I hath discovered a new fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
... and I claim her in the name of PLEBA!

So during my AP English class today, my friend Tara & I were typing a paper, and when we were done we went online & she showed me her web journal, and in one of the entries were the lyrics to "The Ground Beneath Her Feet"

She scrolled down the page really qucikly, but I spotted them right away and I choked for a moment, and yelled "Oh my God!" really loud (very embarassing), I didn't believe she knew the song, but she does & she's been looking for it everywhere to buy because it's not on their cds (she has some of their albums too!), so I told her I would lend her my MDH soundtrack... it feels so good to find a new fan, now that I know what it feels like (and one that is your friend)... and I might be able to covert her into a complete fan, if I try.
biggrin.gif

Who knows, with a little time & some pics, she could be an Interferencer
wink.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

AP Lit? Are you taking the test? I am but I'm quite frightened...meh, what can go wrong...the open question...boo that.

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

Originally posted by Lilly:
AP Lit? Are you taking the test? I am but I'm quite frightened...meh, what can go wrong...the open question...boo that.

Actually I'm in AP Language right now, I'm taking Lit next year... I love Language, and I've heard that Lit is worse so I'm not sure if I want to take it....

I'm doing good, but I'm scared to death about taking the test... my teacher says I could get 5 credits but I'm so afraid of screwing up....

3 essays to write in 2 hours, and 4 25-question tests in 1 hour? I don't think I can do it *gulp*

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Katie and Lilly!

Some advice from one who has recently taken the tests (both Lit and Language)

Calm down! They really aren't as hard as teachers try to scare you with
smile.gif

Trust me, if you know you are doing well in the class, and you know your stuff, YOU WILL BE FINE!

Some advice for the actual test:
1) Stay calm, you know you can do it!
2) Think about what you want to write for a few minutes before you write, and then just trust yourself
3) Plan your time, you have a certain amount of time and you have to get certain things done...make sure you at least write something competant for each essay
4) Hint from my teacher last year: Concluding paragraphs don't matter, so don't worry about getting that in. Concentrate on the main paragraphs of your essay

smile.gif
It's really not that difficult of a test, especially if your into it...I know you both will do well.

Just stay calm, and prepare yourself as well as you can.

Trust me...it pays off!
biggrin.gif

If you guys want to talk anymore here's my info:
hippyactress@hotmail.com
AIM: hippyactress
MSN: hippyactress@hotmail.com

Good luck!

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

(((((hugs))))))

Thanks so much for the encouragement Hippy, I loveth you! (((((more hugs)))))
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And you're right about the concluding paragraphs... I never write them anymore, too time-consuming, and all they do is restate the opening paragraph.

It's only now that I realized that there's only 3 months left
eek.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Back
Top Bottom