For the Adam gals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
For the Adam gals...mostly :)

Well also the Adam fans who are guys, but they're few and far between who venture to PLEBA...or they possibly already know this stuff. :p

Not just a picture thread, it's an educational one.

Think I got the names right...Adam's basses' names.

woah.jpg

Fender Jazz 65 Shoreline Gold (Photo I took myself)

fly_adamside.jpg

Gibson Thunderbird IV

gibsonlespaul.jpg

Gibson Les Paul (if you got the Bass Player issue from January, that's the one he uses with another bass on "Sometimes," and also in the video for "Even Better")

adamkcbest.jpg

Lakland 2000/2001 - The Joe Osborn Signature

elevation-adam-01.jpg

Fender Jazz bass 1961 - 3 Tone Sunburst

adam2.jpg

Lakland 2000/2001 - The Bob Glaub Signature

adampopmart.jpg

Auerswald Custom

64jazzsherwoodgreen.jpg

Fender Jazz 64 Sherwood Green

Last edited:
Wonderful post thrillme:up: I othen wondered but was afriad to ask about his bass gutairs. I would refer to them as the "green one, or the one with glitter on it.:giggle: May I ask you a question about one or two of the basses?

ok, if you can tell me the make of the one he had in the early days id appriciate it. i think its an ibanez copy, but i dunno the exact make...bit vague i know. :wink:

MooMoo! said:
ok, if you can tell me the make of the one he had in the early days id appriciate it. i think its an ibanez copy, but i dunno the exact make...bit vague i know. :wink:

Hey Moomoo! (I'm also hmtmkmkm at Poplemon) I read an article where Adam mentioned he got an Ibanez copy of a Gibson EB-3 early on.

I have a Squier version of a Fender Standard Jazz. Looks like the bass Adam plays in the 'I Will Follow' video.

Wonderful post thrillme I othen wondered but was afriad to ask about his bass gutairs. I would refer to them as the "green one, or the one with glitter on it. May I ask you a question about one or two of the basses?

Sure though I'm still a student of the bass myself. ;)

I sometimes call them by other names, like the 4th photo, the "white sparkly one."

Thought I don't have $3,000 for that one!

Last edited:
Adam plays bass too?? :hmm: Wow! All this time I thought he was just there to look pretty. I guess I was so distracted by teh pritty to notice :drool:

I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :wink: Really though, I feel lost in all this bass talk :uhoh: My little brother plays, I should ask him what it all means. That or I could go the Adam-route and use terms like "fret-action" and BS my through this thread :lol:

:
Sure though I'm still a student of the bass myself.

I was wondering if the "yellow one-POP" bass was made just for him? I also wanted to know if the names of the basses are the names of a company or an actual person...Please forgive me if my questions are childish:reject

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:
:

I was wondering if the "yellow one-POP" bass was made just for him? I also wanted to know if the names of the basses are the names of a company or an actual person...Please forgive me if my questions are childish:reject

Yup, the space bass was made just for him. The same guy who makes Prince's guitars made it.

The basses are named after companies, but those company names are the founders' last names.

Then I think some basses are customized to a particular musicians liking, and they get names like the Lakland Joe Osborn, etc. (pronounced like "lake-land")

There's no official "Adam Clayton" signature bass :(

Just his unofficial customized ones. Apparently he switched the necks on some of his basses so he could see them better on stage and he has some basses that are a mix of the two most popular styles of bass, the 'jazz' style and the 'precision' style.

I got both issues of Bass Player with Adam interviews, he makes this stuff sound kinda naughty a few times. :shifty:

:up: Thank you thrillme, I have been wondering about that for a while. Perhaps one day Adam will have his own "official" bass. I know just what you mean about Adam's paticular chocie of words:shh: He makes me wonder:hmm:

Re: For the Adam gals...mostly :)

thrillme said:
Well also the Adam fans who are guys, but they're few and far between who venture to PLEBA...or they possibly already know this stuff. :p

Not just a picture thread, it's an educational one.

Think I got the names right...Adam's basses' names.

woah.jpg

Fender Jazz 65 Shoreline Gold (Photo I took myself)

fly_adamside.jpg

Gibson Thunderbird IV

gibsonlespaul.jpg

Gibson Les Paul (if you got the Bass Player issue from January, that's the one he uses with another bass on "Sometimes," and also in the video for "Even Better")

adamkcbest.jpg

Lakland 2000/2001 - The Joe Osborn Signature

elevation-adam-01.jpg

Fender Jazz bass 1961 - 3 Tone Sunburst

adam2.jpg

Lakland 2000/2001 - The Bob Glaub Signature

adampopmart.jpg

Auerswald Custom

64jazzsherwoodgreen.jpg

Fender Jazz 64 Sherwood Green
I love these pictures especially the first one! God bless the photographer!:drool: :drool:

Hello ! Thank You - I used some info from here to complete my site - you're welcome
-- u2.greensite.sk/adam.php (it's website - it don't allow me to write http because of spam control)

tomash

please let me know if you don't understand something what is written in czech ... but I think it's intuitive ;)

^I didn't know my Czech is that good....I understood almost everything....:hmm:

:wink:
Anyway, nice site, very informative, keep up the good work! :up:

And thanks for bumping this thread up, I didn't have the chance to say a big THANK YOU for thrillme! :applaud:
Adam gals are have to be not only beautiful but smart as well to match the object of their adoration!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom