out of control pt 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Bono awoke and for a moment wondered where he was, then his sleepy gaze fell on Angie who was sitting up next to him hugging her hunched up knees and puffing on a cigarette, it had been the smell of the smoke wafting up his nostrils which had stirred him from his sleep in the first place.

He reached out to lightly stroke her bare arm, making her jump in startlement and swiftly glanced round at him

“Feck sake Bono don’t do that! You nearly made me jump out of my skin and drop my ciggie” she snapped hurriedly flicking at the ash that had dropped on the sheet

“Sorry” he apologised, now pulling himself into a sitting position, so he could look at her a little better in the semi darkness, “are you ok?”

“Yeah why shouldn’t I be?” Angie demanded, “I am getting used to you turning up in my life into the blue for a quickie, then disappearing again, so life is wonderful”

“That is not the main reason why I came to see you Ang… I did come to see how you were doing and to tell you about your mother, I thought you ought to know, y’know just in case you wanted to come back to Dublin to see her”.

“Well then you wasted your journey cos that is not going to happen, I never want to set eyes on either of them again, not even if they are friggin’ burying them” Angie replied bitterly

Bono’s hand s rested on her back and he could feel the tautness’ of her body and wanted to rub to away and make her relax, so his hand gently massaged her shoulder area

“So it’s that bad between you and your parents eh?”

“Yes it is, the old saying time heals old wounds just doesn’t apply here” Angie replied, “So if you don’t mind I really don’t want to talk about them.

“I’m sorry Angie I was only trying to help, cos I care about you” Bono replied feeling at loss and a little bewildered still by Angie’s attitude towards her parents, and why she refused to talk about exactly what was going on. As usual she went on the defensive

“So what is it you want from me Bono? Do you want me to fall into your arms and tell you that you are Mr wonderful for coming to try and sort out my life… my knight in shining armour, that we could have a wonderful life together and life happy ever after… sorry but I don’t believe in that bullshit” Angie took a deep draw from her cigarette in attempt to calm herself down

“That’s not what I am saying at all Angie” Bono replied quietly suddenly feeling saddened by her cynicism, he moved forward to look into her face letting his finger trace her hardened jaw line, “What has made you so mad at the world Angie? Why is it so hard for you to reach out to people that want to help you?”

“I take it when you say people you are actually referring to yourself?” Angie replied dryly

“Yeah” Bono finally replied after a pause “If you want to put it like that, sure I am talking about me; our relationship doesn’t have to be about one night quickies, as you so aptly put it… I am willing
to make it more meaningful, to be there for you if that’s what you need”

“I don’t know what I need or I want” Angie replied, “I thought I was starting to sort myself out get on top of things y’know, move on.

“She ran a hand through her tousled hair as if trying to sort out the mess going on in her head, he felt the tension in her body slacken as she continued

But it’s a helluva lot harder than I realised. There are some things I can’t seem to escape from, things you are better not knowing about Bono and I don’t know if there is a way out… and what is more I don’t know if you are the answer”

She turned to look at him, for the first time her expression softened, “Though part of me really wants you to be, and that scares the hell out of me,” she admitted

This revelation, did much to lift Bono’s spirits a little

“There is no need to be scared Angie, I am here for you, I always have been, you know that don’t you”

“Yes” she hesitated before adding; “I just can’t figure out why you bother, I’m not worth it” she turned to put the remainder of her cigarette out on the nearby table

“Well, why don’t you let me decide that” Bono replied planting a kiss on her cheek

“The way you came over all macho and assertive earlier I am not sure I have a choice” Angie grinned

Bono chuckled “I’m learning how to handle you Angie, I think I am starting to get the hang of it pretty good”

“Oh you think so do you?” she replied playfully, and grabbed her pillow and hit him with it “well handle this”

This resulted in some playful wrestling between both of them over the pillow which ended up with both of them tangled up in each other’s arms laughing and breathless

“You still so sure you can handle me?” Angie demanded challengingly as she lay on top of Bono a little breathless, “I am not going to make it easy for you” she warned

“Good” he replied his blue eyes raking her face with open desire, “I like a challenge” he informed her as he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her down closer so he could kiss her

***********************************************************************************

“Y’know some of this stuff is really good, I like your designs” Bono remarked the following morning.

Unlike the last time he was in no hurry to leave and happily sat around in Angie’s bed sit, he was glancing through some of her sketch pads at her cloth designs, whilst Angie made some feeble attempt to clean up around her, and make them tea and toast which she apologetically explained was all she had in her food cupboard.

“Ya think so?” Angie seemed amused, by Bono’s approval as she sat down the mug of tea and two rounds of toast in front of him then sat in the armchair facing him with her own

“Yeah, I reckon you will be a famous designer one day with movie stars banging on your door begging you to design them something”

Oh yeah I can just picture it” Angie grinned, but then looked more sober, “Though it’s not likely to happen in reality the way things are going”

“Hey C’mon have some faith in yourself” Bono told her.

Angie shook her head “What is the point when no one else does” Angie replied, “Especially not at college, it’s not quite turning out like I thought it would,” she admitted

“And why do you think that is?” Bono queried taking a sip from his mug of tea.

Angie shrugged “A lot of different things, I don’t see eye to eye with some of my college tutors and teacher’s , one in particular seems to think I have an attitude problem, just because I don’t agree with everything she says I don’t think she particularly likes me”

Knowing how Angie could be confrontational and antagonistic with those around her Bono wasn’t overly surprised to learn this and decided it was wiser not to comment.

“I am seriously considering packing it all in” Angie then informed him, “Just screw them all I don’t need the hassle”

“But it would be a shame to give it up now” Bono protested, “Not when you have come this far?”

Angie’s laugh was sarcastic

“Oh yeah just look at me in this grotty bed sit living a life of luxury… its bleedin’ great isn’t it”

“Things will get better, you just have to stick it out, make your dream a reality” Bono tried to remain optimistic

“Oh please” Angie put her hand up wanting him to stop, “This is my reality, my dream has turn sour… unlike yours… mine is not going to happen, it seems I have just exchanged one dead end for another... the story of my life” she sounded almost resigned to her fate, but then she stared at him, an idea seemed to be forming in her head

“That is unless-“ she broke of there and shook her head, “No, that idea is just too crazy

“What is it Angie?” Bono demanded

“I just had this really mad idea, buts it’s not likely to happen, it wouldn’t be right asking you anyway” Angie replied

“Just tell me what it is Angie and let me decide that” Bono told her, it was the first time she had asked anything from him, and he wasn’t going to let it go so easily

Angie give a small shrug of her shoulders, “It was really stupid” she tried to sound dismissive, “I was going to ask you to take me to America with you”

Bono was silent as he digested what she said, it was certainly not what he was expecting… but still he wasn’t going to dismiss it straight away.

“I told you it was a dumb idea,” Angie said as the silence lengthened, “just forget about it”

“It’s not that” Bono finally replied, “Actually the more I think of it, I think it’s a good idea, the opportunities the new experience… Widening your horizons, it might just be what you need”

Angie didn’t seem to quite believe he was actually taking her suggestion seriously, but now he was she got up to go over and sit next to him

“That’s exactly what I was thinking… maybe if I get to see a bit more of the world to travel further afield it can give me a different outlook and perspective in life… that’s what I really need, a chance an opportunity to broaden my horizons like you said, and whats even better I will be with you”

The bright hopeful tone in her voice compared to her earlier pessimistic attitude was all Bono needed to make up his mind, Angie would be going with him to America one way or the other.

yay you're back annj! hope you're doing great :) :)

this story is so great. :applaud: i'm glad angie and bono are getting along well :cute:

I am trying to write the next chapter just so much going on at the moment and I have only done a bit,

the good news is the op was a success and I can hear a lot better.. and now I am all hyped up to go to see u2 on saturday in Croke park, but I am surel ike YDW I will be greatly inspired when I get back:wink: :)

You lucky dog--seeing them in Croke Park--that would be a dream come true. I'm glad you are hearing much better! Take Care--Am anxiously waiting the next chapter in your story. I love young Bono. :heart: :bono:

Back
Top Bottom