Help! Bono's hugging SUPERHOOCH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SkyBlueDreamer said:
I do love that moving Mysterious Ways sig too! :drool:
It is so hypnotizing..................................thrust it.........................thrust it..........................thrust it...............:drool:

Thank you Sicy, everything you said is true! Thanks Sky, Hallelujah, and anyone who understood.

What I cannot understand is why Superhooch bashing suddenly "GOT OLD" as soon as *I* started it. I had never even done it before, but I sure have seen a shitload of it around here! As a matter of fact, I see a new negative Superhooch thread on the page now, ironically started AFTER this mess! Hmm, must not be quite so "OLD" after all :eyebrow: :shrug: :tsk:

I really was just trying to be fun, just like the rest of you, and I don't get this at all. :(

Tabby said:
Thank you Sicy, everything you said is true! Thanks Sky, Hallelujah, and anyone who understood.

What I cannot understand is why Superhooch bashing suddenly "GOT OLD" as soon as *I* started it. I had never even done it before, but I sure have seen a shitload of it around here! As a matter of fact, I see a new negative Superhooch thread on the page now, ironically started AFTER this mess! Hmm, must not be quite so "OLD" after all :eyebrow: :shrug: :tsk:

I really was just trying to be fun, just like the rest of you, and I don't get this at all. :(

Don't feel too bad, Tabby. I don't think there was any particular reason your thread was singled out. And there *is* a lot of Superhooch-ness around here, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. I personally don't, and I think we should think about what we say about someone we don't really know. But I also don't think you meant any real harm by it. K?

Tabby, I wouldn't take it personally, I don't believe that anyone blames you or thinks it's your fault.

I think it's just that some of the comments made about Naomi (not necessarily in this thread), were out and out rude, they crossed the border of humor and straight into mean and vindictive.

Personally, I don't know very much about her...I'd heard of her diva rep, but that's about it.

While I see the humor in the "eeeeeeeewwwww hoochie cooties" that you intended, I think a lot of the girls were still mad over some comments ("Why can't she just die...she is a waste to humanity") made in another thread, which crosses that line. I know you didn't have any malicous intent...however others did, and I think some of the girls were still a bit sore over that.

:hug:

MonaVox said:

Sorry to ruin everyone's fun; maybe I don't really understand it. I just think this bashing gets old.

I'm with Mona here and anyway, BONO is in those pics and THAT should be enough for anyone!

daisybean said:
Tabby, I wouldn't take it personally, I don't believe that anyone blames you or thinks it's your fault.

I think it's just that some of the comments made about Naomi (not necessarily in this thread), were out and out rude, they crossed the border of humor and straight into mean and vindictive.

Personally, I don't know very much about her...I'd heard of her diva rep, but that's about it.

While I see the humor in the "eeeeeeeewwwww hoochie cooties" that you intended, I think a lot of the girls were still mad over some comments ("Why can't she just die...she is a waste to humanity") made in another thread, which crosses that line. I know you didn't have any malicous intent...however others did, and I think some of the girls were still a bit sore over that.

:hug:

:up: exactly. not meant at all personally to Tabby. I don't even know who posts in these threads or anything; that doesn't matter to me. But I mean it's been goin on fer awhile and suddenly there are like 3 threads about Naomi and I thought I'd express my own personal opinion.

I'm sure nobody is seriously gonna take a shovel to Naomi's head or anything. But I don't think the bashin is necessary. And I can't spell.

Listen...

I kinda ragged on Naomi on one of the other threads, but, oh, well. I read that it was Adam who broke off the engagement, not Naomi. According to the source, Adam dumped Naomi because he felt that the relationship wasn't going to go anywhere. I read that a while back so I don't remember who wrote the piece or what it was called, sorry. :reject:

By the way, Bono and the rest of Lypton Village went on a trip to Wales in the early days, around '78, apparently to find Bono's flame of three years before, Mandy. (this was in Eamon Dunphy's book) Bono talked about how great she looked in her black bathing suit and all that, only to find that Mandy had begun dating someone else since their separation. The rest of the Village had a good laugh at Bono's reaction to that. :D

MonaVox said:

:up: exactly. not meant at all personally to Tabby. I don't even know who posts in these threads or anything; that doesn't matter to me. But I mean it's been goin on fer awhile and suddenly there are like 3 threads about Naomi and I thought I'd express my own personal opinion.

I'm sure nobody is seriously gonna take a shovel to Naomi's head or anything. But I don't think the bashin is necessary. And I can't spell.

Same here...except I can spell. :D

It looks like my comment was kind of the jumping point, so I feel a bit responsible. :slant: Tabby, it was nothing against you at all...I just want you to know that. :)

Bear with me, this is long...

Originally posted by Tabby
Oh for Heaven's sake, it's just for fun! There is no need take it so seriously! Don't be a killjoy! At least no one is bashing a U2 member, or each other! True, we don't know her, but neither do any of you. She could be worse than we even imagine! What I really mean is, I don't see any harm in this, and it's about the last thing I ever expected anyone to fight over Give us a break already! Lighten up!

I didn't think I was being a killjoy by stating my opinion that Naomi is a human being like the rest of us. I would have said the same thing had it been someone on the board bashing someone else. No matter who it is, the things that were being said were inappropriate, in my opinion. You're right, she COULD be worse than we ever imagine...but that's not for us to decide without knowing her. Tabby, you might not see any harm in this, but I do. I stated that opinion and am now being told to "Lighten up!" because I spoke out against openly against the blatent hatred being shown on this board. In fact, I did not intend to start a fight. It seems that what I stated has been taken out of context and percieved as a personal attack, when in fact it was simply a woman stating a deeply held opinion.

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle
You expressed your opinion...others expressed theirs...don't put out such harsh opinions if you can't take others expressing theirs...

All they are saying is we could stand to give the girl a break...

Thank you, Fishy. As I've said countless times already, I was simply stating my opinion.

Fishy, the saddest thing is I don't even really have a strong opinion! I just saw people making fun of her on other threads, and I thought this would be hilarious, and a chance for FUN! I posted this with the most lighthearted and comical intentions. I wanted to be funny and play around, what a nice change from some the bickering! How anyone turned this into a controversial fight is beyond me.

LIGHTEN UP!!

Once again the words "lighten up" come into the discussion. I am being light. But the lighthearted way people were saying things like "Why doesn't she just die?" and "She serves no purpose on earth." struck me as callous and inappropriate. I felt I needed to speak up. And I did and you seem to be taking personal offence at that, though nowhere was your name ever mentioned.

Originally posted by Sicy
Ok I'm confused.

Superhooch is a big joke around here.. I've seen thread after thread dedicated to barfing at her, laughing at her and whatever else.. but everyone decides to pick on this thread? One person defends Naomi and then everyone else jumps on the poor helpless Naomi bandwagon?
Since when do you guys like her? Didnt she totally screw over Adam? Of course she's a human being but I dont think this thread was posted to hatefully bash her. People post pics of Bono and other girls all the time and get jealous.. its just what you guys do around here! I've seen it a million times!

Anyway.. I'm sorry but I think its kinda blown out of proportion.

You're right, Sicy. Superhooch IS a big joke around here. It just seemed to me that the joke was being taken a little too far. I don't think it's a big deal to share how jealous we are of her and her relationship with Adam, but I do think it's incredibly inappropriate to be continually bashing her for "sport." I never said I liked her and I never said she was "poor and helpless", but coming from a background of physical and mental abuse from people for being the way I am and acting the way I act, I felt I needed to say something about the mean-spirited comments being made. You're also right that it is being blown out of proportion, but did I blow it out of proportion by calmly stating an opinon?

Originally posted by SkyBlueDreamer
That's how it looked to me! I thought she was a running joke on here! Why is suddenly such a terrible thing to joke on her? Oops, I just posted something rude about her on the 'got married' thread, and the charity dinner thread, please don't hurt me! I thought it was just the thing to do and I was playing along trying to fit in with the crowd. Maybe that's what Tabby thought too. I'm sorry but this just hits me as ridiculous. Will somebody please make a list of things you're not allowed to say so us newer girls won't get into trouble?

I never said it was a terrible thing to joke about her. I said it was a terrible thing to forget that she's a human being also. Regardless of whether she will ever read this or hear about this, something inside of me rebels at the thought of having my name associated with hateful, spiteful bashing of another person. When I say having my name associated with this, I mean by rights of being a PLEBAn we are ALL associated with what's going on here. And in a way, we are all responsible for the content. I didn't like the content, so I said something about it because I don't want to belong to a group who seem to get so much pleasure out of mocking and ridiculing other people. Been there, done that, and I'm still paying the emotional costs for having things like this happen. I wanted to stop it. You're right that this is ridiculous. I should be allowed to express an opinion without being attacked from all angles by people on this board. And there is no need for a list of things not to do. This is a board where intelligent people gather, that should be enough. Intelligent people know when they've crossed the line.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
You're not in trouble. Some people just disagree with what was posted, that's all. If you think it's funny, go ahead and join in. Nobody's going to burn you at the stake for it. I think this is getting blown a little bit out of proportion. Some people find it funny. Some people don't. Can we just leave it at that?

Thank you, Gina. I am also one of the people who don't find this funny.

What I cannot understand is why Superhooch bashing suddenly "GOT OLD" as soon as *I* started it. I had never even done it before, but I sure have seen a shitload of it around here! As a matter of fact, I see a new negative Superhooch thread on the page now, ironically started AFTER this mess! Hmm, must not be quite so "OLD" after all
I really was just trying to be fun, just like the rest of you, and I don't get this at all.

Tabby, I also understood what you were saying. But you seem not to understand what I was saying. I didn't know that you would take it so much to heart and think I was attacking you personally. I'm sorry you felt that way. There is and was no need for you to attack me in such a vitrolic manner. I do not appreciate you saying some of the things you did, but I will not dignify them with a response.
As for Superhooch being "old", it's not. In fact, it'll probably never get "old" because new people will always be upset about the way her relationship with Adam ended up. What's getting "old" is the continually increasing vehemence and bite with which the remarks about Naomi are being presented. I do not appreciate that so I posted to remind everyone that Naomi is a human being, since that seemed to be getting lost.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
Don't feel too bad, Tabby. I don't think there was any particular reason your thread was singled out. And there *is* a lot of Superhooch-ness around here, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. I personally don't, and I think we should think about what we say about someone we don't really know. But I also don't think you meant any real harm by it. K?

There was no particular reason I choose to post in your thread, but it seems that you interpret it that way. It seems there has been an abundance of people posting about Naomi recently and yours happened to be the thread in which I finally decided I needed to say something about what was going on. I don't think you meant any harm by posting this thread, but I wanted to curb the dehumanization of Naomi before it started to get really ugly again.

Originally posted by daisybean

Frankly, I'm surprised you took it personally, Tabby. The things I said were not directed at you in particular. I do not blame you for posting these pics. And it's not your fault other people were so scathing in their comments about Naomi. As Daisy said, the comments here and in other threads were getting pretty heavy and actually scary. The playful jealousy was turning into something that was getting very vicious.

------------

I know this has been a long post, but I felt that I needed to respond and make what I said clear. I do not appreciate the personal attacks against me because I hold an unpopular view and I do not see myself as a hypocrite because of anything I've said. I'm deeply sorry if I've offended anyone; nothing that I have said was meant to infuriate or start a fight. I'm sorry people felt this needed to turn into a shouting match. Thank you to those of you who posted comments and participated in this discussion. Hopefully, this never has to happen again. I feel that I've expressed myself clearly and I've done nothing I regret and nothing that goes against what I have always proclaimed were my beliefs and personal values. I would ask that all personal judgements of anyone on this board or anywhere in life, be carefully considered before they are posted. Though this is a message board, the things that go on here are very real. So please, think and act carefully. To use a very old cliche, "walk a mile in their shoes" before you criticize.

~hippy

Re: Bear with me, this is long...

But the lighthearted way people were saying things like "Why doesn't she just die?" and "She serves no purpose on earth."
I never realised I was more than one person making me (us?) people.

Re: Re: Bear with me, this is long...

RavenStar said:

I never realised I was more than one person making me (us?) people.

Actually, what she said was "people saying things like (insert insult here)" So conceivably she could be referring to insults hurled by other people, using your quotes as examples.

SO this is all Raven Star's fault!! :ohmy: j/k of course, but I didn't know about the 'she should die' comment and that was what people were upset over. I knew there was another SuperHooch thread, and that there had been several but I never read them all the way through. I really don't know much about it, like I said, I only posted the pics and thought it would be fun since so many of you seemed to have a big joke about her.

Thanks everyone for explaining, it's good to know it wasn't against me personally, but please let me explain why I took it personally, and I'll never mention it again:

*It was my thread. If bitterness was spilling over from another thread, maybe it should have been left in the old thread. It would have made more sense. When everyone just started jumping on the pick on Naomi thing here, and I was the one who started the thread, naturally I assumed it must be me, since I hadn't seen anyone bashing the SuperHooch bashing before. So since it looked like it suddenly started in my thread, I took it personally.

*Add to that the fact that one of the people who made a negative comment toward my thread went to the longass thread in PLEBAns and made a post obviously aimed at me- no, not at Raven Star or anyone in the other thread, ME. So I took that personally.

*Add to all this the fact that, despite all the controversy in my thread, a NEW unflattering SuperHooch thread was started, and participated in actively, even by some of the same ones who had knocked the negative comments about her in my thread! :confused: Since that one was going along smoothly, same old fun cracking jokes about SuperHooch, no one getting bent out of shape like in my thread, no one calling it "OLD" like in my thread, even though that thread came AFTER mine and all the controvery, I had to assume it must be ME that was the problem? :confused: :huh:

So can anyone see how it looked to me, and why I took it personally??!!

:reject:

Okay, explaination over. I won't ever mention SuperHooch again, even if everyone else does.

Tabby said:
*Add to that the fact that one of the people who made a negative comment toward my thread went to the longass thread in PLEBAns and made a post obviously aimed at me- no, not at Raven Star or anyone in the other thread, ME. So I took that personally.

That person felt personally attacked by you for posting her opinion and went to the long thread to post about it because that's where a lot of us go to post things that are bothering us. It was you, not RavenStar, who made negative comments about this person, so that's why that particular post (and no other) was aimed specifically at you.

I certainly can see why at first you took all of this personally. But please realize that there's not always a reason a certain issue comes up in a particular thread. And very rarely will an argument about an actual issue be aimed at a specific poster. I know it's easy to take things personally, but usually that's really not the case.

Are we all done now?

Sigh, the saddest thing of all is, I was only trying to be funny. This was really twisted and blown way out of proportion. It's just awful when you never know what is going to set someone off. Now I don't think I'll ever post anything again but 'like wow that pic sure is hot!' :p

Tabby said:
Sigh, the saddest thing of all is, I was only trying to be funny. This was really twisted and blown way out of proportion. It's just awful when you never know what is going to set someone off. Now I don't think I'll ever post anything again but 'like wow that pic sure is hot!' :p

If this seriously bothers you that much, then maybe you should do that. But think that would be silly. Just because a person (or people) might disagree with you or might not find what you posted funny doesn't mean you should stop posting! As long as there are no personal attacks and the argument can be kept civil, I don't see what's wrong with a healthy debate, even if it was originally intended to be a joke. And, just so you know, the surest way to 'set someone off' is a personal attack.

And yet again, I'd like to point out that it wasn't even what you said that set anybody off! It was the issue of bashing somebody we don't know, NOT YOU and not your post specifically that was being discussed. But if you really can't stand people disagreeing with you, then by all means, confine your posts to frivolous topics.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

the surest way to 'set someone off' is a personal attack.

And yet again, I'd like to point out that it wasn't even what you said that set anybody off! It was the issue of bashing somebody we don't know, NOT YOU and not your post specifically that was being discussed. But if you really can't stand people disagreeing with you, then by all means, confine your posts to frivolous topics.

I never made any intentional personal attacks, and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way. I considered what became of this thread to be a personal attack against me. But I'm not alone, too many people are way too touchy and sensitive. When stupid things like hair and SuperHooch's feelings start fights, that's absurd.:coocoo:

okay...i've been keeping an eye on this thread and i'd like to give my 2 cents....

first of all... i am speaking for myself here...

i am not jealous of superhooch for dating adam--good lord. why would i be jealous of cocaine sniffing ho? yeah she's stinking rich, of course she has tons of boyfriends, and free designer clothes...but so what? she isn't any happier--she tried committing suicide many times.

so, jealous? i don't think so. many groupies have slept with adam--and am i jealous? no. why? cos there's no point in being jealous. jealousy is a waste of an emotion.

and i never liked superhooch, even before she even dated adam.

everyone makes mistakes when dating people. just be careful for what or WHO you wish for.

and lastly, making fun of superhooch will never get old. "superhooch" is a polite term..well more polite than she really deserves.

LONG LIVE SUPERHOOCH!! HAIL TO THE QUEEN SITTING ON HER THRONE!!

naomi012.jpg

While I personally don't like to bash Naomi, I will say one thing...

The name "Superhooch" makes me laugh. :lol: :D

When I first became a U2 fan and found out Adam had gone out with Naomi, I cut out pictures of her from magazines, made a collage, and hung it up with my U2 stuff on my walls...it's either still in a box somewhere or I might have thrown it out when I had to move.

:p I'm too otherwise happy to worry aboot this

I actually use the term "Superhooch" to describe a lot of girls here (School I mean; not PLEBA)

:shifty: Sssh don't tell 'em I said that

Anyway
It's kind of good when something like this happens. I like it when people can state their own cases maturely and reasonably :heart:

FallingStar said:
:wave: What means Superhooch? What is a hooch?
a hooch is a nutte :wink:

edit: :eek: i just read the rest of the thread. imo, i think everyone needs to calm down. as it's been said, since none of us know naomi personally, who cares what each of us thinks of her? i'm sure even if naomi was reading this, if she's such a heartless bitch as many think, i don't think she'd care! and even if she is really a nice girl, i don't think she'd take the bashing so seriously, as i'm sure she knows that a lot of people don't think she's too great of a person.

Last edited:
Thanks for using the smaller pic...I do appreciate it.

___
:wave: I love it when you gals are so sweet and cooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom