*Jealousy*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats sooo cool. And I'm jealous too, for Bono... He has the nwe Romeo Gigli 226s shades! Bastard!

Anyway, thats a great story Starr, keep up the good work! :)

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

hi starr,
this is the first post i've ever read of yours so i haven't been offended or anything by you & don't think others have either.

i'd love to hear what song Bono pulled you up during, how his singing was while you danced - i never understand how he can do that! Also, where did you meet him to get that wonderful picture taken with him? If you'd like to share I'd love to read it. Thanks,
Olive

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Ok I am not going to go into the dance the story because I am still annoyed about my browser crashing on me...

Well, at the after party I met one of Bono's relatives, I believe her name is Cat...very sweet woman firey red hair..very Irish, in the bathroom. I didn't even know Bono was there cause I didn't see him. Only saw Adam. Until I met her...I was on one of my rants, because the toilets were so nasty & we were waiting on line, there was 3 bathroom stalls, but 2 of them were so foul that I wouldn't even stand on top of them pee. So, she made comment on how damn funny I was...Then she said I cannot believe this place, that Boys are going to wait on a Q with their security guards...I then in turn, said who are you referring too...She said U2, I was like WHAT...BONO is here? She was like yes, he is in the back room. It was my turn to pee, I went washed my hands, she came out, she was like come with me, He has to meet you, because you are too funny & way too cute. He would just adore you. I was awwww thanks that's very kind of you. So she then grabbed me & we made our way to the VIP room. I was in utter shock because this doesn't happen. Well, we get to the room & Bono's security guard John I believe his name, stop us & told her ummmm NO. She then said Bloody Hell I am his relative, & she has to met him. He was then turned me & said I am very sorry but he has been getting bothered all nite by random people. I then in return said look, she just grabbed & I really had no clue what exactly she was doing, it all happened so quick, I don't want bother him at all, I completely understand & respect his privacy. Thank You for being honest. She turned around, said give me a few, I told her no worries at all. The funny thing is I never said I was on stage with him nor did I say that I have been a fan for yrs. All I said to her was Bono is here & I think I mentioned that I was at the show. So, I walked off & got myself a drink. Thought is was very sweet of her, ended up meeting one of the camera guys who told me that every show is taped, recorded & in like the U2 vault in Dublin at principle management. Around 3am Bono ventured out to go pee...& some random guy grabbed him shoot a picture of him, which in return I kicked him & yelled him for being so damn rude. I mean honestly, how do you scream his name & just snap a shot in his face without asking. He then ended up sitting in a booth talking to friend of his. I finally got the balls to go up to John to ask for permission to talk to him. Basically, I said "Do you think he would mind me going up to him saying few nice words & asking for a picture?" He said" Your a very cute girl & your the only person who has been very respectful, go right ahead." Now mind you Bono is sitting in a booth talking away...I told John that "I cannot just interrupt him, that is so rude" He pushed me & said " Go, Go it's not rude, he will not stop talking" I said "Nah, it's ok, I just feel that's it's not right, to bust in a conversation, regardless if I am cute. If you let every cute girl interrupt him, he would never finish his train of thought." He laughed said " Your too funny, look we are gonna be heading out soon, stand over there & I will grab you & I will hold off the people as long as I can, so you can talk. I was thanks you so much, that's very kind of you. Well, I followed my instructions, & John ended up grabbing & telling Bono that I was wanting to talking to him & how very respectful I was. Bono grabbed my hand..I was like HI..i have so much I want to tell you & ask you but I have short window of time, So I am just gonna tell you what you I think I need too...Here goes 1st off I am the girl you danced with June 19th @ the garden...He pulled away from looked at me & said "Yes you are, your the special one" Now he threw me all off track...because while he said this I rolled my eyes because I thought he was just being nice, and I was like hey only have few minutes here...he then took my hand & kissed it..I was like WOW you do remember, He said something to the effect that sounded like "I am not messing" I then said "Well, I wanted to say thank you for giving such a wonderful memory that offset the tragedy, because 2001 will be remembered for Sept 11th & that memory has helped me get through some dark times. I also want to say thank you for NOT backing down & coming into our city when everyone else famous ran away. It's mean alot to the fans here as well, as the city as whole. I have been a fan since I was in 3rd grade & you have been such a role model to me & right now I feel very blessed & privilege just having this moment to tell you this" Now john, is trying to hold off the people trying to get a piece of Bono, & he was like we gotta get going " I said well, I have more to tell & ask you but it's 4am you have to run & get some sleep. He said "thanks so much & I am sure we will meet up again." I was like oh before you head out can I get picture he said of course, grabbed me took the pic, started walk away from me turned around Came back to give me a kiss on the check said "good nite & we'll talk again"

I might have left something's out & if I did, Mrs. Edge please remind me or post it becaus ei think your were the 2nd person i told...because I am work trying to get this out, while being disrupted, with stupid request.

Well, that's my Oct 25th/26th Bono story...

Starr

[This message has been edited by Starr (edited 01-11-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
that was stunning, starr.

thank you for representing the fans as an intelligent and respectable person. I enjoy Bono meeting fans like you.

Thanks olive, It was very strange cause i wasn't gonna go to any of shows in NY..it was all too soon...So i am very glad i went & i had this special moment express, in some sort of way on what an impact, he has made, not only with myself but many others. I am truly gratful.

The representing part: I think it has to do with the fact that... yes i find him very sexy & all but i see him on different level...More like a teacher/dad kind of thing, i grew up to them.
believe it or not i always said if i got on stage i would pee my pants...well did that & that didn't happen but Bono did knee in he crotch by accident, which was funny...& then i thought if i ever got chance to talk to him, i would probably be bumbling fool. I think i did well cause i knew i had short window of time & i may never be able to say what i thought would be important to hear or of some value to him. Then again he probably gets what i told him all the time.

Starr

[This message has been edited by Starr (edited 01-11-2002).]

that was stunning, starr.

thank you for representing the fans as an intelligent and respectable person. I enjoy Bono meeting fans like you.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Thanks Starr for your story (gasp, a male reading PLEBA!!!).

What I liked most is that you were so respectful. I met Edge in '97 outside his Chicago hotel. The people there were overall rather nice, but I made sure I didn't forget my manners. I asked if he would mind taking a picture and then thanked him for his time. This was a good group of people too as we all thanked him when Edge left.

To me, manners and respect get SO much farther than barging in. That's a lesson we all need to remember - and not just how we treat stars but each other. Thank you Starr for being polite.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Thanks Starr for your story (gasp, a male reading PLEBA!!!).

What I liked most is that you were so respectful. I met Edge in '97 outside his Chicago hotel. The people there were overall rather nice, but I made sure I didn't forget my manners. I asked if he would mind taking a picture and then thanked him for his time. This was a good group of people too as we all thanked him when Edge left.

To me, manners and respect get SO much farther than barging in. That's a lesson we all need to remember - and not just how we treat stars but each other. Thank you Starr for being polite.

Sorry that I am replying so damn late but I didn't go on the pc at all this weekend, I got the Xbox & it taking up all my time.

Thanks MUCH for the kind words....
You nailed it on the head being polite is key. I try to always treat others on how I would like to be treated. We have to remember that they are people too. Just like us, they just have a cooler job.

Key note: Their guards really appreciated the fact that, I asked for permission..they were taken back from that. I didn't expect to be treated differently but it worked out in favor in the long run. It's all karma. =)

Starr

Jealous, no not jealous I'm extremely happy for you. I've seen so many ungrateful and rude people meet the band it's great to hear that respectful down-to-earth fans also get the same privilage. Congrats!!!

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

"Yes you are, your the special one"

Thats sooo typical! Thats the another Bono, Bono for the fans! Everyting is in this sentence! That's like his "I know..." thing and his LOOK! Deep in yer eyes, when he dont speak, just look through yer brain! He's like, I dunno... NO! HE IS THE SPECIAL! He might be somethin... a higher humanbeing! He is sooo grateful for us, U2 fans! Fok, I'ts too hard, I cant tell this in English! U2 is for their FANS!

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

i'm following you mr. lemon - u2 IS indeed for their fans.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom