Pleban Girls Party - We Just can't get enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Molly Bloom said:
that tongue guy is boromir :D
brother of faramir

Vp feels about LOTR the way I feel about Harry Potter (Although I don't often say much about it around here... but it's true. I'm proud I've never read any of the books or seen the films. )

ahh well i make up for your not liking the books and movie
i actually have an lotr tattoo even :D
i have loved the books since i was 10

Molly Bloom said:

hahah well...
001_1.jpg

when i was at sundance last year people thought i was the girl in amelie
and when i have long hair i get liz hurley a lot

i am not going to complain but i dont think i am nearly that pretty

You do look like that girl from Amelie! Her hair is a bit darker though I think if I remember right. But I think your very pretty. :yes: You have a very classic look. Like the starlets from the 40's and 50s. :heart:

I wouldn't say I have many celebrity crushes, but I enjoy looking at people. I think I look at people alot, but I'm usually thinking about photographing them. I often look at peoples hands and faces. You can tell alot by a persons hands and what they do with them when they speak.

But I guess I am a whore for hawt people. :lol: There are just way to many beautiful men and women in the world. :drool:

Tolkein is my Hero, FYI - I've learned a great deal about my craft from the him. And I have all the movies.

it's a 'follow the crowd' mass marketing thing which VP found offsetting, I believe. and frankly, so did I. and that is what I dislike about Harry Potter

Russty Cat said:

You do look like that girl from Amelie! Her hair is a bit darker though I think if I remember right. But I think your very pretty. :yes: You have a very classic look. Like the starlets from the 40's and 50s. :heart:

I wouldn't say I have many celebrity crushes, but I enjoy looking at people. I think I look at people alot, but I'm usually thinking about photographing them. I often look at peoples hands and faces. You can tell alot by a persons hands and what they do with them when they speak.

But I guess I am a whore for hawt people. :lol: There are just way to many beautiful men and women in the world. :drool:

yes, my hair is its nature dark colour now... i think people call it darkest auburn or sommat...

i get celeb crushes all the time but they usually only last a week tops...

Drea said:

*G* That depends on who's playing him :wink: Are you watching one of the most recent A&E ones?

oh the newest ones with david suchet...
i adore him
i aspire to be the kind of woman poirot would love!

Molly Bloom said:
ahh well i make up for your not liking the books and movie
i actually have an lotr tattoo even :D
i have loved the books since i was 10

Molly you should just stop speaking now. Seriously save yourself while you can. I seriously could start getting a big old crush on you! :lol: I have a silver one ring thumbring that I've been wearing for eons now. What is your tattoo and where is it?

:D aww russty!
it is on my lower back and there is a moon on one side and a sun on the other and in between it says "not all who wander are lost" in tengwar elvish :D

Sad_Girl said:
Tolkein is my Hero, FYI - I've learned a great deal about my craft from the him. And I have all the movies.

it's a 'follow the crowd' mass marketing thing which VP found offsetting, I believe. and frankly, so did I. and that is what I dislike about Harry Potter

It was probably partly that, but also partly because I don't enjoy the genre. I've gone this many years without seeking the books out, and I'm certainly not going to just because there was a series of movies made about them.

In the case of Harry Potter, Sarah started reading them very early on, before the massive wave of popularity occured. She was immediately drawn into the world and insisted that I read it as well. While I enjoy the stories and think they're very well written, I'm not as caught up as some. And again, I've never seen any of these movies either, although I intend to some day.

She has said hundreds of times, as recently as two days ago, that she's still awaiting her owl letter from Hogwarts. She's convinced the owl made a wrong turn and is furiously searching for her. :lol:

Molly Bloom said:
:D aww russty!
it is on my lower back and there is a moon on one side and a sun on the other and in between it says "not all who wander are lost" in tengwar elvish :D

Thats very cool! Is it your only tattoo?

QI54752-vi.jpg

Larry eye candy I found in my photobucket account. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

It was probably partly that, but also partly because I don't enjoy the genre. I've gone this many years without seeking the books out, and I'm certainly not going to just because there was a series of movies made about them.

In the case of Harry Potter, Sarah started reading them very early on, before the massive wave of popularity occured. She was immediately drawn into the world and insisted that I read it as well. While I enjoy the stories and think they're very well written, I'm not as caught up as some. And again, I've never seen any of these movies either, although I intend to some day.

She has said hundreds of times, as recently as two days ago, that she's still awaiting her owl letter from Hogwarts. She's convinced the owl made a wrong turn and is furiously searching for her. :lol:

:uhoh: remind me not to have you help proofread certain manuscripts for me :wink:

:laugh: I love the genre; although I love horror/suspense just as much. Most or at least many of my stories tend to run somewhere in between.

Drea said:

He's a really good Poirot :yes:

he is perfect!
when i was about 8, evil under the sun with david soul was my fave movie...
now i know that he wasnt the best poirot
but david suchet is perfect!!

VintagePunk said:

:lol: I'm sure Sarahs owl will find her someday.

I never really got into the whole HP thing. I've tried reading the first book, but really couldn't get into it. I saw the movies because Mini-cat wanted to and I previewed them to make sure they wouldn't be to scary for her.

I got into LOTR more because of the themes behind the stories. I think they have a good message and alot of reedemming value for kids and young adults. Our pastor at church even talked about how he thought Tolkein was great because he got kids to read and discuss important issues. I love the LOTR films and was so sad when they ended.

Russty Cat said:

:lol: I'm sure Sarahs owl will find her someday.

I never really got into the whole HP thing. I've tried reading the first book, but really couldn't get into it. I saw the movies because Mini-cat wanted to and I previewed them to make sure they wouldn't be to scary for her.

I got into LOTR more because of the themes behind the stories. I think they have a good message and alot of reedemming value for kids and young adults. Our pastor at church even talked about how he thought Tolkein was great because he got kids to read and discuss important issues. I love the LOTR films and was so sad when they ended.

have you read the sil? or the hobbit?
there are also 12 histories of middle earth to dig through...
so many things to read :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:uhoh: remind me not to have you help proofread certain manuscripts for me :wink:

:laugh: I love the genre; although I love horror/suspense just as much. Most or at least many of my stories tend to run somewhere in between.

If it had horror/suspense in the mix, it might be something I'd go for. And I'd certainly read it regardless, because you wrote it. :)

And you know how I feel about King :drool: and I *think* we've discussed King vs. Rice?

I love that pic with Oprah! I hadn't seen that one before! Too cute with her wearing his glasses! :lol:

36772474-L.jpg

I'd love to be the meat in this sandwich! :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

If it had horror/suspense in the mix, it might be something I'd go for. And I'd certainly read it regardless, because you wrote it. :)

And you know how I feel about King :drool: and I *think* we've discussed King vs. Rice?

Yeah; I think we have :lol: I know I talk about both of them a lot, at least.

And actually there is one Horror writer I actually admire as much and whose work I enjoy even more than King or Rice and that's Dean Koontz :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom