PGP: Ringing in the New Year with New U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I definitely wanted a platform, as I know they're a tad more comfortable on the balls of the feet.

I didn't think I had any interest in seeing MI, but I've been hearing nothing but great things about it, so maybe I'll have to go see it.

Same here, I don't even remember if I've seen any of the other ones. But it sounds like something to do, and it's been a while since I had movie popcorn. :drool: And I need to get it in before my diet starts tomorrow. OH HA! :wink:

(I really am going to try to get in better shape this year though. :reject: My resolutions seldom get very far, but I have to try. LOL)

I am so proud of Lil' CK. He has his own $$ from Xmas, and while at Walmart yesterday, he decided to make his first purchase. He bought the remastered October cd. ($9) He has been listening to it practically nonstop, and upon hearing from Mr CK that U2 sang "Gloria" at Vertigo Cleveland and we missed it (had to do Vertigo Pittsburgh instead as I was carrying Lil CK at the time), he promptly asked us to see it. And of course, we have a dvd bootleg of that show courtesy of a very good friend of mine who made me a copy of her multicam.

Needless to say, my son is in a VERY good mood today and has been behaving all day! :lol:

Aw that's awesome CK :cute: That's how I felt when my daughters became U2 fans, they both had a sudden turn into instant huge U2 fandom (upon me dragging them to U23D with me, and it blew them both away completely unexpectedly, they were totally hooked. :D ) It was awesome.

Awwww! That's adorable. :cute:

I didn't worry about what I ate this week leading up to fitting into a sassy dress .... that's why I have Spanx. :wink:

A friend sent me a bunch of Christmas treats and cookies that showed up this past week, and I've been inhaling them. I've been on a sugar overdose most of the week. Oof.

Same here. I think there's enough sweets in this house to last another month too, so it's going to be a battle for me next week! I was going to wear a shirt yesterday that's usually baggy on me and it was tight. :scream: I had to drown my sorrows at the French bakery. :lol:

I am so proud of Lil' CK. He has his own $$ from Xmas, and while at Walmart yesterday, he decided to make his first purchase. He bought the remastered October cd. ($9) He has been listening to it practically nonstop, and upon hearing from Mr CK that U2 sang "Gloria" at Vertigo Cleveland and we missed it (had to do Vertigo Pittsburgh instead as I was carrying Lil CK at the time), he promptly asked us to see it. And of course, we have a dvd bootleg of that show courtesy of a very good friend of mine who made me a copy of her multicam.

Needless to say, my son is in a VERY good mood today and has been behaving all day! :lol:

Awwwwww :cute:

If I ever have a kids, I starting them off early. I have a cd of U2 songs made into instrumental lullabies :wink:

If I ever have a kids, I starting them off early. I have a cd of U2 songs made into instrumental lullabies :wink:

I just had her listen to U2. We didn't even futz with lullabies. Velvet Dress, Blue Room, Bass Trap....those are tame for babies. And kids love MW and Elevation. :cute:

I'm in same boat. I ate WAY too much of everything. Thank goodness it is only once a year! :huh:

I want to get that cd for when FroBaby is born...it wasnt around back when I had Lil' CK. He used to fall asleep if I put the Zooropa album on, oddly enough. :lol:

(He also slept quite well through some Pink Floyd albums up through about age 3!)

Oooooooookay, the shoes might be a bust. I can walk in them, but after standing in them 10 minutes while playing with my hair, my feet hurt already. Booooooo.

I have some rose-colored pumps that I can wear for several hours without pain, but they're kind of summery. Le sigh.

On the plus side, I have a new hair cut (lots of shorter layers), and I think I can make it look fun and sassy with a curling iron, so I've got that going for me.

I'm kind of sad about that, but on the other hand, I don't know that I have a lot I could wear the shoes with, so it's for the best that I'll probably be returning them. (And the black platform pumps I'd gotten.)

True better you found out now before you wore them out tonight and were uncomfortable AND couldn't return them if the bottoms were scuffed. Money back is good.

I bought a shit-ton of stuff shopping yesterday. Already I've identified three things (not even counting these two pairs of shoes) that can go back. :lol: I went a little overboard, but at least I can fix it a bit.

They already were yesterday - almost every store I went to, the cashiers were all "I love your nails!" Ha.

Oooooooookay, the shoes might be a bust. I can walk in them, but after standing in them 10 minutes while playing with my hair, my feet hurt already. Booooooo.

I have some rose-colored pumps that I can wear for several hours without pain, but they're kind of summery. Le sigh.

On the plus side, I have a new hair cut (lots of shorter layers), and I think I can make it look fun and sassy with a curling iron, so I've got that going for me.

Pictures or it did not happen....the haircut that is.

we had 3 in past year about 2.5-2.9 small ones and thats really really rare here as bedrock is soo old and deep, 1 broke my chimney just last winter :|

before that we had one like 150 years ago

Ooh yikes glad it was nothing serious CK! We get them here in San Diego of course, but you never get used to them, it's always freaky when solid ground suddenly isn't. that just never isn't freaky. :crack:

I've thought long and hard, and have decided on my New Year's resolution.

1920x1080.

:wink:

:lol:

:cute::cute::cute:

We just had a FREAKING earthquake here.
Magnitude 4.0 - YOUNGSTOWN-WARREN URBAN AREA, OHIO

Our whole house shook, pics are all crooked on the walls, and some stuff fell off shelves. So totally not cool. :huh:
:eek:

is that usual in your area ? :scratch:
No, I don't think that's the normal thing for Ohio.

Cori: sorry about the super-cute shoes being uncomfortable.

Happy New Years Eve everyone! :dance:

:hyper: almost happy new year, JJ!

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: CK :yikes: :hug:

fuck, sooooooooooooooooo scary.

well there is a fault line in Missourri New Madris :crack: But EQs in the Ohio area as far as I know are NOT the regular thing!
Like wehn we got one just a bit north of NYC! :ohmy:

yay for shopping and returning stuff cori :applaud:

Ooh yikes glad it was nothing serious CK! We get them here in San Diego of course, but you never get used to them, it's always freaky when solid ground suddenly isn't. that just never isn't freaky. :crack:

I'm glad you said that... I've heard people from LA & SF SAY>>> "oh it's just a 2.3 or something" in a BLAISE way....

2.3 HERE in NYC area is :ohmy: :yikes: :crack:

Earthquake Felt Across The Youngstown-Warren Region - WKBN - 27 First News - Local News - Youngstown, Warren, Columbiana, Ohio - Sharon, Pennsylvania

And no, this is NOT normal around here. The last one was back in '98. We've had 11 since March due to this new "shale drilling" stuff that they've been doing...time to get on the phone w/the politicians and tell them that jobs aren't worth this! The last few were in the 2.5-3.0 tremor range. This one was a huge BOOM and caused pics to go crooked and stuff to fall off shelves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom