV Bono Diary in Africa. It gives them great perspective about how much they really have to be thankful for

faithingrace, everyone should have a teacher like you! Great job!!!

Can I borrow him for my fabrics and fibers class??

Bono in fabrics and fibers class - lol!

I'd bring Photographer Larry

Wauh - nice pic U2girl02! Never did see that one before!!!

This is a cute idea for a thread!!

Thanx U2girl02!!!

And Bono as a Chauffer

OH MY... Heard about the mans driving skills too - are you sure Mullen-girl?! lol

Last edited:
Re: Re: Take your fav. U2-member to work/university/college/school...

Merc said:
Ops! In my eager to start this thread I totally forgot to tell WHY I wanted to bring "lab-coat Bono" to my uni! lol

Well, I'm a great admirer of Bonos work in Africa and his fight to bring HIV/AIDS-medicine to the 30 million HIV/AIDS-infected people in Africa. He knows how important these life-saving drugs are in order to save the African continent from "bursting into flames" - but does he actually know how we produce these pharmaceuticals?! :hmm: I love to tell him about the proces of inventing a drug, getting it through all the trials, formulating it and eventually getting it into the market - a 12, 15 or maybe even 20 year long proces! :ohmy: :yes: I would of course show him all our labs - and in order to keep the GLP (good lab practice) he would have to wear a lab-coat! :wink: LOL! I would also looove to discuss the aspects of generic medicine with him... Oh, look at me just going blahblahblah... :laugh: It's like pushing a button when I get started on HIV/AIDS-medicine.

Aw, that's a really good idea! Yeah, I think it'd be great for Bono to get to know how that stuff is made-I'm sure he'd find it quite fascinating, and would definitely want to use some of your explanations in his talks and stuff. :). He'd probably want to try and help produce a drug himself.

That's a really good explanation. Seriously.

Originally posted by Merc
Wauh - bring Bono to creative writing class! I'd bet you would get top grades Angela! :wink:

Hehe, that'd be cool. English-oriented classes were always my favorites in school, and seeing as how Bono and I both love to write poems and stories and stuff, well...

Seriously, that would be so much fun working on a school project with him. History classes with him could be fun, too, though. Heh, I think he would've thoroughly enjoyed my AP Government class last year-could've gotten involved in the class discussions, learned more about the way the American government system works, could've offered a European perspective on our system of government and talk a little about the government system over there as a way of comparing and contrasting the two...

Duuuuudddddde, why isn't this a reality?

Angela

Last edited:
faithingrace, everyone should have a teacher like you! Great job!!!

Aww shucks (blushes). Thanks. Too bad due to California's budget cuts I will probably be unemployed next year. Keep your collective fingers crossed for me!:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom