"Elevation" - Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
A little disclaimer here:

This is my first real fanfic... so, if it sucks... don't throw any blunt objects at me. LOL.

Ok, in this story... the band members are not married or involved except Edge, who's dating Morleigh.
Nothing in this story is true.. its all made up shit from my own twisted head. LOL.

etc etc. lol.

Enough of my rambling.. here it is. Enjoy!

"Elevation" - Part 1

Chrissy always hated elevators. The fear went way back from her childhood, getting stuck in one when she was only 4 years old. Then again a few years back. An elevator jinx, she thought of herself. She swore up and down that these would be the death of her one day. Yet another workday, and taking a trip all the way to the 40th of the 80th floor to her NYC office at the 'Sonic Rhythms' magazine floor, where she worked as an art director and writer, for this modern music magazine.

"Goddamn, skyscrapers".. she thought to herself, watching the floor numbers go up.. and up, clenching her fists. lol.
There was no way she was going to walk all the way up all of those damn stairs everyday. Talk about a horrible death. So, she had no choice.
Last time she attempted that, she nearly had a fucking stroke doing so.

Today was gonna be an interesting day. Supposedly a very important guest was going to arrive at today's meeting, for an upcoming special for the music magazine next issue. Chrissy didn't know who it was, nor did most people working there. It was all a suprise by the publishers and would be announced today.

She finally reaches the 40th floor, and comes face to face with the window across from her.. showing how exactly high up she indeed was. She'd seen this thing so many times, everyday.. but still... her additional fear of heights wouldn't let her forget it. lol.

"Hey, Chris!! You want a coffee?", the secretary Maggie asked, cheerfully.
"Ahh.. no coffee for me... maybe some tea?"
"Sure!"
"Thanks, Mags"

Chrissy settles down in her office, dropping down all of her stuff and relaxing in her chair... watching the little rotating fish clock on her desk, chuckling.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. You had a special message for you this morning. A man going by the name of 'Mr. B', just the initial "B"... asked to speak to you about the upcoming project today? The mystery one?", Mags mentioned. Looking a bit confused.

"Hmm.. a Mr. B? who's that?", Chrissy asked.. confused herself.
"I have no clue. I said you were going to be a little late today and he said he'd come by and see you a couple hours before the meeting today and go over a few ideas he had..." Mags added.
Now this sounded.. scary.
"Me? This is the first I've ever heard of being in charge of anything.." Chrissy laughed.
"Now, that is a frightening thought", Mags laughed.
"Ahhh.. go ahead.. rub it in..." Chrissy laughed back. "I guess I'll just wait and see when this.. B guy comes...."
"Maybe he's some psycho...", Mags laughed.
"That'll make two of us then", Chrissy joked.

Mags went to get her tea and Chrissy's desk was a total mess as usual.
"I can't ever find a fucking thing of mine in this fucking pigsty..."
"I told you I'd help you organize it.." Mags said, returning with the tea. lol.
"I think it'd be a lost cause, actually..."

Then the phone rings.

"Maybe that's Mr. B!! HA ha ha.", Chrissy laughed... picking up the phone with a snort.
"Hello? Chrissy speaking."
"Hey, is this the Prep H Hemmorhoid Cream office?"
"Look, asshole... check into a fuckin asylum. Okay? Enough of this shit... CyA!", chrissy slams down the phone. It was the usual prank caller asshole that keeps calling every office there. lol

Shaking her head.. Mags laughs. "Maybe the guy really has a hemmorhoid problem, you never know, HAHAHA".
"I'll give him a hemmorhoid..." chrissy threatens.
"oooo nasty", mags says.. leaving the room again.

An hour after finally straightening up her office and getting together some things for today's meetings, its time for a break. Maybe a nice pastry at the place across the street would be lovely, she thought to herself.
"Damn it", Chrissy mumbles to herself heading to the elevators.

3 people are already in there...
One lady talking to herself and the other 2 on cellphones. One of them having a full-blown conversation about socks. Hmm, sounds interesting.lol
This made her feel better.

FINALLY.. done the ride. and out the door... and out for some good time pastries.

"FUCK!!!" at the pastry shop... they dont have her favorite. Banana Crumb. *sniff*. the dude in front of her got the last one.

She had to settle on a blueberry pastry instead.

On the way back... she sighs to herself.. "At least I'll have something to keep my extra company on the way up that feckin thing.." smiling at her pastry... talking to it... as a guy in the lobby looks at her like she's insane.
She gooks right back. lol.

"Great.. now they're fuckin slow..." laughing to herself as she's waiting and waiting.

A door opens, going up and she pops in, pastry armed in hand.
A man is standing with his facing to her studying a little water-painting on the elevator wall. Ahh... thank God, good. some company.
The door closes. She goes to push the button to her floor but realizes the man in there with her must be going to the same floor as he's selected the same.
"Hello... Good mornin'", the man says behind her, with a cheerful accent... as she turns around to face him... "Good morning to you... too" she greets back happily.. then her eyes bulge out of her head in shock at who she sees before her.
The man, grinning the biggest grin.. mischeivious and at the same time... perfectly aware of his effect on the young woman with the pastry. Crumbs dropping onto the floor, as she realizes she's shaking. Oh yup.. She knew that grin very well. She knew it by heart.
She tries to quickly regain composure for a second and think real quick...
"Beautiful Day, isn't it?", he says... still gleaming.
"Ahh yep! Beautiful Day indeed..." she smiles.. turning her face towards the little frame on the wall around the floor buttons.. pretending to be perfectly calm interesting in some random ting that didnt exist on the wall.
He chuckles..
Shes trying to think of what the heck to say. I GOTTA SAY SOMETHING!!! ITS BONO. BONO FROM U2. THE BAND I'VE LOVED ALL OF MY FUCKIN LIFE...
He's watching her.. grinning still... he's up to something and knows exactly what shes doing, heh.
She quickly turns back around.. pastry crumbs flinging with her, lol.
"Lovely painting, eh?" she says.. as he's not keeping a straight face.
"Oh yes it is. It's by Herbert Crumb (he chuckles as she does, both glancing at her crumby pastry. No pun-intended). One of the best artists that ever lived..." as he continues rambling about the artist. The ride for some reason seemed to be going forever.. but neither of them took notice.
Chrissy can't stop from smiling, listening to him getting so into what he's rambling about, grinning like a kid on Christmas day. It was very charming. A little too charming. god, he was so adorable. those eyes sparkling from behind his shades, eyes she knew by heart.. sending a shock right through her core... that adorable nose... that mouth.. oh jesus, that mouth....
leaning against the side of the elevator.. she feels herself melt into it... wanting him so bad, right there.. right then... watching him talk. every move of that beautiful mouth. "what the hells wrong with you, girl?!?!? you're not like this!" shes thinking to herself... shaking her head back into sense.

It then hits her.. 'shit, i've gotta say something to him... introduce myself.. something.. goddamnit..' shes arguing inside her head.. as he's still talking away, heh.

"it's very beautiful... everything about it.." he finishes off... as he takes off his tinted blue shades.
"But not as beautiful as you, i must say.." he grins.. reaching his hand out to her to kiss it... slightly bowing.
Chrissy starts blushing... thinking to herself.. 'oh god... please dont do that...'
he takes her hand in his.. and gently kisses it. the heat rising from within her, almost unbearable... flushing her whole face and body.
"What's your name?" he asked, eyes flirtateously shining... and that darn grin.. tempting her into impure thoughts.
"Chrissy... Chrissy Kramer"... trying to keep the grin of her face... as he is still holding her hand in his. "Oh god, stop... you little.. tempting pain in the ass..." shes thinking to herself...
"Ah like on Seinfeld", he grins. "Yup.. like Seinfeld...", shaking her head, grinning.
"I'm Mr. B.. but you can call me Bono..", he grins.. even more so this time, like that was even possible. He was quite aware she knew who he was... this was fun.
Still neither one of them was aware that the elevator had stopped.

"I know", she smiles... then it hits her... "Oh shit, you're the Mr. B that left me a message earlier!"
He laughs and says, "Yep, that'd be the same B...", (damn that grin!!!)
Before she can say anything else... he pulls her into him gently...
Oh good lord.. what the hell is he doing?????
She drops her pastry on the floor, he laughs inside at that.
He pulls her closer, now seriously face to face.. he goes to kiss her.
'oh my god, no.. he isnt.. gonna.. do what.. i think.. hes doing... i cant.. but..' and the urge is so overwhelming, all sense leaves her head.. as his lips touch hers... soft and gentle... she goes weak... he holds onto her... pulling her even closer into him.. until she can feel his heartbeat against hers in a beautiful harmony and his warmth blanket over her.. almost making her cry.
she feels herself kissing back now... reaching her hand to touch the side of his face... feeling the warmth against her palm...
She can feel him grin against her lips as she does this... kissing him more intensely now, as he's returning the favor with double the intensity.
his tongue slips into her mouth.. as she tangles hers with his... fighting for as far as they can go... but the limit keeping them back.
she can feel his heart pounding right into hers... just as throbbingly pulsating. 'hows this happening to me? me of all people???' she thinks to herself, then once again swept away by his kisses as they travel down to her neck...

"Clunk!!", a loud noise breaks the romantic silence.

"What the hell was that?" they both say, trying to catch their breath...

"oh shit.. the elevator is stuck"...

(To be continued... )

hiya!

yep, im already working on ideas for part 2. its gonna have a lot of cool twists and turns, or so that i have planned. then again... i kinda wanna have the story write itself a bit.

i'll try and get more posted this weekend. :)

glad you enjoyed it!
:wink:

mm yummy bono and an elevator.. :drool: oh and a pastry... :drool: :drool:

Okay... sorry I haven't posted Part 2 yet... been very, very busy, and just spent the past few days with the goddamn flu... (ick.. lotsa mucus..) lol.

Anyhoo.. got a couple more days off for the holiday and will get to posting the next installment of my pathetic story by then. lol.

Back
Top Bottom