PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X-Men First Class (I think you mean) is fun! I liked it more than the later X-Mens with waaaaaaay too much Halle Berry :yawn: Plus it has the Best Hugh Jackman cameo ever. :D (Origins was the Wolverine movie which I never saw but heard was terrible.)

Comic-con is madness, but if you're up for madness, it's fun. :wink:

And WAY EXCITED for Man of Steel. Should be a good one hopefully. My youngest kid who's a HUGE Superman freak is about to go mental if this movie doesn't come out soon. She knows the comics, movies, etc inside out so she's eagerly awaiting this.

Also fan of the original series, and yeah there are some good and some bad things about the reboot. I did think it was pretty clever the way they altered the timeline, so that nothing has really changed that happened in the original series, both timelines are still valid, that was clever! But yeah Spock and Uhura is weird. Everyone knows it was Uhura and Scotty. :wink:
Some of the reboot stuff is really great. I think they cast it very well and these actors are doing a good job capturing what that crew might have been like when they were younger. What ISN'T working for me is the way they are trying to cram in and mirror some incidents and storyline from the OS, that worked for the older, experienced crew that had long friendships and history, that these younger versions just don't have yet. I'd rather see them having different experiences we haven't seen before, rather than the same things the older crew did. It's not making much sense to expect them to act the way older characters did in the OS Star Trek movies (in their forties/fifties), when these characters are all only in their twenties and barely know each other yet.

:reject: And thaT'S MY geek-rant.

That was cute.

Geek Rants! :applaud:

I really liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine, except for the Deadpool factor (he terrifies me, always has... but I don't know why).

I agree with you about First Class, but still enjoyed the other films (Patrick Stewart. that's all I'm saying. :shifty:)

Probably not gonna see Man of Steel, at least until it's out on DVD, as I don't like Superman. He's a arrogant booger. (my opinion, please don't kill me! :reject:)

Have never seen any episodes of Star Trek TOS, but I do love TNG because of Data. :shifty:

I want to go to Comic-Con. Very much so. :sad: :sigh: Maybe someday.

*hides*

I've decided there reboots are all the same - FANFICTION! JJ didn't create those characters - or at least the main characters. But he took them and had to be true to the original or be flayed by a fandom (which some have anyway). Man of Steel, the Spider-Man movies, Batman......it's all fanfiction.....that they are getting paid for.

Maybe there is hope for me yet.

And the movie was amazing. SO MUCH EYE CANDY!!! It was like my Magic Mike. Seriously.

Haha fanfiction. :lol: Well the ones that make up their own story like the first JJ Star Trek, yes. (Though like I said before, I enjoyed that one more because they did their own thing instead of copying a classic.) But if the movie tries to follow an established comic or something then that's different. But I think ANYthing in the geeky genre of comic book, etc. will be flayed by somebody somewhere, as there will always be the ginormous obsessive freaks in every single fandom. :lol: So all in all I guess the more (movies) the merrier. Some are going to get it right for some, and some will get it right enough for others, but there's probably something fun for everybody somewhere in it all. :up:

bono5-16-20133.jpg

Sooo, what the feck's goin' on in that pic? :lol: Two different dye jobs and curls?

I've decided there reboots are all the same - FANFICTION! JJ didn't create those characters - or at least the main characters. But he took them and had to be true to the original or be flayed by a fandom (which some have anyway). Man of Steel, the Spider-Man movies, Batman......it's all fanfiction.....that they are getting paid for.

And the movie was amazing. SO MUCH EYE CANDY!!! It was like my Magic Mike. Seriously.

They are totally fanfiction. Directors who do reboots are fanboys- some more than others. The only difference is they have money to pay for the licensing.

And I know exactly where that fun was for some of you. :shifty::wink:

It was a trifecta of beefcake. I went totally to gaze at Benedict being an evil badass - but Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto were very pleasant to watch.

Baby went CRAZY through the entire film. My estrogen levels must have peaked.

Ok I swear I posted a brownie recipe in the food thread but now it's not there. I hope I didn't post it in the wrong thread somewhere. :reject:

Been a long time, but back on the blue craick:D Hey girls! And hey too, to the occasional bloke wandering in here.:wave:
How are you all doing ? Hope all is well, and safe?

I had a little break from extreme U2 fandom but I'm getting the fever back again. With the new rumours and such. Can't wait to hear anything new.

Now I need an update:
Bono is still fat, old , and he still tells lies right?

Then I have not missed anything! :shifty:

if anyone wants this effin heatwave you can have it, I´m done with it :angry:

fun to sleep outside in a tent tho :D

Tents make the heat 10 times worse! I can´t wait to go to Rock Werchter Festival this year. But the camping , when its 32 degrees Celcius... Not cool.
As fas as the cold concerned Jari, you can have some. Plenty of clouds and rain here.

" Bonocomet, I´m no superman fan. But the villain looks great. Nice costume . I love costumes, armor etc.

Been a long time, but back on the blue craick:D Hey girls! And hey too, to the occasional bloke wandering in here.:wave:
How are you all doing ? Hope all is well, and safe?

I had a little break from extreme U2 fandom but I'm getting the fever back again. With the new rumours and such. Can't wait to hear anything new.

Now I need an update:
Bono is still fat, old , and he still tells lies right?

Then I have not missed anything! :shifty:

Oh Domo....those are fighting words about B-Man. Not that I disagree completely....but had you said that in the protective U2 ARE ALWAYS AWESOME bubble of Pleba - I know a few people that would have freaked the fuck out.

domo :wave:

And yes, you haven't missed a thing. Still a fat lying old bastard. :drool:

:wink:

And poor misunderstood Superman. :sad: Maybe this movie will earn him a few more fans. And Zod is a very cool villain.

fanfic! :lol:

:reject: reject: reject: reject:

Is it November 23 yet?

:reject: reject: reject: reject:
oh thank god NOT !!! :no: :no:

i realize that's Dr Who related...i understand completely but I never want to be latish fall with last month of Spring, plus summer still pending. Nope!

Why the move, tara? :hug:
They are totally fanfiction. Directors who do reboots are fanboys- some more than others. The only difference is they have money to pay for the licensing.

:lol: yep!

Oh Domo....those are fighting words about B-Man. Not that I disagree completely....but had you said that in the protective U2 ARE ALWAYS AWESOME bubble of Pleba - I know a few people that would have freaked the fuck out.

I know I could pull it off here, since all of your sarcasm detectors are already installed... So this was the final rehearsal. Where's that bubble of peole you mention. :wink:

domo :wave:

And yes, you haven't missed a thing. Still a fat lying old bastard. :drool:

And poor misunderstood Superman. :sad: Maybe this movie will earn him a few more fans. And Zod is a very cool villain.

I will still go to the movie anyway. I have a friend who I always go to the cinema with, and we are quite the nerds!
So any comic hero, or superhero movie out there is a must-visit for us.
Even if we don't know for sure if we like it.

(Ohjeah... And we just saw a this kind of hot dude in the trailer :wink: Which might help too)

:wave::wave: in case anyone is still here

comet :hug: , domo-k (welcome back), Grace (how are you feeling? how many more months?) :hug:

Hey Dazz! :hug:

if anyone wants this effin heatwave you can have it, I´m done with it :angry:

fun to sleep outside in a tent tho : D

oh wow! what is a heat wave for you northernish Fins?

:hyper: JJ, you'll love this! (and anyone else intersted in farther North areas light conditions etc that didn't read my earlier post which has some of this info)

My sis went to Alaska a week ago. Anchorage; then she's boating 3 stops till Vancouver (Canada (then flys back), so one not too far from Anchorage, Juneo will be the last of Alaska (maybe one in-between...).

So there is this great site: :nerd: alert >>>

giasma.com

...that will give you a list of sunrise/sunset, possibly the highest the sun will get in the sky (that also appears on a second more confusing graph which I'm just learning to decypher! lol).

BUT THE BEST is a visual graph of dawn/sunrise/day/dusk/night!!!

When I first took a look at home ( before I had trouble with my plug for computer/battery recharge) ....
I was was like WOOOOAAHHH!!! Now, she won't be there for it but Anchorage gets the BIG LONG DUSK "overnight" almost just like you do, JJ except for only about a month! It looks so "freaky" on the chart!

She did tell me that she was told she was either going to have 17 or 19 hours of daylight! :ohmy: :lol:

I looked it up and it seems that there are about 4 hours of pure night.
But their Dusk and Dawns last about an hour! Where here in NYC area (North east in general) each of these are about a 1/2 hour each!

The other thing is that I think if I read more complex chart correctly-- the sun doesn't get much higher than about ? 57° high in the sky where as in NYC it is about 75° high with a bit higher by june 21 ( about) 78° .

She asked before she left and was told she probably wouldn't see any Aurora Borealis. :sad: I admit I'd be envious but also excited for her so I went to this site:

Aurora Forecast | Geophysical Institute

I was able to read it/ look at the charts etc and she she does have a bit of a chance-- maybe not so much while she was in Anchorage (though if it got to Moderate level maybe if she looked north on the horizon- though the city's light might be too much) but maaaaybe on the boat away from the lights and if it's moderate and especially if it hits the Active stage ( they go way up to Active High+++, then Maximum) she'll have a chance! :hyper:

So i sent her the site, and some of the maps for low - Active AB stages screen grab attachments. I still wanted her to have the best chance possible!

ANd in fact JJ you gave her (via me) a totally unknown to us fact when you posted a few AB photos where it was mid to deep Dusk! I had NO idea you could even see them under those conditions!

The ONLY AB's I've ever seen in still photography and videos were in pitch black night!

//ends :nerd: alert

Because she's not spending the very expense fees for wifi tech on the boat between this past Mon eve till maybe Fri or so she could see one but won't be able to tell me till she gets to Vancouver!

unless...........

:shifty:

I expect JJ to post a picture of a pigeon with a message tied to it's leg or in the other direction some high-tech gadget! If not you shirking off on yer job,! :tsk:

lol

I know I could pull it off here, since all of your sarcasm detectors are already installed... So this was the final rehearsal. Where's that bubble of peole you mention. :wink:

I will still go to the movie anyway. I have a friend who I always go to the cinema with, and we are quite the nerds!
So any comic hero, or superhero movie out there is a must-visit for us.
Even if we don't know for sure if we like it.

(Ohjeah... And we just saw a this kind of hot dude in the trailer :wink: Which might help too)

I hope it will be a good one anyway. My poor Superman-obsessed daughter is going crazy waiting LOL, so she's got us all excited about it. She's loved Superman in most forms since she was little, including the comics so she knows the stories very well. She thinks this one is looking to do justice to the Superman tradition.

comet-- well that sound cool about the new Superman movie, and your younger daughter ranking it ! The trailers are quite impressive.

Re New Trek very interesting comments abut the reactions and stuff about the characters being more in their later stages of working together /friendships etc

hoping to see it next week or so.

Oooo, I have a confirmed date to go see Into Darkness with a friend next Saturday. She's not a fangirl but I don't think she'll tell if I squee a little bit. :heart: Evil Benedict! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom