It's A Private Show... What Song Do You Choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just you, and U2. What ONE song are you gonna have them perform for you?

Although my fav is Bad I will say AIWIY. Can't beat his crooning at the end. And to hear Bono say this to me....

What about everyone else?

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Well, sorry Bono and Adam, but my private show would have to be just Edge on guitar, singing, and Larry playin' those drums...

With Or Without You

*faints at the very thought*

"ONE"- Bono and Edge playing acoustic guitars by candlelight.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Oh jeez... you're gonna make me pick again. *sigh* argh...

Ok, I'd have to say that the one song I'd want the boys to play just for me would have to be... *drumroll*

Heartland. It's such a beautiful song...
biggrin.gif
Prolly one of my top 3 favs, and so underrated too.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

Heartland! What a good idea, that's one of my favorites too! I saw you wrote all the lyrics to it on your website Bonavoix, good site!

If it was just me and U2 I'd have Love Is Blindness.

------------------
Take the money, honey.

This is an easy question for me. I would have to pick Bono singing "Got you under my skin" with Edgy-Wedgy since Frank is gone
frown.gif
. Having them sing MY line at me would be the high point of my life.
" Don't you know BLUEEYES, you never can win ".
Well, okay it's not exactly a "go get 'em tiger!" sentiment, but I'll settle for being told that I am a loser by U2!.
-Blueeyes (who never can win)

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!"
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 09-10-2001).]

I gotta think this one through
1. All I want is You
2. Ultraviolet
3. Red Hill Mining Town
4. Angel of Harlem
5. Babyface
or
6. Stay

I think BABYFACE!!!!!!! I'd giggle like an idiot!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"I can't change the world
But I can change the world in me"

Ooooh what a good question....even though I love Velvet Dress...
I would love for Bono to gently take my hand and sing to me.........
"It's time to go again.....to Your Blue Room!!!!!!!!!......***Maria swoons***
of course the 3 others are also welcome inside my blue room!
biggrinlove.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by Dreamboat Annie:
Heartland! What a good idea, that's one of my favorites too! I saw you wrote all the lyrics to it on your website Bonavoix, good site!

Thanks! Ya know, that song... it's Adam's bass line that kills me every single time especially during the chorus. And the lyrics are incredibly beautiful, very deep. Bono has to be one of the best (I mean among the top 3) lyricists I've ever come across. But yeah, Heartland is one of my favorite U2 songs right now... it's tied with Van Diemen's Land.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

one song?? ONLY ONE??? **STRESS** What a difficult decision!!! LOL Hmmmm.. I guess it would have to be...rember during the Zoo TV tour when Bono sang that sexy acapella version of "I Can't Help Falling In Love"?? That would be it...at least thats my choice of the moment.

I'd have to say "In a Little While." Um, HOW many times have I listened to the "you turn me on" part? But Running to Stand Still and One Tree Hill are close runners-up.

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
I'd have to say "In a Little While."
*drool* I change my vote! I want that one too. best part after the turn me on thing "That girl that girl she's mine" GEEEEEEZZZZZ How does he do it?!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"I can't change the world
But I can change the world in me"

Can't do it. Sorry. Like Lay's, I can't do just one.
wink.gif
There are just too many songs with too much meaning for me....but I have it narrowed down to:

Love is Blindness (GAH! this song does things to my MIND!)
Mysterious Ways (gotta dance!)
Corpse, off Passengers (gotta have Edge sing me something!)
Heartland, as well (Thanks BV!) This song has put a longing, a craving, inside me to drop everything and go driving on Route 66 to see America's heartland! LOVE that song!

Disco...being song greedy, sorry

gee... that really gets you thinking??

i would have to say that 'so cruel' is my song at the moment, just hearing larry hit those drums does it for me
wink.gif

a small darkened room and candles would be the ideal setting.... wow !!
' and you dont know if it's fear or desire'
'her heart is racing... you cant keep up...'
I have to go and lie down now........

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

[This message has been edited by larrys aussie girl (edited 09-10-2001).]

Well, since its a private show... I would go with "If You Were That Velvet Dress!" Awww, But I just want Bono singing it to me! Who needs drums, guitar, and bass!
biggrin.gif

"Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show - no one else going to know....
I'm wanting......."

Oh yeah!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I would have to say "Love Is Blindness", that song gives me chills. Complete with a slow dance with Bono, that would be even better !
wink.gif

My other choice, for an upbeat song, would be "Even Better Than the Real Thing".
biggrin.gif

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

***Check out my webpage: Pics of U2, Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet and much more***
http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

I think I'd have to go for "With or Without You" in the key of the album version so Bono would hit all the higher notes. That song gives me chills when I'm with 20,000 other people- I'd love to enjoy it with only 4 others!
smile.gif

Uhm...only me and U2? Maybe I would choose "Stay" (I'm sure I'd cry a lot, listening to it in front of them
smile.gif
)...
But...if the question was "...Just you and BONO"...well...in that case I would surely choose "If you wear that velvet dress"...WOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
biggrin.gif

Mystirious Ways, no doubt!! Adams hip moves during this song....

*AM faints

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

POP ANGEL!! You totally read my mind. I'd melt like butter if Larry sang "Stay" to me.

Hell, he could sing "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner" and I'd be a puddle on the floor.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I invented cool, and YOU"RE on a boat with me."- Larry

"On security, the bodyguard of the band; the man who gave us our first job, and keeps us in our first job. On the drums- LARRY...MULLEN..JR!!!!"
-Bono introducing Larry, Boston, June 6, 2001

Wow! Just one? Really tough question...
Hmmmm....With Or Without You is always good, but that's my sad song, so nah...Bad is so beautiful...that might be good...
Nope, I got it! Under-played, under-mentioned, but musically genius, and vocally, well, it turns me to a puddle of goo: Starin' at the Sun...*sigh* I get goosepimply just thinking about it...

Back
Top Bottom