I knew there was something I had to do.... sechs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristie said:

porcupine-baby.jpg

Awwww! A friend of mine once found 4-5 hedgehog (?) babies in his garden, the mother of which had been killed while crossing a road nearby.:(
So the family feed them using a tiny baby's bottle they found in a game for kids. These little things were so cute we all spent hours just watching them sleeping in their paperbox.:heart: I remember holding one in hand and patting its back with one finger, it was so soft!:love:

Hmm, sorry for the flashback moment..:reject:

Dear U2,

Pretty please play Mofo in Boston on December 4. With a cherry on top. (lest i crush you :mad: )

Love,
Kristie
and Laura

Stories for Boys said:
...and i wouldn't even need a rolling pin...or a yellow bow in my hair...

or to be round and pink :wink:

So I've been hyper about Boston all day... someone mentioned Boston (because I'm looking to go to grad school there) and I FREAKED OUT! Inside, of course... :D

This whole impulsive thing is giving me warm fuzzies... just the idea of getting to hang out with you all :hug:

I think the cuteness of those pics has influenced this as well...

*puts down the "cute" crack pipe*

hehe those hedgehogs make me smile every time I open this thread now

anyway, I just realized how much this tour has corrupted my brain... thinking that less than three hundred dollars for one concert ticket is "not a bad price" is not normal.

heh, at first i was so shocked that someone would pay 150 for a ticket, then it was 200...then, as time got close to vegas and we still had no tickets for the second night, i kid you not, i almost paid 200 for each of 2 nosebleeds :|

but yay, boston!!!!

laura?

how many shows have you been to?

and - feel free not to answer this - how are you paying for them all?

I mean, I've been to/am going to 3 at places that were max 3 hours away and it's breaking my bank...

indeed! i have nosebleeds for both nights, but i don't care! i'm going to party in vegas!! you going?

Kristie said:
laura?

how many shows have you been to?

and - feel free not to answer this - how are you paying for them all?

I mean, I've been to/am going to 3 at places that were max 3 hours away and it's breaking my bank...

um...been to 14, going to 7 more. and i will answer...my parents, when i was a baby, started a fund for my college tuition. my mom works at my school so i get 80% off tuition. i also have a couple scholarships. the point--i don't pay for my own tuition...therefore my earned money goes towards groceries, bills, and u2 shows. and since my parents live in town, i've spent amazingly little on groceries this fall :shifty:

i've had to borrow money too, out of my school fund, but yeah, that's how :flirt:

:sigh: I need a fund! I don't really pay for tuition right now either (loans pay for it, so I will eventually) and even working two jobs almost 30 hrs a week can barely make rent, utilities, etc, let alone fund U2 trips. Actually, I can afford the concerts b/c basically everywhere I've went we've driven to and I've slept w/ friends/relatives or on the cement, it's more the opportunity cost of missing work that I can't handle for any more shows. I hate school. :(

Stories for Boys said:
indeed! i have nosebleeds for both nights, but i don't care! i'm going to party in vegas!! you going?

Yep :hyper:. And as a good deed I'm bringing along my mother (not to the concert, but I said Vegas and her eyes lit up, so I thought it would be good to invite her - plus it was a way out of hearing about how much money I was wasting, she couldn't complain if she was going too :lol: ).

I'm in U22 the first night (the "cool kids" behind the stage section :lol: ). The second night I think I'm in 117 or something.

Stories for Boys said:

um...been to 14, going to 7 more. and i will answer...my parents, when i was a baby, started a fund for my college tuition. my mom works at my school so i get 80% off tuition. i also have a couple scholarships. the point--i don't pay for my own tuition...therefore my earned money goes towards groceries, bills, and u2 shows. and since my parents live in town, i've spent amazingly little on groceries this fall :shifty:

i've had to borrow money too, out of my school fund, but yeah, that's how :flirt:

aaah :up:

which brings to mind another question (again, feel free not to answer)... are you in school right now?

I mean, obviously you are, but what with all the jetting around the country and hanging out in GA lines I imagine it'd put a bit of a strain on the ole GPA. So, are you just amazingly talented or taking a semester off?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
:sigh: I need a fund! I don't really pay for tuition right now either (loans pay for it, so I will eventually) and even working two jobs almost 30 hrs a week can barely make rent, utilities, etc, let alone fund U2 trips. Actually, I can afford the concerts b/c basically everywhere I've went we've driven to and I've slept w/ friends/relatives or on the cement, it's more the opportunity cost of missing work that I can't handle for any more shows. I hate school. :(

down with school!!
so far I've been able to schedule all my concerts around class, so that's fortunate

Despite the obscene amount of money yale thinks I need to live on ($7,000 per semester... though I have to pay for health and car insurance now, it's still way more than any student should need) I've been putting most of my money ($3,000) into paying off my credit card. The interest is astronomical for that car I charged a few years ago and I'm sick of it piling up.

Kristie said:

I hear ya on that one! Good thing I have a credit card!

And I guess there are advantages to being in the "working" world sometimes... i.e. two weeks of vacation time (which I have used solely for concerts :shifty: ) and extra sick time *coughBOSTONSHOWcough*

I wish I could go to more concerts... :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom