PGP: Hot Bono in the Summertime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you were around to see some of the posts from the past few weeks, but my mom isn't doing well, so that's sort of been my focus lately, spending lots of time with her. How about you?

I'm only like 5 minutes from her. My sister is maybe 10 - 15. My brother, who has been absent for several years now, he was shamed into visiting again, and I'm not really sure how far he is, I don't know where he lives now (do I sound a little bitter? :wink: ). But yeah, it's me and my sister. I was off work for nearly two weeks, a week and a bit ago. Back to work now because I have to pay bills and eat, but I`ll probably need more time off in the forseeable future.

Thanks. :hug:

Is she responding to the new treatments? I know they were going to do a scan.

Would you like two dogs to keep you company?

Maurice (kitty) update: We found out he has pancreatis (or however you spell it) We got meds and stuff for him today and special foods, but it remains to be seen if he'll eat. He's stopped eating and drinking and just seems to be shutting down. :sigh: Hopefully he'll respond to meds and feel good enough to eat. He's been such an awesome cat. He's getting up there though, probably around 15 or so. I feel bad that I hardly ever see him anymore too. :(

Since when is Bono a huge Broadway fan?

Jordan Roth ‏@Jordan_Roth

Tonight in @BookOfMormonBWY, when Elder Cunningham sang "Just like Bono! I am Africa!" guess who clapped his hands above his head?... BONO!

Is she responding to the new treatments? I know they were going to do a scan.

Would you like two dogs to keep you company?

The new treatment is another hormone blocker pill...which is what she's been on for 3 1/2 years, since it was first diagnosed. The first one reversed a lot of the cancer, but didn't completely cure it (they can't, they don't cure, they only control), and he told us at the time that it may stop working and he'd have to switch her to a different one. That's what's happened, but unfortunately, it has spread quite a bit, and we don't know if, given her age and other health conditions, this new one will work.

She had the scan, which is supposed to provide a baseline for where she is now, so that they can scan again after the 8 weeks or so it's supposed to take the drug to work, and see if the cancer has reduced. We have an appointment with him Friday morning to see how things are going.

Her oncologist initially seemed optimistic. When she was hospitalized here in town a few days later, all medical people seemed considerably less so. If I hear the phrase "palliative care" one more time before I feel she is ready for it, I may go postal.

So...we shall see what her oncologist has to say on Friday. I'm trying to stay as positive as realistically possible, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Maurice (kitty) update: We found out he has pancreatis (or however you spell it) We got meds and stuff for him today and special foods, but it remains to be seen if he'll eat. He's stopped eating and drinking and just seems to be shutting down. :sigh: Hopefully he'll respond to meds and feel good enough to eat. He's been such an awesome cat. He's getting up there though, probably around 15 or so. I feel bad that I hardly ever see him anymore too. :(

NOOOOO. That's not allowed, Maurice has to stay well. You hear that, universe?? :(

Tonight in @BookOfMormonBWY, when Elder Cunningham sang "Just like Bono! I am Africa!" guess who clapped his hands above his head?... BONO!

If he went to see that, he has good taste. Partly from paying attention to Spider Man, and partly from things like Twitter, it sounds like Book of Mormon is an amazing show.

Okay, I'm warning y'all that I'm about to go on a massive rant/whine/pity party. I came home from work already feeling a little off and I walked into a fucking shitstorm left by my dogs.

So, my dogs have been jerks lately. I may have posted about them destroying the house when they get bored. We keep them in the kitchen away from the trash. There is a baby gate that separates them from it. Today, the trash was close enough for them to PULL THE TRASH BAG FROM THE CAN AND DRAG INTO THE KITCHEN. Of course, I scold them as calmly as possible since my daughter is watching me with eagle eyes. Well, the little one pees all over the floor and sits it in. So now I have to wash him, mop the floor and pick up trash. After I bathe him, he stands on the towel and pees again. I have never wanted to kill something with my bare hands before. So, as I'm tearing around the kitchen picking up and unloading the dishwasher, washing other dishes - I snap.

And I just about start to cry. I don't because my daughter is home and watching her show - so I don't need to freak her out. But I had that moment where you realize that your life feels incredibly small. That you've done nothing of real importance and your impact is tiny. A George Bailey moment, if you will. But there's no angel to show you the way. You have to make hot dogs, clean the kitchen and get on with life.

I guess that is why people like me and my age group do stupid shit like run marathons and sign up for Spartan/Warrior races. Because that $3 medal means something. It means we did something extraordinary. For a moment, we stepped out of very uninspiring lives and pushed a little harder. I know my 17 year old self would be disappointed how I squandered my 'greatness'. Of course, all our teenage selves thought we would change the world. Be a trail blazer. Bring peace and cure disease. Most days, I'm trying to get by with my sanity. And that is how I feel today. Pointless and insignificant. And I had to put it here because I can't post it to FB. My husband would freak out. And I haven't used Live Journal in years. So I came here.

Sorry for venting - I was just a top ready to lose it. Like mushroom cloud meltdown lose it. I think I need to go for a run even though my legs are lead - but I have to burn some anger.

I know exactly how you feel. Massive :hug:

I'm only like 5 minutes from her. My sister is maybe 10 - 15. My brother, who has been absent for several years now, he was shamed into visiting again, and I'm not really sure how far he is, I don't know where he lives now (do I sound a little bitter? :wink: ). But yeah, it's me and my sister. I was off work for nearly two weeks, a week and a bit ago. Back to work now because I have to pay bills and eat, but I`ll probably need more time off in the forseeable future.

Thanks. :hug:

I hope your mom is doing better :hug:

:ohmy:

I wanna see this musical. Everyone says it's awesome, including one of my favorite tv writers (Kurt Sutter).

:grumpy:

While getting the lid to a smaller water cup for my mom, a whole bunch of shit (tupperware lids/travel mugs) fell on my head. Made a loud crash and everything.

Best part? The living room is right next to the kitchen, and I didn't even get a "are you alright?" from either parent. :happy:

My head hurts now, so I'm going to bed. :hug::heart::wave: G'night all. Love you.

Aw poor Tara! At least it was tupperware though, and not pottery, or china! :ohmy: Still not good though! :hug:

I just fell asleep here on the couch for awhile and woke up just now... now I'll probably be awake for awhile. :crack:

I'm not sure if you'll see this, VP, but I'm glad you stopped by tonight and gave us an update. I've been thinking of you a lot in the past few days and meant to send you a tweet or a message. :hug:

:hug: for your kitty, comet. I hope he starts to rally back soon!

Book of Mormon is by the South Park guys, so Bono either never saw That Episode or was amused by it. My BFF and I picked 5/10 to see Spiderman because it was Bono's birthday and it just seemed right, but it appears we picked the wrong week for going to Broadway!

Comet, my kitty had pancreatitis a few years ago. He got Fatty Liver Syndrome from not eating and losing weight too fast. He spent a few days in the hospital and had a feeding tube because he wouldn't eat. It was scary, but it recovered quickly once he started eating again. The tube feedings went well when I had him home, though I was horrified at first. But eating helped. That's the important thing. It's also why I now have pet insurance because that bill was about $3500 because I go to the most expensive vet in the area and they see me coming. My pets and I should have a wing named after us. Speedy recovery, Maurice! Mangia! Mangia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom