MERGED ----> Bono or Justin? + Dispute over bono's lines in band aid 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Bono or Justin?

Ok, according to the Brit press Justin from the Darkness has recorded Bono's famous line in Do they know it's Christmas, "Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you".

Apparently he feels he sang it better then our B....

Well, I'm saying nothing..Ok, perhaps I will just say that if Justin thinks he can sing that line better then B he must be so totally up his own a*** that he can't hear his own voice.....

So what say ye, Bono or Justin????

Erm, is there even any competition between them? :eyebrow:

Bono. Bono everytime. Justin isn't even within touching distance, and if he'd been give the line, it wouldn't have been taken seriously, just like how nothing the Darkness do is take seriously.

MrsSpringsteen said:
well, this isn't PLEJA
:lol:

I haven't heard the version with Justin but I tend to be a snob about remade songs...99% of the time the original is better.

Oh, and BONO sings it in the original...and he's the best as far as I'm concerned.

Post a pic of him I've never seen it.

I thought you meant Justin Timberlake= :barf:

darkness.jpg

The one right in front

MrsSpringsteen said:

It's PLEBA, but not PLE J A

Sorry, just got in from college and my mind's processing things about 30 minutes late! You confused me for a second!

Glad to hear they've gone with Bono's new interpretation of the line because I come up in a rash whenever i hear the darkness. Don't know if any of you saw Justin on the Brit Hall of Fame last night but he shifted all the attention to himself when presenting Queen with their award, you've got to laugh though - he'll be back to doing his jingles for toilet roll in 18 months time!

beau2ifulday said:
Erm, is there even any competition between them? :eyebrow:

Bono. Bono everytime. Justin isn't even within touching distance, and if he'd been give the line, it wouldn't have been taken seriously, just like how nothing the Darkness do is take seriously.

exactly :yes: it would be terrible to here that line sang that way
:(

on to more pleasant things, a pic of Bono from yesterday:
c4b1a410.jpg

:no:

*edit to add that my no is in reaction to that justin person...

reaction to new bono pic:

:drool:

is bono defacing himself there? :wink:

Last edited:
I'll still take Bono, but I don't mind this guy! I like long haired barechested leather pants wearing rock stars :combust:

Justin is a a jerk who actually has compared himself to Freddie Mercury and has said that his band is THE best in the world. I got a good laugh outta that.

Today, thank God it's Bono instead of him.
(just been confirmed) :up:

U2Kitten said:
I'll still take Bono, but I don't mind this guy! I like long haired barechested leather pants wearing rock stars :combust:

You obviously have been lucky enough to not have the Darkness thurst down your throat everytime you turn on the TV or radio, as was the case this time last year in Britain. The image is ok, but the guy is a grade A jerk. He's slagged off everyone who is anyone in the music inudustry. People go on about Bono's ego, but Justin's is out of control.

Sorry, this isn't a rant at you at all :hug:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I KNOW! HE'S SEXY ISN'T HE??? :drool: :drool: He reminds me of Roger Daltrey... just not lol.

Bono made that song good by singing that line if you wanna know my opinion. It's the best part of the song cause it's the most rock 'n roll. Justin can kiss my ass with his annoying high voice. :grumpy:

Since I no longer have cable, I have never seen The Darkness, and I never hear them on my radio stations either. But I am glad to see the classic rock star look returning after several hideous years of shaved heads, multiple piercings, backwards hats and potato sack pants!

Roger was way hot in his prime. Also y'all must forgive my love for the long haired leather wearing rock star, I was an 80's teen and yes I love the hair metal look and sound :reject: But my number one was then, and is still today, Bono Vox of U2! :love: (he's had some gorgeous long hair and leather pants over the years too, oh, and the boots :drool: )

starsgoblue said:

:shame: Shoo you Hawkins lovers! He's on my shit list today....starting crap with my Bono :tsk:

:wink:
Well... I never said he was better then Bono though :wink:
But... he is yummy :D But I dont put him above Edge or Noel on hottness... no way... he has weird lookin teeth... :huh: lol! But he's sexy hehehe...
:hug:

I heard Justin Hawkins ans saw them live at rock werchter.
They are good but not superb.I like the album from the Darkness but it can"t top at any level of HTDAAB so I think Bono deserves to sing it He is the only one who is doing something for Africa and still is relevant at the moment so why doesn't he deserve to sing it anayway Justin is a good singer but I think he should bring up some respect for Bono and indeed he is an enormous ego which can't top any house

Go BONO Go

Back
Top Bottom