out of control pt 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Bono was leaning on one elbow looking over into the sleeping Angie’s face who lay curled beside him on the sofa bed. Outside dawn was casting its first rays of light into the sky through the crack in the open curtains.

He had not meant for them to end up sleeping together, but now that it had happened he found he was not regretting it.

This time around their lovemaking had not been a rushed adolescent affair; they had grown more experienced from their youth, making it feel like it was the first time all over again in a better way
He wondered if Angie felt the same.

He shifted a little on his elbow to get more comfortable, it made her stir and eventually open her eyes, to find him still looking down at her smiling.

“Hey” her voice was still thick with sleep “What are you gawping at” she enquired good humouredly

“You of course” Bono replied, reaching out to push a stray strand of her blonde hair away from her face. “I was just thinking about how fate has thrown us together again after all this time, and we end up like this, again”

She reached up with her hand to explore his chest where his shirt lay opened and unbuttoned

“Hmmm, I think it was a nice way to end up actually” her smile was catlike a filled with satisfaction, “like a fine wine you have improved with age”
Bono chuckled “Wow a compliment from you… you don’t know how flattered I am” he drawled teasingly

“Why don’t you show me?” Angie purred as she shifted under him, her lips brushing against the warm bare skin of his neck

He was only to happily comply…

(Please use your imagination here)

“So you are of to Scotland? Very nice” Angie remarked as she half sat up on the bed settee watching Bono hurriedly struggle into his jeans, he would have to make a quick exit realising he had to get back to his hotel and on the tour bus which would be leaving in twenty minutes.

“Yeah Bono replied, “Sorry to love and leave you as they saying goes, but the others will give me hell if I hold them up”

Angie laughed, “Its ok, really, just lets say it was fun getting reacquainted again”

“Yes it was” Bono grinned; “Besides we can keep in touch now I know where you are”

“You don’t have to Bono, I am not holding you under any obligation, no strings attached and all that stuff, y’know” Angie then pointed out

“I know I know” Bono replied “But I would like to keep in touch, just to know how you are doing… that’s if you don’t mind?” he added as an afterthought

“Sure if you want,” she relented with a casual shrug, “as long as you promise me one thing”

Bono looked at her enquiringly.

“Just promise me if you get back to Dublin you don’t tell any one where I am… especially my parents” she finished quietly

Bono stared at her speculatively for a moment but there wasn’t time to ponder on her request, and he guessed she had her reasons, “OK,” he finally replied and bent down to kiss her briefly on the lips

“Have fun in Scotland” she told him “And don’t be getting into any fights”

“I will try not too” he chuckled “wouldn’t feel right without you there to fend them of” he winked making her laugh.

“Just you take care of yourself” he then told her, feeling bad about rushing of and leaving her the way he was doing, but realised he had no other choice

“And were the hell where you?” Edge demanded when Bono finally made an appearance almost a half hour later the others were in the hotel foyer

“No where in particular, just giving Manchester a last glance around before we move on to Scotland,” Bono replied casually

“That’s a likely story, considering you seem to be gone all night” Edge snorted, “And don’t think we fell for that headache business last night either”

“What are you? My Da?” Bono retorted.

“We do have a gig to get to in Glasgow,” Edge reminded him.

“Yeah I do know” Bono replied, “So why don’t you stop with the twenty questions and let us get going eh” and with that he walked away to collect his stuff, before any of them could say another word.

Once they were on the road, he avoided any more of their questions about his whereabouts, by pretending to snooze for most of the journey; though he got the feeling they had a good idea where he had been, nothing more was said about it.

They returned to Dublin two weeks later claiming the tour a success and glad to get the chance for some rest and relaxation

Being in Dublin again and his old haunts, Bono found himself thinking about Angie again, and suddenly found it difficult not to feel guilty when he was around Christine.

When he was with her he found himself babbling about things that had happened on tour the good things the bad things the funny incidents, but omitted mentioning meeting up with Angie after the Manchester gig.

The first thing Christine seem to notice was the fact he was less affectionate around her, but it was hard for Bono because every time he hugged or kissed Christine or even held her hand, he found himself thinking of Angie instead, no matter how hard he tried not to so he used the excuse he was probably just suffering from fatigue after the tour,

At times he found himself comparing them both, and although he really was very fond of Christine, and had no desire to hurt her, it just didn’t feel the same spark he felt when he had been with Angie, even if it had been only that one night. He couldn’t quite get his head around it himself, but it was affecting their relationship, but just kept pretending everything was fine.

In the end was Christine who finally said something when they were by themselves whilst he was walking her home one evening.

“Bono, are you sure everything is ok between the two of us?”

Bono looked round at her “yeah of course what makes you ask that?”

Christine shrugged “I don’t know… from you came back you seem kind of distant with me, I can’t really explain it… but I just sense it when we are together, it’s just not the same”

Bono sighed, “well I guess the tour changed my perspective a bit, I look at things a different way, Y’know” his blue eyes looked into hers

“And that includes me I guess” Christine replied, “You know I told you, that I would understand if you ended up not staying faithful to me on the tour, that’s why I wanted to take things slowly, if that is what’s bothering you, you can talk to me about it”

“It’s not that exactly” Bono replied scratching the back of his head and shifting uncomfortably

“I know you said you would understand if I did end up being unfaithful to you, but I am just wondering would it depend on who I was unfaithful with”

“How do you mean?” Christine looked puzzled

Bono decided it was now the time to come clean, he didn’t want to live with the guilt hanging over him any longer, or make Christine look a fool by not being truthful with her.

“Well just say it was someone you knew personally,” he then said finding it difficult to look in her in the eye

“Like who?” Christine asked warily

“When I was in Manchester we went to a pub and one of the waitresses turned out to be Angie O’Neill,” Bono informed her. “Um I guess you do remember her?”

“I see” Christine replied, then let out a small sarcastic laugh, “Well she is kindda hard to forget unfortunately” she paused for a moment staring down at her feet not looking up at him “So are you trying to tell me you slept with her?”

“Well yeah, but I didn’t plan on it happening… it just did” Bono tried to explain feeling like a heel

“Isn’t that always the way” Christine’s tone was a little brittle

“I’m sorry Chrissie” he attempted to put his arms around her but she pulled away

“Please don’t” she told him and took a step back, still trying to digest what he had told her.

Bono watched her, hating himself, but relieved at the same time it was finally out in the open, what ever the consequences… he would just have to take them

“I didn’t mean to hurt you” he then said, “You have to believe me” he tried to convince her

Christine shook her head, “Forgive me if I find that hard to believe, but you might as well have just slapped me across the face” she looked up at him now, giving him the full benefit of the hurt and bitterness starting to well up inside her.

“I think I could have handled you sleeping with half a dozen of your groupies… any one but her… you know how I felt about her, and to find out you slept with her.. I just feel so betrayed how could you?

“She has changed Chrissie, I mean she is doing well-“ Bono started to try and explain

“Please!” Chrissie exclaimed hotly “Don’t rub it in by telling me how wonderful you think she is now, or how well she is doing… I really don’t want to know or care, as far as I am concerned she was a drugged up whore back then and she still is now”

“I am sorry you feel that way Chrissie” Bono replied, “But I guess I can’t blame you either, there is no excuse for what I done,” he said quietly

“No there isn’t” Christine replied her expression hardening, “I think we can safely say this is the end of our relationship, as far as I am concerned anyway”

“I see” Bono replied with quiet resignation, could see she was trying to muster up what little dignity she felt she had left

“Goodbye Bono, have a nice life,” she walked away leaving him standing feeling like shit.

ok girls will leave it there till I get back.. but there will be more on Angie and Bono soon hopefully

:wink:

Excellent chapter as always. :)

Good luck with your surgery...that is where you're going? If not I'll feel rather stupid, lol.

Can't wait for more...

thanks Liesa,, yep I will be busy tomorrow for going into hospital on wednsday.. but hopefully be out by thursday again if all goes well:)

annj said:
thanks Liesa,, yep I will be busy tomorrow for going into hospital on wednsday.. but hopefully be out by thursday again if all goes well:)

It'll all go well annj.:up: You have a wonderful spirit that will pull you through.
With or without a story, let us know how you are!!:heart:

Hope all goes well at the hospital. Don't tire yourself out trying to write another chapter, I'll try to be patient. :wink:

I just got caught up on my reading from the weekend. Your story is wonderful. Bono aging like a fine wine--mmm yes. I know your surgery will go well--take care & get plenty of rest. Let us know how you are. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom