Sweetest Thing Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's boyzone....as I remember from Vh1's "Pop Up Video". I miss that show, the did a whole 1/2 hour of just U2 videos. :sigh: back when music channels were about music.

onebloodonelife said:
I used to watch Pop Up videos all the time too! What ever happened to that show?

it dissapeared along with a couple of other good shows...it made vh1 worthwhile. but now they're slowly turning into mtv by way of "reality" shows. and "I love the 80's" and it's gazillion extentions. i bet there's another I love the 80's coming, just you watch. ;)

Jam Jar said:

it dissapeared along with a couple of other good shows...it made vh1 worthwhile. but now they're slowly turning into mtv by way of "reality" shows. and "I love the 80's" and it's gazillion extentions. i bet there's another I love the 80's coming, just you watch. ;)

:sigh: :sad: How can they even find anymore stuff to talk about in the 80s? The only good one is the first one for 1987 because they talk about the Joshua Tree briefly. :grumpy: I'm sick of reality shows.

Jam Jar said:

i love the 80s is the only funny, good-ish show on it!

Jam Jar said:
aww I love that vid. is that boyzone in it? or are they westlife? pfft. those boy bands. they're all the same anyway..

its the irish rock band boyzone, bono's brother norman also makes an appearance in it , as the chef, and of course the lovely ali hewson.

Babydoll said:

its the irish rock band boyzone, bono's brother norman also makes an appearance in it , as the chef, and of course the lovely ali hewson.

except Boyzone was not a rock band, they were a pop boy band....

it's boyzone because Ali loved them at the time... and the Artane Boys band is in it too...
still wondering why the heck those firemen were in it... :eyebrow:

That's what cracked me up. That whole video was completely random.

Hell, I'd've forgiven him after seeing that. So freakin' dorky. I think that's my favorite video. First time I ever saw it, too.

The puppet nearly upstaged him! :giggle:

puppuppett.jpg

personally I think this is one of the cutest Bono video's.. .I mean.. look at him! who could be mad at him with this look on his face????? :drool:
angel1jf.jpg

smile7dx.jpg

11oy.jpg

wanna hug him!

the shirt looks pretty cute on him too... never seen him wearing it ever again :giggle:

Yah. Gets points for cuteness. Damn him. Watch, his sons shall be like him in school. And if they go to Mount Temple, the staff will be all,"Oh, boy. Two Hewsons at once. Batten down the hatches." :giggle:

I am sure this is correct.....

You know Bono wrote the song for her because he 'missed' her birthday? (Someone else will have to confirm when that was... late 80's sometime???)

Anyway, when they decided to release it for the Best of, Ali said
"That's my birthday song.... I get to say what I want for my birthday." She told Bono "Iwant to be in a movie, I want Boyzone, and I want to give the profits to charity."

Hence the video...

Does that mean she also asked for the sexy fireman? lol

( Now that I remember, doesn't Bono say something recently about if God had led him to be a fireman, he hopes he would have attacked it with just as much gusto as he has his music career? Is there a theme here??? lol)

I forget where I read that, but it definately is true. I think it may have been Q or Rolling Stone.

Anyone else remember that?

Galeongirl said:
personally I think this is one of the cutest Bono video's.. .I mean.. look at him! who could be mad at him with this look on his face????? :drool:
angel1jf.jpg

smile7dx.jpg

11oy.jpg

wanna hug him!

aww poor baby, of course i forgive u! come here... :)

imogen said:
I am sure this is correct.....

You know Bono wrote the song for her because he 'missed' her birthday? (Someone else will have to confirm when that was... late 80's sometime???)

Anyway, when they decided to release it for the Best of, Ali said
"That's my birthday song.... I get to say what I want for my birthday." She told Bono "Iwant to be in a movie, I want Boyzone, and I want to give the profits to charity."

Hence the video...

Does that mean she also asked for the sexy fireman? lol

( Now that I remember, doesn't Bono say something recently about if God had led him to be a fireman, he hopes he would have attacked it with just as much gusto as he has his music career? Is there a theme here??? lol)

I forget where I read that, but it definately is true. I think it may have been Q or Rolling Stone.

Anyone else remember that?

yep, it was a Bside for the Joshua Tree I think... written in 86 or 87.. indeed for not-being-able-to-be-with-her at her Bday... and indeed she requested those things :lol: but I dunno about the firemen!!!!

and Bono wiht the halo is soooo adorable.. wanna pet him! Cute little Bono! :D

I remember at the first concert in Miami last year, he took from someone behind me, a hat exactly like the one he's wearing in the video and put it on. :cute:

The hat seemed familiar to me but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before.

Back
Top Bottom