Random Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by JennyBean:
Randomness: Why is it that when you lose your voice and it gets all low and scratchy people tell say it sounds sexy and/or you should work for a sex line? Do your friends do that to you? I feel like crap, not sexy!
LOL!

Ooooo! I feel a bio schpiel coming on! Jenny, to answer your question, when a female is sexually aroused, her voice drops anywhere from one to three octaves. So, basically, it sounds like you're aroused.
biggrin.gif

Yesterday in bio (yes it is my life) we were studying fungi. There were two types of fungi classified under club fungi. The first was one that as my bio teacher put it, "Likes dark, moist, places. They're happy there." The second was yeast. Bio teacher said: "Yeast, uhhhh *male uncomfortableness* it too likes dark, ummmm *bluuush* moist, uhhh *drifting a bit* places.....and you're not happy. *smile*"
Girls in class:
confused.gif
huh?
Yeah, it was good.

hippy: congrats on figuring out adam is yo' daddy. That was such a Kevin Bacon way to do it too.

On the subject of Bono having been named Schmoo: I knew a kid named Schmoo. He graduated last year, but for some reason he likes to come back to his high school and 'hang out' for the day. He was 'eccentric'.....to say the least...

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMAO!! I can just see it! The cover of Time Magazine: CAN SCHMOO SAVE THE WORLD? Hee hee!
icon22.gif

I was randomly giggling about this all day.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

shmoos were these creatures in Li'l Abner, they loved to give people anything they needed/wanted and died of happiness if anyone who looked at them was hungry. Basically, everytime shmoos came into li'l abners town everyone got all lethargic and stopped working, the lesson being, i guess, that having everything you want isn't good.

Anyway.

That schmooo is somethin else arrright....but anyway....on with the randomnacity....

Today I got accepted to Notre Dame. I applied as a joke, writing an essay on hosting a dinner with my two invited guests being Bono and Abe Lincoln. I posted that in Lemonade Stand and chain (whoever the hell that is) said that I was undeserving of it. Meh...I just thought it was pretty rude to post.

------------------

ok this is RANDOM. a really long time ago, someone posted this pic of U2-dedicated doodles they did in middle school. I thought it was bizarre, and altered it a little.

it is dumb, but i found it again and wanted to post it somewhere. here ya go!

333%3A%3B9%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E589%3E%3A%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232378%3A97474nu0mrj

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Wait...I thought chain said you deserve better than Notre Dame! *goes back to read thread*

Anyway, congratulations! *confetti* It's a tough school to get into. But that being said, come to McGill. It's fun, it's in montreal, the drinking age is 18 and...um, we have nice architecture. Also, there are lots of U2 fans and we get bad U2 covers by bands during frosh week!
Not that I'm trying to be pushy...

edited to say: chain said Notre Dame does not deserve you, which I would read as meaning "You're too good for them, Lilly! I think Notre Dame is overrated and that you're too cool for them!"

not to put words in chain's mouth, but...anyway.
*randomness*
i had 3 cans of coke today
I have way too much lotion (sorry, ed)
I miss my goldfish. I'm completely serious. we have a goldfish at my house in RI, where I'm from, and she's like 8 years old now. She was just a little feeder fish when we got her but she's like 8 inches long now. she's cool!
smile.gif

*end randomness*

[This message has been edited by Bbug (edited 04-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Bbug:
Wait...I thought chain said you deserve better than Notre Dame! *goes back to read thread*

Anyway, congratulations! *confetti* It's a tough school to get into. But that being said, come to McGill. It's fun, it's in montreal, the drinking age is 18 and...um, we have nice architecture. Also, there are lots of U2 fans and we get bad U2 covers by bands during frosh week!
Not that I'm trying to be pushy...

edited to say: chain said Notre Dame does not deserve you, which I would read as meaning "You're too good for them, Lilly! I think Notre Dame is overrated and that you're too cool for them!"

[This message has been edited by Bbug (edited 04-04-2002).]

Heee heee, I know that NOW....I obviously don't know how to read! I thought it was the other way around, like it's too good for me, and my joy was hampered. But THEN I saw the new response and BAM! I yeah, I posted in there about me being an ass and all...I hope chain doesn't resign as a fan....that would make me sad like this
frown.gif

krak-donkey-th.jpg
<----me in that post

Thanks for the congrats tho....but I'm committed to the University o'South Dakota. (Please don't mock me....)

------------------

Notre Dame = five minutes from my house
However, I am not there during the school year, cos I am HERE
So, yeah.
CONGRATS on making it in, even if you're not going, it's damn hard to get in there.
If you have any questions about South Bend let me know
wink.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Kristie:

If you have any questions about South Bend let me know
wink.gif

Do you know Lemonite?
icon16.gif

No, no, on second thought, best not answer that....

------------------

Originally posted by Lilly:

Today I got accepted to Notre Dame.

Cool! Congratulations Lilly!
Do you have any idea what you're going to study?

Beebs I'm going back to school next year. Maybe I should come to McGill! LOL!

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

shmoos were these creatures in Li'l Abner, they loved to give people anything they needed/wanted and died of happiness if anyone who looked at them was hungry. Basically, everytime shmoos came into li'l abners town everyone got all lethargic and stopped working, the lesson being, i guess, that having everything you want isn't good.

Anyway.

really, I didn't know that, it's actually my friend's nickname....

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Beebs Randomness:
I miss Love Boat reruns on TVLand. When I get home, I'm going to start watching them again. My favourite character is Isaac, the doctor guy creeps me out and the rest just are boring. Anyway.
*sings* The Love Boat..
Exciting and new
Come aboard..we're waiting for you!

How sad is it that I know that? LOL

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

food
adam
food
adam
wow this thinking business is hard work
blank, ahhhh thats better

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

u glorify the past while the future dries up.

Kristie Randomness:
After my two hours of sleep, which came after being intensely involved wiht Bono for four hours, I woke up today in a Bono frame of mind.
I managed to bring him up or say something Bono-like in EVERY SINGLE CLASS today.
Such as... we were talking about poverty in German, and my prof lady said it wasn't a world problem... enter Third World Debt Rant Auf Deutsch!
Also in german my partner for our final Project (Kevin) asked me if I listen to Run DMC. I say no. He says "Well you suck. And your favorite band sucks too! And the Edge is gay! He looks like a psycho cat burglar!"
Stuff like that is to be expected from Kevin, he has a lot of anger bottled up inside. I tore him a new arsehole anyway.
Aand I was saying something deep and really metaphorical in English about how when the muse says your favorite riff in a song is shit, you have to change your favorite riff cos you're a slave to the music that sounded very BonoLike.
anyway, that is all.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam

Originally posted by Kristie:
Aand I was saying something deep and really metaphorical in English about how when the muse says your favorite riff in a song is shit, you have to change your favorite riff cos you're a slave to the music that sounded very BonoLike.

very profound twin
smile.gif

Some randomness:

I pissed away yet another afternoon today
smile.gif

I don't feel like going out tonight and I hope no one invites me anywhere...

I have WAY too much stuff to do again this weekend..boo schoolwork at the end of the semester

I got really scared in the stacks last night cause there was someone else there and they were making noise but I couldn't see who it was...I grabbed the books I needed and ran out of there...I was seriously scared

I'm cold right now cause the air conditioning blows right on me when I'm at my desk

I would like to find my Adam...someday my prince will come
wink.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Oh no, scary stacks!
Um, this is randomness for mah twin. She wanted to see the Extremely Hot (and very very good) Bass Player I had the hugest crush on two years ago. This is a bad picture, it's a still from a videotape that I happen to have on this computer.
333%3B276323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232393888463nu0mrj

all the girls wanted his bod

and while I'm at it, his best friend Paul the German Exchange Student, whose bod was also sought far and wide... and a lot of girls got it, from what I understand. Oh, that chick there's me
wink.gif
Junior year in high school... I look exactly the same, 'cept I got a perm now and no braces.
333%3B276323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232393887%3B9%3Cnu0mrj

------------------
~ALOTWU!~

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 04-05-2002).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
why do spouses cheat on one another?!
mad.gif
And why does it have to be happening to two of my dear friends!!!
frown.gif

*warning* boat load o'cusses coming:

Yea, it must be bad when it's your friends, but it's a lot fucking worse when it's your parents!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
ug, nevermind...

*huh, that wasn't as much swearing as I thought was going to happen, I suppose I could add some, hell damn fart. There, that's good stuff!

------------------

lalala lalalalala lalala lalalala

can't get you outta my head

Oh why is the world so cruel that I get that song stuck in my head.

Why is it whenever I plan to do something productive, I end here posting and get nothing done.

Edge should sing more.
*Sunday Bloody Sunday Edgie fuzzies*

------------------
Daisy

return to PLEBA randomness...

I called my sister Bono yesterday (her name is Bonnie)

When I was typing our info on priceline.com for our plane tickets, I typed her name as Bono Carlson, thank goodness I noticed

I ate some super spicy chicken fingers yesterday and I'm paying for it today
frown.gif

I ate barbequed (sp?) bologna for the first time in Oklahoma
frown.gif

A fly flew out of some flowers during my Dad's service and landed on him...I was the only one who saw it. I was horrified when it happened but I can only laugh about it now

I'm so glad to be back where I belong
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:

Why is it whenever I plan to do something productive, I end here posting and get nothing done.

Lilly's moral dilemma:

Should I:

a. Do biology homework?
b. Apply for scholarships?
c. Do homework at all?
d. Or post at interference?

'd' tends to be my answer.... and my grade....*bah dum pum bum*

drfront.jpg

------------------

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I'm so glad to be back where I belong
biggrin.gif

We're glad to have you back
smile.gif

And like Daisy, I too, have a compulsive need to post here instead of doing work (this post is an example of that) so, I'm glad I'm not alone
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 04-05-2002).]

Originally posted by hippyactress:
We're glad to have you back
smile.gif

And like Daisy, I too, have a compulsive need to post here instead of doing work (this post is an example of that) so, I'm glad I'm not alone
biggrin.gif

Pssst Hippy it's compulsive postitus....there is no cure.

A good way to stop posting is to come to chat

wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

Originally posted by daisybean:

Pssst Hippy it's compulsive postitus....there is no cure.

A good way to stop posting is to come to chat

wink.gif

Hehe...is that what it is?
wink.gif

And how well I know about chat...I'll be there later on, but I told myself I absolutely HAD to get work done before anymore play time
biggrin.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom